The neighbor remodels his house....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKR, Mar 31, 2018.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

So, your neighbor remodels his house, and you get this:

[​IMG]

What can you do?

Better yet, since it is Easter weekend, what houses have you seen that you are happy not to have as a neighbor? (post the image)

Ganado and Gator 45/70 like this.
  2. DKR

This is in California's Sian Fran area

[​IMG]
    overhead view to show the size of the place
    [​IMG]

Where's Fred?
    At least fire isn't too much of a worry, this is all concrete....

Ganado likes this.
  3. ochit

ochit Monkey+

is that a short bus coming up the driveway ?

4. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

1416219672_6-640x437.

DKR likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Get the heck out of the City, and on to some acreage... then it isn’t an issue...

6. ochit

ochit Monkey+

this is an extension of loss of common sense, people are tattooing their faces and exposed body parts, Why because they have no self control they have an identity crisis and feel they must show the world who what they were or did or as a status symbol. Well its a blast that doesn't last when people do this they are imposing their own delusion on others we do not live in dizney place this is why Home owner associations exist because some people lack self control.Others do these things to annoy their neighbors.

there is not enough acreage to escape stupid, a friend has a large ranch and is forced to deal with peoples dogs attacking running his cattle and horses fighting his dogs. people have no respect for others much less themselves. When it comes to responsibility forget it, they will lie about their dog being on the property that is not theirs if an animal is injured they refuse to pay explaining it was not their animal. that problem was taken care of intruding animals are culled. they have had to call the game warden for illegal hunters on their posted land with sings all over.

The epitome of disrespect for life and limb is to text or read while driving it killing hundreds and it has become so prevalent laws are being made to imprison people that injure or kill people wile texting. Doped up morons that can't stay home wander around naked or doing crazy stuff out fo their minds if it would be once and they learned that would be one thing, but they do it again and again. I can remember not seeing a drunk or public nonsense for months at a time maybe even a year unless you were at a bar. now it's everywhere all the time. even in small bergs.

People do not fear reciprocity the police protect them from irate individuals that have good reason to punch them in the face, that is what a lot of people need it a good ass whipping.

Tully Mars likes this.
  7. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Where I grew up it was a common deal to phone a neighbor and tell them their dogs were seen running stock. 2nd call wasn't usually ever made unless it was a good friend. 2nd time same dog(s) were seen running stock we simply shot them where they were no different than if they were 'yotes chasing stock.

TnAndy, Ganado and 3cyl like this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Around here, dogs that run deer are considered feral. Usually, they are reported to the game commission and the wildlife officers will usually say go ahead and shoot them. We do.

Tully Mars likes this.
  9. DKR

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    free paint for the entire block?

[​IMG]
    'jelly bean row' New Brunswick. Easier to find your home in the fog/drunk?

10. DKR

[​IMG]
    a more traditional look

[​IMG]
    A number of abandoned commercial buildings along Route 1 in Hyattsville, Maryland have been painted with bright colors as part of a campaign to fight urban blight.

Some might argue the colors used are urban blight....

11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I live in America and believe it is my right to be happy and what my house is, is my business .
    If you don't like my house buy it and make it the way you want. after all you choose the house you live in, and I think it is offensive .but I don't make a STINK about it.
    Your house, your business. try not being so easily offended.

Byte, Homer Simpson, TnAndy and 2 others like this.
  12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Oh and the first words out of your mouth are property values, your the greedy liberal .
    Hard working people like to live in what suits them , so what ?
    It's safe and meets the safety standard built in the 1930s , BUG OFF .
    If I sound angry , I am .
    Arguing property values ,
    I tore every thing down and sold my vacant land for 1/3 it's true property value (due to the stress) "Of vacant land in that area", and that my friend drove property values down much further than if they had just left me alone .
    Adding insult to injury , during a significant earth quake , my building was not effected being about 4 miles from the epicenter, but the city building (my accusers ) newly built 10 miles from the epicenter suffered damage to the steel framework and had to be evacuated to the library only 3 miles from the epicenter.
    It has nothing to do with My actions or behavior, I was a well known participant in rescue operations both in the sheriff's department and other community concerns. It simply boiled down to an old cabin next to newly built cabins that simply did no longer fit in.
    I understand all too well why people of other states hate Californians.

13. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

None of my damn business what anybody does with their house as long as its not next to mine and they set it on fire

Homer Simpson and 3cyl like this.
  14. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Honestly, id much reather live next to somebody with an unconventional building/style/colour etc that takes care of their property than someone who just lets the place turn into a tip (ie garbage dump)

15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

We painted our old house a teal color with raspberry/pink trim. Our old neighbor was stunned. It was a little colorful for some of the neighbors.

mysterymet likes this.
  16. DKR

[​IMG]
    Fairbanks AK.

In the long, cold and dark winters, it is nice to see a splash of color in the snow. Of course, if the building is just butt-ugly....

17. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I am a big fan of the monolithic domes for survivability however the color palette is a bit off and the fake animals are gaudy. I’ve seen those domes half buried in the ground too. I would love to have a concrete monolithic dome home with quick roll down shutters for the windows! Then again since I am a live a let live person when it comes to property rights I’d say let your freak flag fly and paint your house what ever color you want.

Ganado, oldawg, 3cyl and 1 other person like this.
  18. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Grow higher hedges......

mysterymet and 3cyl like this.
  19. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

I'm fortunate enough not to have neighbors I can see from my place, but some of the ones I drive by do make me wonder "what are they thinking" :D

Zimmy likes this.
  20. Mountain mama

Mountain mama Monkey++

I'm glad my neighbors are some distance away..........

Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7