The Sky is Falling!!!! Again

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by Minuteman, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Another reason to fret,

Original URL: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/01/07/space_katrina/

NASA warns of 'space Katrina' radiation storm

A study funded by NASA has flagged up yet another terrible hazard for those no longer able to get excited about nuclear war, global pandemics, terrorism, climate change, economic meltdown and asteroid strike. Top space brainboxes say that even if the human race survives all those, there is a serious risk of civilisation being brought crashing to its knees by a sudden high-intensity solar radiation storm.

NASA composite image of a solar coronal mass ejection event in 2002

Beware the space equivalent of Hurricane Katrina.

The new study, carried out for NASA by the US National Academy of Sciences, might tickle the palate of even the most jaded disaster connoisseur.

"Whether it is terrestrial catastrophes or extreme space weather incidents, the results can be devastating to modern societies that depend in a myriad of ways on advanced technological systems," says Professor Daniel Baker of Colorado Uni, an expert in atmospheric and space physics who led the report's authors.

In essence, the report, which can be downloaded in pdf here (free registration required) says that sooner or later there will be a solar storm much more powerful than any seen so far in the age of high technology. Such events have occurred in the past, but as the human race then had very basic electrical power grids (or none at all) and made no use of satellites, it didn't matter.

The next space radiation biggy, however, will hit a human civilisation which is becoming more and more dependent on satellites for essential communication and navigation tasks, and whose electrical grids are much more widespread and heavily stressed. The impact of a bad geomagnetic spike would be somewhat as though an unbelievably powerful electromagnetic pulse bomb - of the sort favoured by movie villains but not yet available - had gone off:

While a severe storm is a low-frequency-of-occurrence event, it has the potential for long-duration catastrophic impacts to the power grid and its users. Impacts would be felt on interdependent infrastructures, with, for example, potable water distribution affected within several hours; perishable foods and medications lost in about 12-24 hours; and immediate or eventual loss of heating/air conditioning, sewage disposal, phone service, transportation, fuel resupply, and so on ...

Open access on the transmission system has fostered the transport of large amounts of energy across the power system in order to maximize the economic benefit of delivering the lowest-cost energy to areas of demand. The magnitude of power transfers has grown, and the risk is that the increased level of transfers, coupled with multiple equipment failures, could worsen the impacts of a storm event ...

In summary, present U.S. grid operational procedures ... are unlikely to"To mitigate possible public safety issues, it is vital that we better understand extreme space weather events caused by the sun's activity."
    be adequate for historically large disturbance events.

The impact on satellites would be even more severe, as spacecraft have less shielding from the Earth's atmosphere - and in some cases from the magnetosphere. In particular, the present Global Positioning System (GPS) sat constellation, used by almost every navigation system in the world, is regarded as highly vulnerable to a solar event - though new satellites are to go up shortly equipped with a backup signal which will allow errors to be bowled out.

In general, however, the assembled brainboxes considered that a solar event was a much greater threat to essential space infrastructure than any evil foreign power - for instance - could possibly be. The US military has previously warned of the risk of a "space Pearl Harbour" - a devastating surprise attack against America's space presence, which could leave the world's sole superpower blinded and crippled. According to the National Academy, though, the USA should forget about a space Pearl Harbour and worry instead about "a space Katrina, a storm that we should have been prepared for but were not".

The report mentions technological solutions to most of these possible ills, but says that they mostly aren't in place (apart from the GPS alterations). According to Richard Fisher, head of NASA's Heliophysics division.
    [peep]

2. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Just when I was starting to feel better again too!
    Figures,...
    Next it'll be them space gypsy's, or alien abductions....
    (Strange, But, I have NEVER once heard of any space critters abducting any of the local "aliens"!)
    Bill

3. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

The metal plate in my skull is fixin to go nuts. Great. I hope I don't go postal or something like that.

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[peep]ohno[touchdown]:DDone Done "frettin'"[touchdown]...
    Bahhhh...[touchdown].[sheep][sheep][touchdown]

5. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

6. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

[tinfoil101]Do I really have to put that dame TINFOIL HAT on again !!!!![viking]

7. Minuteman

The Emerging Sunspot Cycle 24 and a Weakening Magnetic Field

Introduction

If you were thinking that the only things we have to be concerned about include wars, famines, and economic crashes, think again.

