The Myth of Primitive Communism

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ganado, Apr 13, 2016.

1. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Very small groups work well like this or bigger groups that will not allow said lazy butts to be coddled. The larger the group is where I see the bigger need for an iron hand. And say you have a group that takes in a down-on-their-luck person. Betas will try to sway the thoughts of the others to go against the Alphas because it's not fair to have to work hard in order to eat. Did I mention I've heard beta discontents make good fertilizer?

AD1 and chelloveck like this.
  2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@TailorMadeHell,
    It is easier and wiser to tell them to move on. After they are integrated, a lot of folks would not be comfortable with using them as fertilizer.

@HK_User
    Occupying a large amount of territory means farmers. hunters, cooks. medical, trades people and military types to patrol the area. Those and more are key to a large group. Plus a defensive fortification. Cleared a minimum of 100 meters, with marked sight lines etc.

In addition, the larger the concentration of people, the more difficult sanitation becomes. Or in medieval times, they drank beer and wine because the water was polluted.

chelloveck likes this.
  3. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

I wouldn't use them for fertilizer. The contaminants in their bodies will poison the food. The have a problem with it in Asia.

4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@AxesAreBetter
    Have a lot of lime on hand.

The best solution is that is nice and we feel for you; now, move on.

We have families also.

5. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It also explains why in more recent times why tea and coffee were popular beverages...and it simply wasn't just the taste. Both kinds of drinks pretty much killed off harmful microbes in the process of preparation.

GrayGhost likes this.
  6. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

So...is the thought of compromising OPSEC worse than losing potential friends/alliances?

My initial thoughts are that no matter what you what you have, and well prepared you think you are, assistance from others will be required. Friendships forged now will only help in the future.

My 2 cents.

Dont and chelloveck like this.
  7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Indeed. However, making friendships and alliances does not require full disclosure of one's own preps or capabilities. OPSEC just takes on a new level of assessment, planning and application.

The principles of

Concealment,
    Camouflage,
    Diversion,
    Deception

Still apply to your friends and allies * as much as your adversaries.

* Edit: Especially family ~ particularly family with in-law/out-law attachments.

I'd like to discuss this issue further, but so as not to derail the topic any further than it already has...will explore it elsewhere.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
  8. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

This correct. But, to work, live, and thrive together you've got to lay your cards on the table. To withhold is certainly a deal breaker.

My point is...once vetted, as best is possible, alliances can and will further one's chances of survivability.

There are a number of people that have posted consistently here. I've read back years, and some have created a baseline....meaning being consistent in thought. You get a feeling of that. Those same people I would have no problem with meeting in person. In fact, I would welcome it.

Trust me, brother...we all have much to discuss here.

Mountainman, chelloveck and AD1 like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And so, you see, it IS possible to vet at a distance. Time is the cost --

chelloveck, Ganado, AD1 and 1 other person like this.
  10. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

And you get out of life what you put in to it. Due diligence.

We all have decisions to make...it's up to each of us that the one's we make are wise.

The discussions had here are proof that the ones posting here have a measure of thought and judgement. We just need to make the most of it.

chelloveck likes this.
  11. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

Vetting is not a problem here, @ghrit. There are many intelligent individuals here, as I'm sure you know.

Ones of the things that drew me to this site was the lack of yahoos just spouting off...unlike so many other places.

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I'm sure you've noticed some --. They don't always last too long

kellory, GrayGhost, Dont and 2 others like this.
  1. Prepsteader13
  2. Dont
  3. Dont
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Motomom34
  6. ghrit
  7. Tink44
  8. survivalmonkey
  9. melbo
  10. Hanzo
  11. melbo
  12. ghrit