the Multiverse?

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by OldDude49, Apr 25, 2018.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Bandit99 likes this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

Same old story, if you have faith, no proof is necessary, if you don't, no proof will change your mind. I see no difference in my mind in calling the supreme being the master mechanic who built the universe, the one who brings order to the universe, the multiverse, etc. Some force we don't understand and don't know how it was created brought this forth from some where or something. We are arguing about names and not fundamental concepts. God willed it and out of the formless void light appeared. A singularity appeared by some unknown manner in the formless void, expanded and light appeared. You believe in what you wish, call it what you wish, in your mind take it to where you wish. It is a beautiful morning, I have had a cup of coffee, a bowl of oatmeal, and the dog tells me it is time to go down and watch the sunrise over the pond and check on the geese. I will take the infinite wisdom of my dog over that of all the learned men and enjoy to the fullest what someone or something has given me.

SoaySheep, Dont, Ura-Ki and 7 others like this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I've never seen a conflict between science and religion. One describes how and the other why. By their very nature they can only encompass a small amount of the entire truth.

4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Do you have faith in a friend , some one you know has been at your back through rough and good times ?
    Does God alter circumstances for an individual like is shared in scriptures ?
    In my experience He does .
    The rich have a saying "timing is every thing" . certainly for those of us in machine work understand this value and those in business and military and almost all forms of our existence .
    Let's face it if you ask a girl to marry you at the wrong time she is going to turn you down. Timing is that critical .
    When a man walks in his own timing ,manipulating things he can comprehend ,his limited comprehension can only go so far. If he employs the influence of others It has the opportunity to go a bit further especially tied to some organization this is practiced regularly.( Illuminati )
    Some enlist the help of the spirit world for help since they observe others you cannot see .
    sounds far fetched but it is real . These believe in their contact just as much as those believing in their business contacts .
    Faith is only a starting point after which is a relationship that can grow and prosper or turn stagnant or turn sour .
    A superficial faith has nothing invested ,like most religions basing every thing on hearsay, and second, third and forth hand information.
    It has always been God's intention to be a man's teacher, but man/men resist what God has to offer. So with this insistence on independence and rebellion the relationship is at a stalemate.
    The few "honest desperate" for the relationship are privileged to have a walking relationship , and this is only possible through those committed to Jesus Christ.
    Desperation is one thing, Honesty is another ,God does not abide with any liars .
    It is Jesus who delivers the Holy Spirit of God to those He recognizes His believers .No one else.
    This is relationship of cooperation not manipulation .
    It is no wonder that those that seek to manipulate God are disappointed.
    Any one seeking to manipulate me is going to be disappointed as well.
    When I am given instruction and fallow God's leading, things fall into place I could have never imagined in a lifetime .
    While I am not a member of any church in particular, however I do have friends that have a similar relationship and relatively same experiences in growth in our relationship with God.
    Unfortunately not all Christians are this desperate in this relationship and take their faith rather casually , using scriptures for excuses, rather than conviction and growth.

Though science has no moral agenda ,and having what information is provided by speculation at best , though some findings seem helpful, often times found false years later .
    Earth's age is still argued among them all. I put to you the bible does reveal the reason for the confusion .
    Regardless of the means of determining age let me offer this .
    If I provide you with a battery good for 365 cycles it is safe to speculate that used for a solar light sitting out on your lawn ,it should last one year correct ?
    Often times people are buying a new battery for the cordless phone a bit prematurely why. because a "cycle" is a charge provided regardless of where the charge is in the battery. If you put the receiver back on the charger every time 4 times a day you have cut the life in a fraction of it's potential .
    We know for a fact that when the tsunami occurred in Indonesia the earth 's rotation was altered .
    The flood in the time of Noah did exactly the same thing only on a much larger scale.
    Only the earth was slowed to 1/10th its original speed.
    Time based on the earth's rotation is a mistake, because it is not eternally fixed .

3M-TA3 and Ura-Ki like this.
  5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@OldDude49 Well, I found it quite interesting, far-fetched, but interesting. I must admit that I don't completely understand what exactly is a 'multiverse', even though this told me. I mean, I was following it until it said one could 'break up with one's girlfriend in one verse and be married to her in another.' That to me seems like another dimension, which I guess is the 'multiverse'...which indeed seems implausible to me...but who am I to go against a Stephen Hawking. Wait. I can because it is total based on...faith.

Anyway, interesting...

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Mental gymnastics like exercise can beneficial to the individual, as long as the individual does not confer upon themselves deity status and attempt "lord" it over me,

7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

As an agnostic, I still believe in prayer even though I suspect that if there is a god, it isn't cognizant and could care less about the day to day here on this rock. Never believed in the punishment and reward system or life after death so heaven and hell have no meaning for me. I wish god's blessing on those that I care about because I feel it is what god would want if he/she were involved with this soap-opra. I have a deep appreciation of the charity and goodness of many community churches, they can be a true brotherhood and I grew up in one. I have a deep and abiding faith in many of the values espoused by the devout religious, I just don't blindly attributed them to a deity. I do not use prayer as a wish-book, it is a personal affirmation that I care enough to want you to heal and prosper.

duane and DarkLight like this.
  8. duane

duane Monkey+++

Agnostic, person who has never been in a situation bad enough or desperate enough to try one last ditch try for any help you can get and hope that there is a supreme being who can save your a** as everything else has failed.

9. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

This is my position. Only the vain dare to believe they know all there is to know about something.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7