New scientific discoveries are indicating that this next solar flare cycle could potentially be powerful enough to distrupt our planet's entire electric grid. In this report, I will document the number of changes taking place with our magnetic field, the sun and our solar system while expaining some of the concerns that today's leading scientists have voiced. I will also be examining how humankind may also be affected energically.

What is Electromagnetic Pollution?

TV, cell phone towers, power lines, and house appliances—while they make lives more convenient for some, they also contribute to polluting our electromagnetic atmosphere. A growing number of scientists, health care professionals, and concerned citizens argue that these invisible frequencies are responsible for a host of various health problems. Meanwhile, the largest polluter has gone unnoticed: the sun. And it's about to fire up again.

8. Minuteman

More doom and gloom. Might be a bit more credibility to this one tho.

Editor's Note: Insolvency of PGBC & FDIC, Bankruptcy of State Insurance Funds, Unemployment at 30%, and Civil Unrest within the next 12 months

This just in from Karl Denninger of Ticker Forum. Things are looking pretty bad. We're discussing it over at the LATOC Forum if you're interested. Emphasis mine:
    Just so you have a short list of what’s at stake if Washington DC doesn’t change policy here and now (which means before the collapse in equities comes, which could start as soon as today, if the indicators I watch have any validity at all. For what its worth, those indicators are painting a picture of the Apocalypse that I simply can’t believe, and they’re showing it as an imminent event - like perhaps today imminent.)
    All pension funds, private and public, are done. If you are receiving one, you won’t be. If you think you will in the future, you won’t be. PBGC will fail as well. Pension funds will be forced to start eating their "seed corn" within the next 12 months and once that begins there is no way to recover.

All annuities will be defaulted to the state insurance protection (if any) on them. The state insurance funds will be bankrupted and unable to be replenished.
    Essentially, all annuities are toast. Expect zero, be ecstatic if you do better. All insurance companies with material exposure to these obligations will go bankrupt, without exception. Some of these firms are dangerously close to this happening right here and now; the rest will die within the next 6-12 months. If you have other insured interests with these firms, be prepared to pay a LOT more with a new company that can’t earn anything off investments, and if you have a claim in process at the time it happens, it won’t get paid. The probability of you getting "boned" on any transaction with an insurance company is extremely high - I rate this risk in excess of 90%.

The FDIC will be unable to cover bank failure obligations.
    They will attempt to do more of what they’re doing now (raising insurance rates and doing special assessments) but will fail; the current path has no chance of success. Congress will backstop them (because they must lest shotguns come out) with disastrous results. In short, FDIC backstops will take precedence even over Social Security and Medicare.

Government debt costs will ramp. This warning has already been issued and is being ignored by President Obama. When (not if) it happens debt-based Federal Funding will disappear. This leads to….

Tax receipts are cratering and will continue to. I expect total tax receipts to fall to under $1 trillion within the next 12 months. Combined with the impossibility of continued debt issue (rollover will only remain possible at the short duration Treasury has committed to over the last ten years if they cease new issue) a 66% cut in the Federal Budget will become necessary. This will require a complete repudiation of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, a 50% cut in the military budget and a 50% across-the-board cut in all other federal programs. That will likely get close.

Tax-deferred accounts will be seized to fund rollovers of Treasury debt at essentially zero coupon (interest). If you have a 401k, or what’s left of it, or an IRA, consider it locked up in Treasuries; it’s not yours any more. Count on this happening - it is essentially a certainty.

Any firm with debt outstanding is currently presumed dead as the street presumption is that they have lied in some way. Expect at least 20% of the S&P 500 to fail within 12 months as a consequence of the complete and total lockup of all credit markets which The Fed will be unable to unlock or backstop. This will in turn lead to….

The unemployed will have 5-10 million in direct layoffs added within the next 12 months. Collateral damage (suppliers, customers, etc) will add at least another 5-10 million workers to that, perhaps double that many. U-3 (official unemployment rate) will go beyond 15%, U-6 (broad form) will reach 30%.

