The 'Weapons Effect"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I saw this article about the increase in road-rage shootings and was amused at their use of the terminology "Weapons effect" being a contributor to these incidents. Weapons effect, my ass; idiot effect. People are hostile, alienated, segregated, berated and even democrats are buying guns but most of them have little enough sense to understand that a lethal confrontation is best reserved for a life threatening confrontation and not someone taking your parking place.
    Guns, stress and politics: US road rage shootings on the rise

jim2, STANGF150, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  2. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Just went and checked the Weapons locker, the various concealed hidey holes and as Expected not a single gun had left its designated place and went out on a shooting spree. This leads me to believe that it is a people problem and not a weapons problem.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    jim2, STANGF150, TinyDreams and 10 others like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I once had 2 weapons, A hand gun and an AR-15, One of those deadly evil Black rifles that can shoot 3K rounds per minute.

I sold them because you never know when the will sneak up on you sleeping, I hate waking up dead?

STANGF150, SB21, Tempstar and 6 others like this.
  4. johnbb

johnbb Monkey+++

Funny I have an assortment of different firearms and they all get along---- none have gone on a shooting spree-- unlike some people

SB21, Bandit99 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

The left believes that firearms are possessed of some kind of an evil spirit that makes you want to go out and shoot people.

Funny when I used to own them I never did experience such a drive.

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

People are easier to manipulate with fear. and it seems the life both abuse it and those sensitive to fear.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

When road rage turns into a demolition derby it doesn't make the news.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. oldman1111

oldman1111 Monkey

I keep my evil guns chained up at night,dont want them to catch me while i sleep. Just yesterday i fould one hiding from me. The gun must have been trying to get into the ammo safe.
    [flag]

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. i just checked my guns and they were all loaded. wonder how that happened.

oldawg and Gator 45/70 like this.
  10. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

My guns do nothing, but get dusty.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7