The movie's Goodbye World and How I Live Now.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yoldering, Aug 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Adding the movie Contagion to the list. Thought it was pretty good, lots of big name actors/actresses in it.

2. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Just watched The Last Days last night, Netflix streaming. It's set in Barcelona, subtitles. Across the globe people are afflicted with an unknown virus that gives them severe agoraphobia, to the point if you force them outdoors their system goes over the edge and they die. Sounds kinda stupid but it viewed a lot better than it read. Now everyone is trapped inside whatever building they were in when it hit them... home, office buildings, shopping malls, etc, and has been for about three months when the movie starts. It was interesting.

3. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I would like to know if anyone has gone to see The Giver. It opened last weekend and is about a Utopia that may not be so wonderful after all.

4. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

I enjoyed "Tomorrow when the war began" and am looking forward to the sequel. What do y'all thing of the show Evolution. I have struggled with it and pretty much lost interest in it. At some point I want to catchup a bit.
    Netflix seems to have a lot of these movies/shows all of the sudden.

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

Oh yeah, the one thing about tomorrow when the war began was that it reminded me so much of Red Dawn. The original one I mean. Now that was a great movie!

Motomom34 and Brokor like this.
  6. ditch witch

Just watched Right At Your Door (Netflix streaming), dirty bombs in LA. Suddenly duct tape moved a bit higher on my list. :D

kckndrgn, kellory and Brokor like this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

with Patrick Swayze?o_Owe might have a difrence of opinion there....

8. kckndrgn

well, you can NEVER have too much duct tape. If needed you can build a boat out of some :) or just use it to seal up your home

ditch witch and Brokor like this.
  9. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

Yeah yeah yeah... Childhood memories trump adult realities when it comes to acting abilities... I miss Patrick Swayze as well!

10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Yoldering I am glad you like Tomorrow when the war began. I loved the books. It does make me wonder how easily a country could be taken if the citizens are not armed.

11. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

How many books are there? I may want to read a few...

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Haven't seen the full film of either title (Goodbye World and How I live Now)...trailers only. The thing to note is that both films are dramatic entertainment...not a primer on prepping, nor a guide for surviving a post-apocalyptic holocaust, so it's not going to illustrate prepping best practice. That said, both films have value in stimulating questions in one's mind as to what could be done if in the character's shoes to make your survival chances better were you them.

Best not read The Old Testament....there's far worse lovin' family action than kissin' cousins. ;)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
  13. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I think there are 4 in the first series then there is a series after. I didn't care for those but the first ones were good reads.

14. kckndrgn

Watched "Right at Your Door" tonight. OK, and duct tape and plastic need to be replaced. Nice twist at the end.

Watched "How I live now", just didn't get into it, along with 20 years after, yawn.

Love all the movie recommendations, keep 'em coming.

ditch witch and Brokor like this.
  15. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Whats funny is, we have a thread just for this called "What Are You Watching Now?", but this one is far more active, plus the title is great and the participation is wonderful, so we should keep going, lol

AmericanRedoubt1776 likes this.
  16. ditch witch

Watched Hell. Netflix streaming. Liked that one a lot. Solar flares have raised temps 10C/50F. Follows a woman, her boyfriend or else just some guy she's paired up with, and her younger sister as they try to reach the mountains where rumor has it there's still water and everything isn't burnt up.

Brokor likes this.
  17. Brokor

Just "Hell"? That's a really bad title.

Sounds cool though

18. ditch witch

It's German/Swiss. I read somewhere it's supposed to be something else but didn't translate right. Walmart sells it under Apocalypse.

Hell (2011 film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AmericanRedoubt1776 likes this.
  19. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

I think I may want to watch it... It seems that Netflix has been adding a lot of these type movies lately.

20. Brokor

I think I shall watch Guardians of the Galaxy [winkthumb]

1. phorisc
  2. Motomom34
  3. Bandit99
  4. SB21
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Shinzo
  7. DKR
  8. 3M-TA3
  9. sec_monkey