Civil unrest will break out before the end of the year. The Military and Guard will be called up to try to stop it. They won’t be able to. Big cities are at risk of becoming a free-fire death zone. If you live in one, figure out how you can get out and live somewhere else if you detect signs that yours is starting to go "feral"; witness New Orleans after Katrina for how fast, and how bad, it can get.

The good news is that this process will clear The Bezzle out of the system.

The bad news is that you won’t have a job, pension, annuity, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and, quite possibly, your life.
    It really is that bleak folks, and it all goes back to Washington DC being unwilling to lock up the crooks, putting the market in the role it has always played - that of truth-finder, no matter how destructive that process is.

Only immediate action from Washington DC, taking the market’s place, can stop this, and as I get ready to hit "send" I see the market rolling over again, now down more than 3% and flashing "crash imminent" warnings. You may be reading this too late for it to matter.
    Souce

9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Anything to do with Space-phenomenon and weather catastrophes have been planned for well over twenty years. And what cannot happen with mother nature, will happen with a little help from black-ops.

The current and future economic situation has been planned for perhaps even longer. If you have not read "Economic Solutions" by Peter Kershaw, then I highly suggest a copy. I must have read this small book back in 1997.

10. Minuteman

I'll look for that book Brokor. I'd like to read it. I agree that the entire economic scenario is planned to achieve the globalists agenda. I believe that control of the world economy has been the brass ring that they have been after for centuries.
    But as you know I come at it from a diametrically opposite direction than you. I see it as fullfillment of prophecy. As foretold, a world economy with a single currency and a world government controled by a 10 member council that will be ruled by a supreme leader dictator. A leader who comes to power in a time of great global crises. Who is hailed as the great peacemaker.
    Only time will tell. If this comes to pass I hope you would take a second look at prophecy.
    It amazes me that people ( in general) will study all sourts of quack "prophets" like Nostradomas or Cayce, Mayan calenders etc., but they totally disregard Biblical prophecy.
    If I posted on the net that I had discovered an ancient text, thousands of years old that had accurately predicted the rise of all of the world empires, events hundreds of years in the future that occured to the very day foretold. Named world leaders by name centuries before they were born. People would be flocking to find a copy of it. But tell them it is the Bible and they lose interest.

11. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

+1

Minuteman, That was basically the reason I started to read the biblical texts a few years ago. I was baptized last spring.

12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

You'll waste no time on vengeance, you've no wish to fight again,
    you found peace, you say, in God we trust,
    but little faith in man.

13. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

+10
    Minuteman ,Most people will look at ya like a fool if ya tell them there is nothing new under the sun.
    But that is what I read and gleaned from the BOOK !!!

14. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Men wrote the Bible, the Council of Nicaea is just as accurate as can be expected. What most cannot comprehend is that the future is not predicted...it is planned for and created. Although I do not share your perceptions and illusions, I can still recognize the importance of prophecy and its inherent dangers. The vagueness of the Biblical texts, having been translated and re-translated from Greek or Hebrew, to Latin, to German, to...can say almost anything we want them to say. The question you must ask yourself is...what do you want them to say?

People are so easy to manipulate.

15. Minuteman

A group of men arranged a meeting with an executive from a famous publishing house in New York. The men told the executive that they wanted to commission a book to be written. The executive said that they could easily do that. But, the men said, "We have certain parameters." They explained that the book had to be written by at least 50 different authors, from all levels of society. From the poorest to the wealthiest. They had to live in different parts of the country, and some had to be from out of the country. They had to write the book over a span of several years and they could have no contact with each other, they could not collaborate. Then all of the writings had to be collected and compiled into a book that would have a definitive beginning, middle, and end. With an unbroken continuity of storyline from start to finish.

The executive was dumbfounded. He told the men that with those parameters it would be impossible to write anything but a compilation of gibberish. Each author would inject their own ego, prejudices, and worldviews into the story. It would be an impossible task. The men said, "So you are telling us that it would not be humanly possible to write such a book?" The executive said that the only possible way to accomplish such a task would be to have one person in charge of it. Directing it. An Editor-in-Chief who would collaborate with each author. Direct them in the way the story should go. Review their material, edit it, and compile it into some kind of comprehensible form. Other than that the executive said, it would indeed be utterly impossible.

As the group of Pastors got up to leave they said to the executive "Thank you for confirming what we have always known."

