The Uninvited

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by ChrisNuttall, Feb 24, 2011.

1. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

Thank you. <grin>

I've been trying to approach Baen. No luck so far.

Chris

2. scrachline

scrachline Monkey+

this really was one of the great sc fi and different type of story I have read - thank you.

3. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

You're welcome - thank you.

Chris

4. beast

beast backwoodsman

very good work
    theres a few little errors, nothing a good edit wouldnt fix
    but a damned good story
    thnx for the read

5. fanderal

fanderal Monkey+

This is a really good story, I like how it ties up all the Alien conspiracy theories, with lots of good action too.

Thanks
    Fanderal

6. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

Thanks. Any other comments?

Chris

7. artjs

artjs Monkey+++

Loved the whole story. It was very interesting

8. bagpiper

bagpiper Heretic

Chris,

There was a novel by Whitley Strieber some time ago, I think if I remember it was called 'Majestic', about this same subject and material. This should take that title over as it was far better than his.
    Everything you do is as imaginative or more than some of the best scifi writers of the past, and you deserve credit, and publishing.
    Previous poster was correct that you are 95% 'there', all you need is a proofread, as some of the errors are repeated and some grammar glitches do detract from the flow. When I write, I always, always, wait a day or so, and then go back and read/edit it. The pay off for you would be tremendous, sometimes, writing, is just work...
    Like Edison said, inventions are "1 percent inspiration and 99% perspiration" Its either worth the extra effort, or its just a 'hobby'. I think you should take some of the stuff you've written, take time off from 'creation', and promote yourself to 'boss', read them again for 'proof' and submit to kindle, you WILL get noticed. If you're not a good speller, inherently, then become one.

Chris, you have the gift, now learn how to play the game.

Otherwise, I was spellbound, all the way through to the somewhat disturbing ending...;-)

9. ChrisNuttall

ChrisNuttall Monkey+++

I've been trying. I may start submitting some works to Kindle.

Thanks for the compliment!

Chris

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7