The worst crash in our lifetime is coming!!

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Yard Dart, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

In some parts of Kommiefornia, people will pay up to $1,000,000 (yes, ONE MILLION DOLLARS!) for the motor home LOT, with out a trailer on it! A loft in NYC can cost a million to buy. Personally I do not see this being a good idea to buy, either/or.

Motomom34 likes this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

American pension plans have gone broke. City plans have paid their former employees off with pennies on the dollar. I think that was a California city. Then a few companies have paid their employees half of what they were promised but this has been going on for years. Not 10 but 20, 30, 40 + years. Nothing new IMO

Ganado, Legion489 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

@ Broker , :)

Ganado likes this.
  4. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

A fool and money are soon parted.

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

6. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

If you know this you can break free! You can have fun with it! Is life that sweet and precious to be bought at the chains of slavery? Oh so you die? Who cares. Everyone dies but not everyone has fun throwing a monkey wrench into the machine. If you know there is a man behind the curtain then mess with him. Go behind the curtain and do something amazing.

I don't care what your situation is, there are people trying to put chains on you, always! Don't let them! Refuse/Resist! Yeah I went to jail doing it and I'll do it again if I have to. Death to tyrants!

You ever watch the walking dead? Have you ever noticed how everyone they let go comes back to haunt them? Its in every movie. If you don't end it when you have the chance someone else will. The reason that this time is different than any time in history is because the ones running the show have finally figured out their problem. They want to enslave us all but never in history could they do it. If we look back we will see why. It is because the people held the ace in the hole. If you got the masses riled up they would cut off their rulers head. Today that is not possible. If everyone in the country got mad at the govt or whom ever they felt was responsible what could they do? Nothing. Where would you go to do it? The true leaders are secret. The ones that own all the money are unknown to most of us.

The first thing you have to do before anything else is figure out who your enemy is. Know your enemy right? Does that sound hard? If you can do that you will have more than half of the war won. How easy is that small step? It may sound easy but its not. These people have been growing in secret right under our noses for hundreds of years.

You know... reading this thread and then stumpling across this article presents some very interesting possibilities.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I think this time you miss the point. You think you win every time you say "NO". You don't need to give some cop a hard time, he's a part of the Matrix, he's innately and intrinsically attached. Nothing you do will alter this. That's because it's not about doing, it's about the process of the mind, your mind. Why would you attempt to alter the reality of that which is wholly void in the first place? If resistance is your method, you will only martyr yourself for those within the Matrix. You have to think outside the box, step beyond the darkness and leave it behind. Did you get that message?

;)

enloopious likes this.
  8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Nah I'm kinda slow that way.
    :p

Brokor likes this.
  9. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

The first thing to do when breaking the chains? Is to pretend to be debt compliant. Think about that for a while. Step outside your own life and leave that one for the grid, the world, Hell its easy keep a credit card maxed out and use it like that. But do most of your business in cash under the table. Let them think you are sick, disabled, weak and poor. DO NOT buy into the retirement plan, the million dollar home etc. etc.

Tully Mars likes this.
  10. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

here is 500- 700 with an acre

Motomom34 likes this.
  11. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Not sure I want to put my money into stuff that would be worthless after a crash. To me everything you mentioned is subject to the whims of the fed. PMs, tangible goods with long established value or need that will only increase in value during a crash or depression is what we have done.
    My [2c]

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The problem is the 401k racquet they match contributions.
    Its free money, some risk involved.
    It is advisable to have 20% of your retirement in PM, for most people that means gold or silver fiat stocks.
    My recommendation is contribute only for what your job matches funds for then save the rest on your own, once all your junk is paid off have about half in savings and 401k type accounts then save the rest as assets of negotiable value and cash. Save little if anything and don't buy any PM until all your junk is paid off. There is no point in earning up to 5% to 10% per year holding PM or some other asset when the banks make 7% to 25% interest of renting money to you. Think about it, if your house or ride aren't paid off or you rent, all your savings will likely be gone with in 3 years and you will have nothing if you are paying on stuff.
    During the great depression crash the banks didn't go away they got eaten by larger banks, if you lost your job didn't pay on your stuff because all the money you had in stocks implodes the bank didn't care, they took it back, house, farm, land, car, tractor, business didn't matter.
    If you are really that paranoid cash out and take the 20% or more penalty.
    I have width drawn from my retirement before, so I know exactly how to do it, and how long it takes (about 7 business days from start till the money is in my account) so if things are going south I don't have to sit back it watch it go down, down, down, then poof and be gone.

