Thieves steal money from every bank account in cyprus!

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by VisuTrac, Mar 16, 2013.

1. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

According to the current news, Cypriats said .. KMA to the ECB.
    Prior to the announcement BitCoin hit 62 but has settled back to 60.
    Gold spiked at the same time to 1617 and is now trading around 1612.

I think the ECB shot themselves in the head, not the foot, I'm going to guess that when the banks do reopen later this week in Cyprus, there is still going to be a run. As the old sayin says: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

The cypriats have been duly warned. "We Want To Steal Your Money"

I think the Italians and the Spaniards should pay attention. The smart ones will probably take their money out too.

Silversnake likes this.
  2. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Cyprus' Banks Might Never Reopen, Warns Germany

embed2.

(Newser) – On the heels of yesterday's crushing rejection of its controversial bank deposit tax, the what-the-heck-is-Cyprus-going-to-do watch continues. The BBC reports that President Nicos Anastasiades is in crisis talks with party leaders and examining "alternative plans." The country's banks remained closed through tomorrow, and officials now say the closure could be extended until Tuesday. But Germany's finance minister last night issued a much more dire warning: Cypriot banks may never reopen. Wolfgang Schäuble's key statement, per the BBC:
    • "The ECB (European Central Bank) has made it clear that without a reform program for Cyprus the aid can't continue. Two big Cypriot banks are insolvent if there are no emergency funds from the European Central Bank. Someone has to explain this to the Cypriots and I think there's a danger that they won't be able to open the banks again at all."
    One of its plan B options may involve Russia, which received a Cypriot delegation in Moscow. The Wall Street Journal reports that the group intended to discuss a "long-shot plan" in which Russia would hand over billions and get a share in the country's banks and offshore energy fields in return. But as of today, "There were no offers, nothing concrete," says Cyprus' finance minister, "we're happy with a good beginning." The other plan Bs the BBC floats: bank mergers or a bond issue. In the meantime, the country is considering "contingency measures" that could be put in place should the banks reopen, such as daily withdrawal maximums and slowing the pace with which transactions clear.

Cyprus' Banks Might Never Reopen, Warns Germany - Cypriot officials acknowledge tomorrow's planned opening may not occur

HK_User likes this.
  3. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

Here in the US this will come in the next couple of years. But it will be converting 401K to govt pension or forcing 401K to hold 50% in govt bonds.

If I could withdraw from my 401K I would drain every penny and convert to tangibles.

tulianr and HK_User like this.
  4. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Did that, feels good. Tax Penalty was a hit but bird in the hand is worth nothing if over taxed.

gunbunny and tulianr like this.
  5. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

[ditto]

I keep telling my friends to do the same, but they never listen... Housing market is starting to boom again, dow at 14,000+, etc et al...

6. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Lot's of lessons to be learned here. I just got back from Cyprus. Spent 5 days in the TRNC. Flew out through Larnaca in the south. There were several Brit tourists at the airport trying all of the ATM machines. One couple I talked to had been in Paphos for a week and couldn't access any of their money. Stores doing cash only business. Lot's of people short of food and necessities. A good example for preppers. You never know when those preps in the basement will be needed. SHTF in many ways.
    On the other hand I talked to some folks in the north and their housing market is on an upswing due to people in the south taking their money and moving north. I talked to a realtor and he said they are gearing up for a mass migration of expats to start coming in from the south.

tulianr, Silversnake and VisuTrac like this.
  7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

8. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

Maybe not a couple of years. Maybe a couple of months, or weeks.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7