The tyranny of the minor groups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Mar 23, 2017.

?

How many genders are there?

Poll closed May 23, 2017.
  1. One – there is no reason why boys and girls should be treated differently socially or otherwise.

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. Two – God made boys and girls different for a reason, and require different societal treatments.

25 vote(s)
    89.3%
  3. Three or more - Everyone gets its own classification and treatment.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

This whole gender confusion thing just amuses the hell out of me. As long as the .gov keeps out of it, I got no problem with it unless you mind being laughed at. Spend my tax dollars on it, pass a law that says I can't laugh about it or even one that says I have to hire, associate, or adopt one of em, then I start to have problems with it. This "equality" thing is probably the most misunderstood part of our creed as Americans. It does not, nor was it intended to imply that we all turn out equal, just that we should have equal opportunity to make the best we can of our lives. If the best you can do is have your penis inverted and grow tits, more power to you, though I probably won't hire you. Same can be said about garish tattoos and piercings, wearing your pants down below your waist, or openly display sexual behavior of any type in public, you see, this equality thing is a two edged sword. You can choose to make any choice you wish, that's freedom and equality and I can choose to not hire you, feed you, or not make fun of you. That's my choice.

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

As long as dot gov doesn't get involved. As you noted, it has, and it is aggravating.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Compared to most of the rest of the world, americans are rather repressed with regard to nakedness and interaction with the opposite sex or any other thing that makes them hot for sex with that whatever. To each his or her own. Thru much of Europe unisex oval kiosks spaced every few blocks are there for folks to relieve themselves whether it be #1 or #2 whether you are M or F. There is usually 2 to 4 discharge locations within the kiosk and there is no privacy. It is what it is and it is a fact whether anyone likes it or believes it is so. I have been there done that. Please note, my opinion is, there are native folks in these countries who would not use one of these kiosks, even if the ONLY other possibility was doing it in their clothes. jus saying.

4. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I feel ya and mostly agree...but I also don't let the brain dead branches of "humanity" dictate my own values. I treat everyone the same...right up until they give me a reason not to treat em at all. Nobody in their right mind wants to miss out on a Chimo treat...they make Scooby snacks look like mere Milk Bones.

;)

Ganado likes this.
  5. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

For your sake, you'd better hope I didn't have tacos for lunch.

Ganado, chelloveck, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  6. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

lol here you go ghrit ...

7. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

if they aren't women, does that mean it's ok to "Gibbs slap" them?

8. swamprat

swamprat Monkey+++

Gender is one thing, sexuality is another. There are two genders, and should be treated as such. People being people want to be treated as special even if they aren't. Talking generally here not about any particular person or group

chelloveck likes this.
  9. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I really hate how our language is being twisted to make folks feel comfortable in their own skin and feel "safe". God intended on two genders, with their own special traits and abilities. All of these new terms like LGBTQ#$%$^ are just a form of some mental disorder IMO. ;) These folks are either a man or a woman, period. Where they differentiate from you and I, is how they are mentally wired. And because of their mental defect, they demand that we accept their perverted lifestyle and choices of anatomy they want to alter. They want us to give them special consideration in society, and open doors that they can not earn on their own merit.

Gender equality is just another tool the left uses to keep us as a nation divided. Just the same as using the color of ones skin, economic status and the host of other differences we all enjoy as individuals. There is no equality amongst one gender, let alone amongst man and woman. A fat, short unattractive guy will be treated different in society, than a good looking, fit, tall guy....economically, sexually and any other competitive matrix you want to use. The same goes for an attractive female over other females with less than desirable traits. It is just how we tick as a people, and the exact same thing is represented across most all animal species. The stronger, more attractive one is, the more successful in life one will be based on that genetic make-up alone.

I will accept any person as a fellow human being and treat them with the same or better respect, than what they show towards me.
    If you want to be gay and chop of your parts....cool, have fun. But the moment you tell me I have to accept that and give you opportunities, or special privileges due to your "condition"....I will push back. You keep your issues to yourself, and I will do the same.

oldawg, Ura-Ki, Ganado and 4 others like this.
  10. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Nailed it.

BTW, I am that short, fat, unattractive guy and it's an advantage because I had to learn to work harder and be tougher to get where I needed to go. At the end of the day it made me a better person, not perfect, but better than I would have been otherwise.

Ura-Ki and Yard Dart like this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Cisgender identity is, arguably, also just a form of mental disorder, just that they comprise a majority of folks, and kinda run the mental asylum known as humanity; they just believe themselves "normal", and everyone else who are non conforming to the heterosexual "lifestyle", are considered "abnormal".:p

Once upon a time, "Christian" was a new term...and Christians were considered abnormal, at least by the majority of pagan polytheist Roman citizens (OMGs believing in only one god?...pure madness)...that changed post Constantine....looking at some Christian sects today, they are very much like LGBTQI communities....acceptance by the mainstream of any society is not necessarily a given.;)

12. ghrit

tacmotusn likes this.
  13. chelloveck

The poll is skewed anyway, given the insertion of god as the purported agent of gender / sex determination. It's a hypothesis without much evidential basis to it (other than that circularity known as 'The Bible'). Notwithstanding that criticism, American jurisprudence on the issue is a little behind the times...that issue has been examined and ruled upon already by the Australian High Court....a few years ago.

[​IMG]

High Court rules NSW laws allow gender-neutral recognition
    Sex not just male or female: High Court

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  14. chelloveck

Gender identity is important....are humans bound to conform to the gender tyranny of the majority??

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  15. chelloveck

Why are genetic markers so desperately important in establishing gender identity??? It's not as if chromosome status appears on birth certificates, nor is it relied upon by cisgender or transgender folk on a daily basis in every day interactions.

Agreed. (y)

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  16. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

And that hard work and effort towards getting where you needed to go, was much more rewarding than someone giving you a pass.... because of your gender identity!! I completely agree with your thought.... I would much rather earn my way than have it given to me.

17. chelloveck

I dare say that there are also non cisgender conforming folk who are short, fat and ugly, who also achieve their goals by hard work and effort...I also dare say that they value their successes in the same way that 3M does, in the face of whatever body image, and gender identity issues that they may have.

It doesn't follow that because some transgender men and women may perhaps enjoy some relative benefit from having proponents advocating upon the behalf, that all actually benefit, or indeed accept that advocacy. It has to be remembered that cisgender conforming folk get more free passes in the work place and outside of it, than non conforming transgender folk do...just that many cisgender folk are largely oblivious to their own relatively advantaged position in society.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  18. ghrit

So the non cisgendered are entitled to special bennies? Beshonka.

19. chelloveck

Does being treated no differently as the cisgendered constitute a special bennie?

20. ghrit

Whinging, as so many do, because they "feel" under appreciated or mistreated tells me they want special handling. Which is the thrust of the thread.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7