The Problem with May 21, 2011

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Hispeedal2, May 20, 2011.

1. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Another "Yogiism" comes to mind regarding Brother Camping and his many messages........

"It's deja vu all over again!" [LMAO]

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

A friend of mine is running a daily photograph from her morning walks, with a spectacular and strikingly beautiful shot each day, all entitled "After the Rapture".

3. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I still can't believe with literacy at an all time high, people still can't read The Book.

All it would take is reading the New Testament to understand that any prediction is "misguided" at best.

4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

I can laugh at him and any who follow his teachings. There is a "church" nearby (relatively large and very influential) that has predicted it twice. The "preacher" has even forbade his parishioners from having sex about 8 yrs ago. "Read the Book", it says to ignore evil spirits or even angels who contradict the Bible's teachings. Jesus himself does not know exactly when God will send Him back. He did give us signs to watch for in numerous places. Matt. 24 talks about it a bit as Jesus is addressing His disciples direct question concerning His second coming. Daniel and Revelation also has predictions among other books. Read the whole book, pray for insight, and re study the parts that are not clear. Get into a Bible believing/preaching church and if the preacher gets off base then correct him or get out. We all make mistakes and stumble--His word is a clear "roadmap" and "compass" for our lives. Use it to be wise and happy.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I do not usually post on Religion, or Faith based matters. I believe that how folks choose to deal with their GOD, is a personal thing, and not open for discussion, and debate by others. HOWEVER it is "My" opinion, If you do not want to be "Led Astray" then you need to "Go to the Source" and do NOT let ANYONE, get between you, and your GOD, PERIOD. Each major religion has its Book of Scripture. Why would you believe what ANYONE tells you, your chosen Book says, instead of just reading it yourself? What makes someone else's Prayer, to your God, more important to Him/Her/It than your own heartfelt Prayer. Faith and Religion is a PERSONAL Relationship with your God, and allowing another person in between you and your GOD, makes about as much sense as allowing another person in between you, and you wife. ..... and certainly YMMV.........

6. UrbanFool

UrbanFool The Village Idiot

Because people are sheep. And the Bible takes too long to read. People want to just be told. So they find someone they trust and that's pretty much the it.

Hispeedal2 likes this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and that is REALLY the Issue, isn't it..... some Folks are JUST TO LAZY, even when it is their OWN Personal Salvation, they are dealing with..... Those kind, are what Momma calls TSTL.... (Nurses Term.... "To Stupid, to Live") If one is led by others, because they are to lazy to do, and think, for themselves, then they are truly, Sheep, and will be led straight to Damnation, by the Evil One, himself, one step at a time, and they will enjoy the fall, all the way down.

Oh No, I sound just like Broker.... This is exactly why I rarely post in Faith & Religion forums..... I get wound up in other folks stuff, and issues... and tend to get preachy... I apologize to the Forum... and now will retire, back to my wholesome....

Hispeedal2 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7