The Rawles Rationale

Discussion in 'Politics' started by john316, May 30, 2017.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I agree.

2. reinkefj

reinkefj REINKEFJ

Unfortunately, the Senatorial "popular" election is usually won by the "richest" candidate. And, it allows the Federal Gooferment to pass unfunded (Unconstitutional) mandates onto the individual States. In the old day, when the individual States legislatures selected their Senators, any Senator, who passed the cost to his state or acted embarrassingly, could be sure that the gravy train was over for him. “We, The Sheeple” make huge mistakes when we mess with the Constitution (i.e., prohibition; two term limits of Presidents; the 17th Amendment). IMHO

3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

That does make some sense but, to play as the devil's advocate, what is to stop money influencing the state legislators? I mean, ANY election in this country is normally won by those that have deeper pockets. But, I do agree, that we should never have touched the Constitution...it could very well be written in history books that was the beginning of the end.

4. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

While the Rawles site has some good info.It comes across as a site for very wealthy people or a site helping people make money selling stuff. We have a country of sheeple who will keep on going along as long as the free stuff keeps on flowing.Maybe a wake up call large enough is a collapse of the economy.

Motomom34 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7