The Truth about the Vietnam War

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OldDude49, Jun 26, 2021.

1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Democrats??? threw it all away all the blood death n such???

hmmm... IIRC they fought AGAINST freeing the slaves?

LBJ (a democrat) created the new plantation with his war on poverty...

and said he would have those (N words) voting dem for the next 100 years???

they are starting to look like the party that is anti-Constitution... anti-Bill of Rights...

anti-capitalist... and anti-we the people...

workin hard to pass their power grab voting rights bill that will make ballot gathering the norm...

mail in the norm... NO ID check allowed norm... you WILL donate campaign to politicians you don't want...

and guess what voting machine you will be using...

not lookin real good for getting me to support this political party...

SEEMS like way too often when they get into power... they sell the U.S. out...

and then there is this great reset thing... you will own nothing and be happy???

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Vietnam was all about selling shave cream and Gillette razors, and dial phones to the communists! We didn't give a rats ass about Vietnam but we sure as hell made a show of fighting there, only we didn't really fight, not to actually win something! Same as Iraq and Assganastan, we want a corner on the oil and opium that's all, spend trillions on waste, and sell it to the people as a good thing! America, freeing the shit out of the world for 200+ years!

john316, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Steverino

Steverino #LEAVETHEGOP

one day the "great reset" will come to be known as the wait to return to target after muzzle rise....

4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Vietnam was the big stall, we never used assets we had that could have changed how the war was fought and how it was lost.
    We had troops on 100 day scout trips that simply did not work, reset and do it all over again.
    Just a big stall till the US pulled the plug.

Knowing the truth puts me at a disadvantage, while others scream and holler and pump up themselves with using all caps or different sized type/fonts I know it was all a waste.

5. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

The truth about Vietnam is we never were there to win, they (our government used us). We picked up the pieces after the French were defeated. South Vietnam never had a stable government that the people supported or a military that could or would actually fight. When it came to our military our hands were tied with rules of engagement out of fear the Chicoms and the Russians would get involved and WW III would begin. Our Air Force could not bomb key targets in North Vietnam, We could not pursue the NVA into Cambodia or Laos. I can remember there were endless cease fires, we could not bomb for several days which just gave the NVA the chance to bring more supplies down the trail. Our bases were infiltrated with our enemies who worked for us by day. What did we who fought get -- lost year of our lives, exposure to a deadly chemicals, on our return spit on and a government who wishes we would disappear.

Bandit99, Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  6. Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf Monkey

From some of the articles I have read, the US also funded up to 75% of the money France used during their time there.

DW

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  7. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

you are correct and all the French wanted was to maintain control of their colony after WW II and the French treated the Vietnamese people like shit.

8. HK_User

And B52 Crews were lost due to stubborn fools who kept the same incoming tract so the Russians could bring down B52s on a regular schedule.

Ura-Ki, johnbb and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. HK_User

A fact is that US Subs were off shore since 1955 in support of the French and did stay on task while the French exited and the Cong invaded. This to be able to evac the US AF maintenance crews that were in country supporting the French flights.

In doubt? AF Crew were the first to be captured but suddenly released by a simple phone call from the US. All in the plan to NOT escalate too fast and to allow a full enemy infrastructure before the US entered the war.

Gotta play the game by the managed war mode of the Swamp.

Said Subs received a AE Award.

Damn Paper Trails caught that plan.

SB21, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

my point was or is who did what... as in what party...

AND...

what that party is trying to do right now...

AND...

who I will NOT be voting for in the future...

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  11. HK_User

Then you are looking for a time line from 1955 to1975!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Bombing them into the stone age usually works.

Dark Wolf and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

And yet, the taliban still exists. The ROEs for us and allies seem to exclude crossing borders. Also think Yalu River.

SB21, Dark Wolf and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

how ya figure? HS-1 etc.. pack the courts... end filibuster???

list goes on... portland... etc...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. HK_User

Because that is how long we were in the Vietnam war.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  16. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

so ya didn't watch the video?

AND again NOT really talkin about Viet Nam... talkin about WHO broke our agreement with the accords...

and what they appear to be doing right now as well as their history... and what it looks like they have become...

so the time line is actually immaterial IMHO...

Gator 45/70 and HK_User like this.
  17. HK_User

I did watch it but a Pop art slide show tells little or can compare very little to what is fact.
    Time line means all, none of Vietnam happened in a vacuum and Camp Smith was were it started in 1955.

"A year later, the Territory of Hawaiʻi began plans to claim the old hospital for a tuberculosis sanitarium. However, in 1955 the Marine Corps purchased it for the future home of the Fleet Marine Forces Pacific.

On June 8, 1955, it was renamed Camp HM Smith (named for General Holland McTyeire (HM – nicknamed “Howlin’ Mad”) Smith, the first commanding general of Fleet Marine Force Pacific, it became a strategic command base for the largest field command in the Marine Corps, now known as US Marine Corps Forces, Pacific (MarForPac,) with an area of responsibility covering more than half the Earth’s surface.

After purchasing the land, the first Marines arrived in October 1955. The camp did not become fully operational until two weeks before its dedication, January 31, 1956."

So yes that is all I can say about it but mine is first hand information from 1968 to 1970.

As to what happened and by who on that parcel of land called a MC Base!
    It was all over by 1969, every thing else was just Show Boating, yes all of it.
    Commander, Naval Forces Vietnam - Wikipedia

"The term comes from a type of riverboat that traveled throughout the southern United States in the nineteenth century. Showboats were gaudy floating theaters, heavily adorned and over-embellished, with the purpose of bringing entertainment in the form of plays or music to people that lived along the waterfront"

Just noise for the masses.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  18. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

and again you are stuck on only a small portion of the subject... the only reason I brought up that war was to point out WHO preceded to give away all the effort put in...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  19. HK_User

FWIW, Camp Smith was the center of all actions of the Vietnam war you listed in your header of the post. Seems that CINCPACFLT was a political arm in that era as well as in control of Mil actions over half the world and was in military control of the Vietnam War.

But you seem to differ in what you think happened and are willing to let a Power Point display by a person who was not even there influence your decision.

BTW IKE was the President at the start of our involvement. So you might want to check his background and affiliations.
    Dwight D. Eisenhower - Wikipedia

Both Parties were culprits.

Have a nice day.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  20. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

true both parties were involved but a Dem controlled congress voted to abrogate the agreement and withhold...

not saying it would have changed the outcome...

but a lot of people paid for it... politicians of any party are not my favorite people...

I have a pretty good understanding of how things went... that we were involved that far back is something I was aware of...

just pointing out a series of events over a period of time involving a certain political party... not hung up on just the war...

sorta made my peace with it with after a little over 5 years at a Vet Center... still don't have to like what went down or how...

was recently diagnosed as having PTSD.. ya right had it since 1968...

if the power point display is incorrect and it did NOT happen in congress as was portrayed please show where there is a difference...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7