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

The PMs we have are not stocks, they are dust, coins and bars. No bank rents me anything, nor do I have to pay any type of penalty. I've chosen to manage our assets by keeping them within reach. If we purchase something we pay cash. Whether it's fuel, groceries or a new truck it's all the same.

Dont, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

That's why I said most people turn to gold and silver stocks. I think it's stupid.
    Gold and silver are supposed to be save havens if the market implodes. If you don't have them on hand your screwed.
    Good luck getting those stocks when a big crash happens.
    My take is most people are too afraid to own PM or can't afford it.
    But they can afford a new car every few years and a $300,000+ house that will never be paid off.
    Priorities I guess.

As far as the 401k goes I'm taking the free money for now. That's going to be my only asset not with in reach.

15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I heard this discussion elsewhere today. Economy crashing seems to be a worry for many. I am really beginning to wonder. I am seeing more and more foreclosures.

16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Foreclosure is personal SHTF.
    The most likely SHTF scenario any of us will ever see.
    I rendered foreclosure/eviction obsolete in 2009 when my wifes dad inherited a small dirty house in small dirty clovis NM. Then it was on a "Dad loan" to his little girl until 2013 which means dad never really expected to be paid in full for the house.
    To me now having a mortgage or paying rent to some asshat is inconceivable.
    A normal person would have saved a little money for a year or 2, sold this piece of shat and moved into something they really couldn't afford and got new vehicles.
    In 2007 I was paying $11,000 a year in mortgage interest, $1,500 towards the flood insurance scam and $2,000 in taxes when I was working in langley. Now you know who that money goes to? This guy, well minus about $330 in taxes per year, I can find that in the change jar and in the couch cushions.
    Vomit me an ocean, how the hell to people do it?
    I think about it now and its literally nauseating.
    Don't wait till you're 50 or 60 to pay off your house, get something way under your budget, pay if off, it aunt Ethel lives in her paid off house and croaks on the can pushing a duce offer to take the house. It will probably be in style for the 1960s or 70s, smell funny and be ugly but it will be cheap as hell. Not paying rent or mortgage is the closet thing to being rich most of us will ever get.
    One of the best preps you can do is pay off your shit and live well with in your means.
    With out that then you really aren't prepared for anything.
    Best of all I sleep good at night.

nathan likes this.
  17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Yup !!
    We save & pay cash for all stuff , CC's are used but not for toys , food cash back .THEY record ALL buys & have records ,

""""I see your buying BOOZE on stardate """" you brought this on yourself , NOT COVERED !!
    """"I see your buying BOOZE on stardate """" ON CC's = Recorded !
    I need to spell it out here !!

Sloth !!

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Tully Mars likes this.
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I buy plenty of booze. But it goes into my tatical booze reserve freezer. It's an old freezer that isn't plugged in, it works but I just use for storage.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Living debt free, has been our goal, since we got married... We bought a 1921 GrandMa House for $150 down and $125 a month until the first Thousand of the $10KUS, @ 6%, then it went to $100 a month... it took us 10 years to finish paying it off, and we celibrated when it was ours.... It made a great down payment on our Big House that we needed for the expanding family... Then when both my parents were gone within 6 months of each other, and the Demoncrats had taken hold of our State, we sold out, at a considerable profit, and moved up here to the Alaskan Bush... Debt Free... and a nice nest egg, in the sock... That was in '91, and never owed a Dime, since...

Cruisin Sloth and Tully Mars like this.
  20. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Interesting. We bought a modest home upon my retirement from the military. Paid off the 30 year mortgage in 14 years.
    We still pay city taxes and all that goes with it (water bill, gas bill, etc)

But

All that we own, we own. I raise a garden each summer, but I know I'll never be completely self-sufficient.
    I still work - 3 days a week, but still earn more than most folks that work 5 or 6 days a week.

As far as a "crash" - I don't worry about that - or nuke war for that matter. There are some things you no control over. I've come to terms with that, not everyone does. I live as well as I can afford, try to be kind to others and mind my own business for the most part. My grandparents survived the Great Depression, and I've lived thru many recessions, downturns, etc.

Unlike a lot of people, I'm more than willing to sell and move if I see that as something that will help me. I've tried to raise my kiddos in the same way.

DarkLight and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  1. VisuTrac
  2. enloopious
  3. oil pan 4
  4. DKR
  5. Motomom34
  6. Yard Dart
  7. Bishop
  8. DKR
  9. DKR
  10. DKR
  11. Bishop