The Sabbath vs Sun day debate

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by skyking, Jul 13, 2011.

1. skyking

skyking Monkey+

DESERTED ISLAND

DESERTED ISLAND EXAMPLE
    If you were alone on a deserted island, you could work six days and rest on the seventh day of the week, and have no sin against you. Over the years, let's say several hundred people had moved there, and most of them had learned about this Commandment, and accepted it. During the Sabbath Day, let's say a few new-comers came to you to learn more about the Commandments. You meet with a dozen or so students of Torah for a couple of hours, and everyone is edified. Not any harm is done by studying and meeting together, and after a few hours everyone goes back to their hammock and continues to rest for the balance of the day. Now let's say that over the years thousands of people have moved to this island, and by this time a few "leaders" have caused some division among the believers on the "fine points" of how to correctly observe this or some other Commandment. They teach that EVERYONE must gather as believers in one place to hear their sermon. Oops, now we're starting to see the source of the problem. Human understanding and tradition has everything to do with our problem -- even without the wiles of the devil, we get things twisted and try to control each other (Nicolaitans = lording over/conquering the laity/ the people). Condemnation (judging) and character assassination begin, a few people get burned at the stake, and then a war breaks out on our peaceful little island. Proclaiming the seventh day as a day of rest from work is what most of us understand when we read the 4th Commandment.

rest of story :http://www.fossilizedcustoms.com/Sabbath_Worship.html

2. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

What's the basis that the current calender we use today is the same system that God established at the beginning of creation?

3. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

No.

We use a calendar that has been changed about 3 times since Jesus. Its called the Gregorian Calendar. The Jews use a lunar calendar that has some certainty applied since about 300 AD. Before that time, it was kind of whatever the local tribe decided loosely within a Lunar cycle.

4. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

That's why I don't get splitting hairs over Saturday Vs. Sunday as long as you recognize it.

5. skyking

skyking Monkey+

appreciate the back and forth here guys , just presenting some other ways to do things.
    I do have to disagree on the "splitting hair" part though.
    This subject has cost me family and friends as scripture has said it would.It's strange in todays world that something as "seemingly " trivial as this subject would be the cause of such massive division.I know first hand.

6. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

I know what you mean, as Christians we are all brothers in the Lord. Even if two Churches believe different things we should all love each other the same.

What I meant by splitting hairs was just that IMO there is a lot left to interpretation as far as using the modern day calendar. I do believe that you do have to be very careful and respectful and not take things lightly when examining the Bible. Like reading the sermon on the mount, that can be a real eye opener.

skyking likes this.
  7. skyking

skyking Monkey+

The Great Church Audit

I say the "truth"

The Great Church Audit ~ Grounds for High Treason?

Jim Staley What if the citizens of the United States were somehow deceived to believe that the Constitution is no longer relevant in today's society and needed to be abolished? That somehow the tried and true principles, laws and ordinances once put in place for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness now had no place in our high paced, secular- progressive society. The answer is simple. Every man would begin to determine what was right in their own eyes and the people in the highest places would create new laws that would ultimately bring death, bondage and injustice for all.
    In the same way, the enemy knows that in order to destroy God's people, all that he needs to do is to destroy the founding “Constitution” of God…His Law. If he could convince the people that His Law, ordinances and commandments that He intended for Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness were no longer relevant for today, that the people would fall into bondage by creating their own laws. The enemy has crafted and executed his plan perfectly as he has convinced mankind that the Law of God is no longer relevant for today. He has even convinced us that it was God's idea to get rid of it!
    Has the Law of God really been abolished? Has it really been nailed to the cross as we have been told? Have the instructions for life and the definition of sin been truly done away with? Or, was the power of sin and the curse that was placed on us because we broke it what was nailed to the cross so that we could be free from the condemnation?
    We will first dive into a comprehensive study on what the definition of sin is. Then we will journey through all the major covenants of the scriptures finally answering what the New Covenant actually is. Lastly, a considerable amount of time is spent going through virtually every single verse in the NT that has been misunderstood concerning this very topic. By the end of this series, the veil will be lifted, the enemy's plan foiled, and we will finally see clearly “Grounds for High Treason.”
    [SIZE=-2][SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE]The Great Church Audit 1
    Audio Version

The Great Church Audit 2
    Audio Version

The Great Church Audit 3
    Audio Version

The Great Church Audit 4
    Audio Version

The Great Church Audit 5
    Audio Version

The Great Church Audit 6
    Audio Version
    [/SIZE]

8. skyking

skyking Monkey+

2 Long in the Sun, Another Jesus Pt 1

If you love the truth....... TOO LONG IN THE SUN is packed with details which relate to the apostasy of the "Last Days": prophesied by both the Old and New Testaments. Revealed are the astonishing facts about the ancient "Mysteries" and their Satanic influence upon present day thought. OLD TESTAMENT "O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely our fathers have inherited lies, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit." ...Jeremiah 16:19 NEW TESTAMENT "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables." ...2 Timothy 4:3-4 IS THE WHOLE TRUTH BEING PRESENTED? This will intensify your passion for the truth; challenging you to search the scriptures and apply biblical truths in your walk with Christ

‪2 Long in the Sun, Another Jesus Pt 1‬‏ - YouTube

‪2 Long in the Sun, Another Jesus Pt 2‬‏ - YouTube

‪2 Long in the Sun, Another Jesus Pt 3‬‏ - YouTube

‪2 Long in the Sun Another Jesus Pt 4‬‏ - YouTube

‪2 Long in the Sun, Another Jesus Pt 5‬‏ - YouTube

9. skyking

skyking Monkey+

The Questions of Jesus Audio Book

The Questions of Jesus Audio Book Section I - Early Ministry
    An Introduction
    Author's Notes
    Preface
    1.How is it that ye sought me?
    2.What good is it to love those who love you?
    3.Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
    4.How do you make salt, salty again?
    5.Is not life more than food?
    6.Why take ye thought for raiment?
    7.If a son shall ask bread…will a father give him a stone?
    8.Why reason ye in your hearts?
    9.Why do you call attention to splinters in your brother’s eye?
    10.Do men gather grapes from thorns?
    11.Why would Satan cast out Satan?
    12.How can ye, being evil, speak good things?
    13.What were you looking for?
    14.You believe because of what I said? – You will see greater things.
    15.Have you not so much as read?
    16.Why are ye so fearful?
    17.Where is your faith?
    18.How is it that ye have no faith?
    19.Why do you think evil in your hearts?
    20.Whether is easier to say, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or Rise up and walk?
    21.Is it lawful on the Sabbath days to do good?
    22.Can the blind lead the blind?
    23.Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation?
    24.Who has such a friend?
    25.How much then is a man better than a sheep?

Section II - Days of Popularity
    Section III - Days of Opposition
    Section IV - Last Days of Christ
    Section V - After the Resurrection
    Welcome to Think Red Ink Online!

This is a web site of Don Harris ,many might have seen him at one time on GLC{Gods Learning Channel},we go back to student pilot days in Ohio and Don is not for the "timid" believer ,he will not give you warm "fuzzies" he will give you truth...

10. skyking

skyking Monkey+

Harvesting the Truth

Harvesting the Truth This is the first video of a series that peels back the layers of lies and deceit that we have inherited. When given a seed to sow in your heart, instead of covering it with layer upon layer of these lies and "things wherein there is no profit", build upon it layers of Truth...as a pearl.

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

Part 5:
    YouTube - Harvesting the Truth part 5

11. skyking

skyking Monkey+

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7