The Suspense is Letting Me Down - My Blue Jeans That Is

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 3M-TA3, Jan 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I'm one of those guys who is plagued by falling pants. I usually do physical work in bib overalls and there are some pretty well made shorts by Creekwood that stay up, but when I wear jeans I'm usually on alert for an emergency belt grab. Naturally, any time both hands are in use my pants gain 500 lbs and seek the floor like a MOAB being pushed by a Saturn 5.

I've tried clip on suspenders in the past but the cheap clamps they typically use don't work very well and never when needed. Are there any brands that actually work and any places I can actually find them? Same goes for button style. Seems the only ones I can find locally are for dress wear and not suitable for work.

2. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Real Men suspenders use big buttons sewn on the pants and button holes on the spender ends...

Gator 45/70, GrayGhost, Zimmy and 5 others like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

3M, there is a Suspender place out off 26 around Cornelius Pass that does the hard core leather suspenders for Real Loggers! They are 'spensive, but one pair will last ya forever! They offer both types, clip on, and button! The buttons cost extra and require you to add them to all your pants you need them on, but they are the most hard core tough you can find!

Pro TIp, while out that way, stop down Farmington Road east of 217 at Tandy Leather supply, they have the best supply of belt making stuff and the hard core snaps and buttons for suspenders as well! While your there check out all the other cool stuff they have! I made my self a new H harness LBE with integrated Quick change Bandoleers for different load outs but includes my 6 mag pouches for the 1903 Springer. Neat thing was they had all sorts of ideas and leather scraps to play with, ended up armoring my shoulder straps, made a YUGE difference!

Sorry for the side trip! LOL

5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

If you wear a belt super-suspenders are no problem. Just find a few leather belts in a thrift store that have removable buckles.

That's the kind of belt where you you can unsnap the buckle end. Some belts have snaps, some have rivets.

If you find a riveted belt you really like, drill out the rivet and replace it with a snap.

Tailor your suspenders and sew (or rivet) the pieces of belt together.

You can slide your belt through the buckle loops as you're putting it on, so you'll seldom need to unsnap the loops of your suspenders.

If you like 3-strap suspenders, the ends can be riveted to a triangle of salvaged leather for a neat, comfortable fit.

If you wear an especially wide belt, you can always make your own snap-loop to fit.

Gator 45/70, GrayGhost, Zimmy and 3 others like this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Didn't know Tandy was still around. My Mom bought from them (not sure if that store even if they have been arounf that long) in the 60's when she was a Cub Scout Den Mother. Remember when Radio Shack was a Tandy Corporation?

I'd love to see some pix of LBE you fabbed!

I'll check out that suspender place - I never mind making lifetime purchases. Buy once cry once and forever of forever...

Gator 45/70, GrayGhost, Zimmy and 2 others like this.
  7. duane

duane Monkey+++

Have had good luck with buying suspenders made for holding up tool belts, about 2 in wide, belt just don't work for me when carrying nail pouch, screw gun, hammer, and siding tools. Never found anything that beat old WW2 load bearing system, but that is my bias. Find belt doesn't work for me when on staging and ladders, always falling down or bothering heck out of hernia. Nothing beats buttons, but getting harder and harder to find.

Gator 45/70, GrayGhost and 3M-TA3 like this.
  8. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

9. coloradohermit

coloradohermit Monkey+++ Founding Member

DH has been very happy with Carhart suspenders. The clamps are so strong that I have trouble unclamping them.

10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

If you can wear non stretching styles go with leather. Suspender Store is a good bet for any style.

11. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Maybe consider a jump suit instead of pants. I regularly see workers along the highway with jump suits that seem to work well for them. I am not fond of the orange color but they seem to work.

AT

12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I found horse reins to fit me just fine.
    The center loupes past the belt and belt loupe in back the two ends attach to my double hole belt in front .
    I use a horizontal piece to tie the back together just 6" below the back of my neck ..
    I just learned that my neighbor does the same thing . They have draft horses and use them for giving carriage rides in the winery here . I just happen to go to a tac shop when spotted them for my self.
    I have some that are braided round but they are uncomfortable so I found flat leather straps work best.
    I don't need to wear my belt tight , just snug, and the call of nature is much simpler to deal with .

Dont, Gator 45/70, GrayGhost and 3 others like this.
  13. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

"Are there any brands that actually work and any places I can actually find them?"

Yes. Here is what I use when I am cutting trees on the property. I used them on some old BDU and never have a problem with my pants staying up so I can recommend them. They're Carhartt and cost around $20

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0031U0QBO/?tag=survivalmonke-20

Gator 45/70 and GrayGhost like this.
  14. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

^^^ Big bang for the buck, these Carhartts.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

My old guy (Dad) thanks you @OldDude49 for the link.. He now can keep his pants up and stop scaring the young ladies at Wal Mart..

OldDude49 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

cool!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7