The Rules of The Game

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by melbo, Oct 11, 2011.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

The Bank "never goes broke." If the Bank runs out of money, the Banker may issue as much as needed by writing on any ordinary paper.

- From the official rules of the board game Monopoly

VisuTrac, beast and Falcon15 like this.
  2. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

3. beast

beast backwoodsman

our current economic situation sure sounds like a monopoly game
    guess who's sittin on boardwalk and park place

4. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Ahhh... but someone has to be willing to accept that piece of paper in exchange for whatever the "Paper Holder" is hoping to trick them into exchanging for the IOU...

We're in the steepening side of the slide... good time to acquire those things to fill those holes and barter with later... on the bottom... paper for sure... and gold and silver for the most part for that matter... are not going to be the preferred mediums of "exchange"... IMHO

It is that uncomfortable time when the world you go to sleep in .... may just not be the same kind of world you wake up in...

"Stay Frosty" :0)

Falcon15 likes this.
  5. beast

beast backwoodsman

food and drink are, were and always will be
    things of real value
    im sorry you cant carry it in your pocket
    but i still think a sandwich when youre hungry
    is worth a hell of a lot more gold than any man can carry

Bear likes this.
  6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Yep that pretty much covers it. We failed to head what hasbro had to say a long time ago, Now we can not pass go, collect 200 bucks, it's off to the poor house .

Now where did i put that tin can to carry my stone soup back to my fema tarp hut?

Falcon15 likes this.
  7. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Yup... you nailed it...
    Food... when you are hungry
    Water... when you thirsty
    Warmth... when you are cold
    Shelter... when you homeless
    Protection... when you are hunted
    Etc....

Digital, Paper and PM's... at the bottom... worthless.... those thing above... priceless...

Me and my family are starving.... What do you want for that sandwich????...

JMHO... again...

Sapper John likes this.
  8. Nutpantz

Nutpantz Monkey+

The bank goes broke when you stop dealing with them.sure you need your mortgage at the bank.who else will hold a $350000.00 loan for you.but everything else? Use cash or trade. Cash to people you trust.strait man to man deals. No tax deductions no receipts.you will not make that 2.2% interest but they will not make their bank fees.you can't keep up with the joneses with a credit card, but then should you?you can never get rich on the stock market either, so work hard, play fair and one day the worm will turn. Until then be prepared.

9. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

If you are "making" 2.2% on any checking account, I want to know what bank that is. The average that a checking account yields around here is 0.7% and that is high.

10. Nutpantz

Nutpantz Monkey+

I admit that I have not looked at my banks savings account interest rate since my first account in the 70's and did the math. Even at 9 knew "interest"was a marketing ploy.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7