The U.S. Dollar is Dying

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by melbo, Jan 16, 2008.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/1/15/the-u-s-dollar-is-dying.aspx

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/54MUm2P1jOU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HdrNbhdl7uU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

If you still believe that the dollar is strong and the United States is set up to be a world superpower forever, these videos are a must-see.

In them, analyst Max Keiser investigates the ill health and possible demise of the dollar. Since 2003, the dollar has lost more than one-third of its value compared to other major world currencies. Now, the U.S. dollar is in critical condition and is losing ground fast.

How did things go so horribly wrong, so quickly? It involves an excess supply of dollars, consumer over-spending, increasing trade deficits and national debt, offshoring and a country (the United States) with FALLING standards of living for its people -- and it’s all explained in the videos above.

2. Boromonkey

Boromonkey Concerned primate

Hmmmmmm? You know, I think those videos are mostly spot-on.....but when I got to the end and saw AL JAZEERA! Come on. They are one of the biggest anti-American propaganda machines in the world. I had to go grab the salt shaker and take a few grains. I mean, no wonder they went on about how stoked the mid-east is...

Like I said, they may be accurate, but the source detracts from their credibility, me thinks.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

You are correct in the source.
    But, I tend to scan news sources outside the US to find the real news.
    Back in the days of the USSR, the Soviet citizen would have laughed if you told them they were not free.

The rest of the world is chuckling at imperial America gasping for breath. MSM tells us things are rosy and upswings are right around the corner. "We are not using the term Recession yet," Come on. History says we were ina recession in 2001. All the numbers show us in one right now worse than we've seen in 80 yrs.

Not a peep.

Al jazeera may have been in bad taste. Sorry.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

At least the source is cited. To my mind, that is all it takes to keep things in perspective. Until I got tired of paying for it, I read regularly two asian on line news operations to keep abreast of other points of view. We are still well respected, but to a point it is similar to a brother in law (going bad) these days rather than as a benevolent father figure. In the "good old" days, we were envied, and wound up with enemies that were simply jealous of our standard of living. The wealth was immaterial, it was just plain envy. They all knew, even if the really didn't want to admit it, that they admired our work ethic, and (sorta tongue in cheek) actually laughed at our dedication to improvement. In large measure, that picked up the more ambitious, and they have finally caught up enough to do a rather convincing take over. Now, they are laughing as they watch the arrogant Yankee sink into his own cesspool.

1. VisuTrac
  2. chelloveck
  3. enloopious
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Motomom34
  6. The_Prepared
  7. oil pan 4
  8. Motomom34
  9. oil pan 4
  10. UncleMorgan
  11. Ganado
  12. T. Riley