The worst crash in our lifetime is coming!!

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Yard Dart, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

enloopious, Ganado, Legion489 and 4 others like this.
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

That title brings up one link...to this page.
    WTF, dude :)

Brokor likes this.
  3. Brokor

Dont, Tully Mars, Ganado and 3 others like this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Ita no secret that the US Air Force has been building up forces in the Pacific for years.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Yet another validation of me being out of the market with the exception of a medium position in a telcom company that will be in play soon.

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Odd that the cover of the book and the inner leaves show no indication of this "title..."
    ...sort of like saying Chilton's REAL title is "Poor Excuse for Car Repair."

Cruisin Sloth, Gator 45/70 and Brokor like this.
  7. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Well, maybe there's a parallel between 1811 and 2017, but I have no interest in reading it to find out if there is a fair comparison between the two time periods. That touting of a book 216 years old is a simply useless diversion. But thanx, @Brokor for digging it up and proving what I've been saying.

Brokor likes this.
  8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Broker The 'direct link' brings up a book with the title "Washington in the Lap of Rome.' Is that it? Trying to look at it and pull it down now but connection or server is dirt slow. Hmmm... I will try again later or tomorrow morning...

Brokor likes this.
  9. Brokor

The book I linked, "Washington in the Lap of Rome" is mostly an historical account of early Jesuit infiltration to America, and what the author refers to as 'Romanism'. His primary argument is that the Catholic Church is not legitimately Christian rooted and their auspices within American politics provided for the expansion of 'Romanism', in particular with schooling, further eroding the traditional authority of the republic. In truth, there really was a power struggle, and we've mentioned this before with the subject on separation of church and state. What does this have to do with globalism and what we see happening today? The real devil is in the details behind the Catholic Church --it's entirely privately operated, answerable to nobody, no nation, ever. The heads of the Catholic organization are shady at best, let's say. It's all rooted in Jesuit deceit and Zionism at the core. For example, banking interests across the globe can very easily launder funds through the Vatican, enormous swaths of land can be purchased in just about any country under the guise of religious tax free status, and this also leads us to private assassins to mafia organizations and clandestine alphabet agencies who spy and sabotage. This is all really simple to lay out if you consider Rome to be one leg of the tripod for global conquest (the other two being the intelligence leg *Britain*, and the military leg *USA*).

To some, this is all a great, big CrAzY conspiracy. At the very least, this book does have some interesting facts you won't find in your government mandated Roman school books.

Tully Mars, Ganado, Legion489 and 3 others like this.
  10. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

There are "facts" as perceived over 200 years ago, that I can buy into. Gotta think that some "facts" were, and may still be opinion, no matter how well supported by more recent research. Interesting? Could be, and not an argument I'd care to get into, since all I could do is cite other opinions. Seems to me that all you need to do is have faith in the authors of your fave logic stream.

Brokor likes this.
  11. Brokor

Oh, almost certainly. Just from the first few chapters, one can surmise the author to be an ardent Christian who is opposed to Catholic influence and is even fearful. One ought to ask, however, what exactly makes him feel this way, with it being the 1800's. They didn't have telecommunications, and information took a long time to get around back then.

Ganado and Merkun like this.
  12. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

As I said, I'm ill equipped to argue the theories. Almost any well equipped logician can make an argument that water is not wet. Now, how believable that is becomes interesting to those in favor of using feelings instead of easily observed science. That does not prevent posting of random, inaccurate and not readily proven "facts" by various and sundry pot stirrers.

And so, back in my shell for now.

13. Brokor

I take offense to that. Generally, I like to blow the pot away into a million tiny bits, not stir it. [reddevil]

And, if we are to assume CNN, Fox, and MSNBC are to be the quintessential truth bearers of this fantastic disillusioned paradise we call reality...I will take "inaccurate" as a compliment. ;)

Ganado, Legion489 and Motomom34 like this.
  14. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Hound or ice cream??? [dancindevil]

Ganado, chelloveck, Brokor and 2 others like this.
  15. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Gold and silver had it's panic run a few years back and I got out of precious metals for a more pragmatic metal: quality shotguns and rifles. Classic shotguns and rifles have steadily increased in value where most of the plastic guns have just survived in value based on a flooded market.Quality shotguns have increased more predictably than most firearms except for NFA items. NFA weapons have such an inflated value because of their removal from being manufactured or imported for civilian (read We The People) into the NFA Registry, but I believe that black-market weapons being so easily obtainable have created a legally "niche" market that belongs pretty much exclusively to the wealthy and gang-bangers can still buy them from the same Cartels that bring us all that quality cocaine that the War of Drugs has so eroded our liberties but otherwise, accomplished nothing to slow it down or stop it.
    A Browning Auto-Five that sold new in 1928 for $56.00 is sure to bring ten times that amount now in reasonable condition. A Purdy double-barrel that sold for close to $1000.00 in 1900 might bring well over a hundred times that amount today. Colt and Smith Revolvers have stayed ahead of inflation and are not likely to cease to do so. That is pretty much my investment strategy. I lost so much in my 401K during the Bush administration that the market just seems too volatile to ever trust again.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Nothing. I had thought the crash of 2007-8 was going to be"the one" but it really had no impact on my life. I am actually not sure who it impacted. Since then and more recently I have gotten tired of being on high alert waiting for the big one. I have been smart and conservative. I have prepped and planned. A few times I have stepped things up, election concerns were an issue but basically have lived life being prepared. If my retirement disappears that will really anger me but millions will be in the same boat. My job is pretty secure, my car paid off so I think I will be ahead of most if a crash ever happens.

17. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

In 2008, we had about 50% of the homes in my AO go into foreclosure. It took years for them to sell and the neighborhood to recover.

Right now, a house on the market around here is snapped up within a week. The market is super hot here...but tomorrow, it could fall through the floor. Makes it hard to decide to sell and relocate...or to continue with the status quo.

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

And all those people are probably buying high. If the market goes into decline their house will be less in value. I just saw a used 3 bedroom mobile home for 90 thousand plus $700 lot fees, that is a good deal today but in 12 months, I think reality will set in.

Legion489, Ura-Ki and Yard Dart like this.
  19. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

3 bedroom homes without wheels can be had in my town for 50-60K

Rancher

20. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Here, too, with an acre or so owned outright.

1. VisuTrac
  2. enloopious
  3. oil pan 4
  4. DKR
  5. Motomom34
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Bishop
  8. DKR
  9. DKR
  10. DKR
  11. Bishop
    Here is a song can you relate to it. [MEDIA]