The only illusion is to imagine that such a book could possibly be merely "written" by men without the guidance of an "Editor-in-Chief".

The undeniable proof of the authenticity of scripture is the fulfillment of the prophecies contained in it. The creator says that he tells us the ending from the beginning as evidence that his word is true and infallible. At the time that scriptures were recorded the Bible as we know it (and BTW the council of Nicea was a travesty, man interfering in and trying to improve upon the Almighty’s work.) was basically 1/3 history, 1/3 the laws, including the poetry of Psalms, and 1/3 prophecy. To date it is estimated that approximately 95 percent of those prophecies have been fulfilled. Fulfilled to the letter, unerringly, precisely. And those prophecies are very specific. Not the gobbledy-gook quantrains of Nostradumass, but specific detailed prophesies. Prophecies foretelling the exact number of years that the Israelites would suffer under the Egyptians, the exact number of years that they would be in captivity in Babylon. Exactly who would lose their mind and how they would act and exactly how long before they returned to their right mind. Exactly by name, the leader who would issue a proclamation allowing the Israelites to return to their homeland, centuries before that leader was ever born, and exactly to the very day that the messiah would enter the gates of Jerusalem.
    All of these very detailed and specific prophecies have been fulfilled exactly as foretold. And many can be verified from outside sources. Babylonian and Egyptian texts. Archeology provides ample evidence of the fulfillment of many of the scriptures predictions.

Unlike the prognostications of Nostradumass and others, these are not after the fact, make history fit the interpretation, fallacies of modern "prophets". The prophets of the Bible had one very strict requirement. Every prophecy they uttered had to come to pass exactly, to the letter, 100% of the time. If not, they were stoned to death. A consequence that would rid us of these so-called psychics today.

Aside from some of the symbology contained in the visions of Daniel and John, the prophecies of the Bible are very specific and the only error occurs when man tries to interpret that which needs no interpretation. The Bible interprets itself. It does not give vague ramblings that can contain any meaning that man would want to ascribe to them.

There are many who discredit Prophecy by injecting their own vision into it. But that does not discredit the Prophecy itself. It only illustrates the fallibility of man.
    A recent example would be David Koresh. He promoted the prophecy of a dictatorial, tyrannical government that would persecute the saints and the chosen people. He saw in scripture a fiery Armageddon. A great battle between good and evil. So was he twisting scripture? No. Everything he foretold is recorded in scripture. The prophecies are valid. His vanity allowed him to see himself and his followers as the subjects of the prophecy. He brought about a self-fulfillment of a valid and coming event prophesied centuries ago. Does this invalidate the prophecy? Not at all. The same goes for those who set dates for events foretold in scripture. The error is theirs, not the prophecies.

As for vagueness and lost in translation meanings. Any serious scholar studies them in their original language. A Strong’s concordance is a required study aid.

I was an avid atheist. I had a very analytical mind. Everything had to be proven, had to have a scientific explanation. I tried to disprove scripture. I argued the vanity of believing in such superstitious nonsense. I quoted Freud that religion was merely adult mans need for a Father figure. But the more I searched for the error in scripture the more I found the truth in it.

I found that an intellectually honest person couldn’t learn the facts, the truth of scripture with an unbiased eye, and not be convinced. That is not what led to my conversion tho. That realization came later and only served to confirm that I was following the right path.

So my atheist friend. You and I are not so far apart. We both arrive at basically the same conclusions. We both see that the events of this world are manipulated and orchestrated to achieve a desired result. There are many people who cannot fathom a conspiracy of such magnitude. They scoff at the idea of humans working behind the scenes to achieve these goals. Diverse groups scattered around the globe, working for centuries to move the world towards the same end. But if you accept the idea that these events are more than the mere machinations of human beings. That they are indeed controlled not by flesh and blood but by "principalities and powers" in the eternal spirit world then the entire conspiracy becomes quite plausible.

When you have a documented 100% success rate, with 95% of the prophecies fulfilled, then the question becomes not "What do you want them to mean?" But rather "What do the remaining 5% mean?"

1. Bandit99
  2. Ganado
  3. RightHand
  4. Witch Doctor 01
  5. fireplaceguy
  6. melbo
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7