Think like a Green Beret vs. Doomsday Prepper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Here is the Green Beret model from the article:
    • Planning and Direction of Operations
    • Communications Support
    • Intelligence Support
    • Logistical Support
    • Briefing and Staging
    • Infiltration
    • Liason and Coordination
    • Training
    • Administration
    All that would have to be done as soon as the crisis hit. That is a lot to undertake and hope it works out, otherwise one has wasted time when they could have been focusing solely on their family. PS- when the author gave the ballpark figure of 400, I believe that number was probably including children.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have a local market down the road... the old man that owns it opens at 4 AM. We blow through at various times for coffee and such, he knows every bodies name, where you live and so on. He is the community hub and the knowledge base for our AO.

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I am involved in a church operation that has a head count of about 1,200 weekly. We count children in that number. I would figure the 400 number includes children as well.

As far as SF doctrine in an emergency/SHTF.... rules apply and will be followed. ;)

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

In a post SHTF world in this day and age it is going to be near impossible to maintain discipline.
    Because I'm the riches person here I should be in charge.
    Because I am a General in the military I should be in charge ,
    Because I own all the equipment we are using I should be in charge.
    Because I'm cop I should be in charge.
    and on and on and on.
    Go the other way and every one has a vote , where are the limits ? how about dope heads and drunks or those with a checkered past ,including those that have nothing with which to make any positive contribution ?
    For the sake of the survival of the whole, all are not equal . that's just the way it is.
    Secondly Just like the service, there were severe consequences for specific failures, and mercy was not easily rendered.
    Civilians are not normally as compliant ,being accustomed to doing things their own way .

If a group should come together, there should already be those among the group that have already established them selves as responsible individuals ,not some power grabbing self absorbed monarch that demands respect on their own say so.
    The constitution is a document signed by those responsible for building and maintaining it .
    So should the group in the same manner as the US constitution was made, invest their lives their fortunes and their sacred honor , these would have voting rights , and the document ,should the group fail , would be evidence of ownership to the group and a superior group have names of those that are their enemy. .

And if a man proves he has no honor, his name is removed from the list. the more inside information he has ,the more severe the consequences.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

400 souls is a small town, not a survival MAG. I have no confidence in being able to lead that many scared people to do all that needs doing. Easier to herd a big pack of cats.

Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The head of an HOA would be more familiar with the people and layout of the neighborhood. Imagine a General, a cop and head of the HOA all thinking they should be in charge. I would vote for the General in charge with the head of the HOA as an assistant and the cop can train security. General would or should know what needs to be done, the HOA would or may know skills so things can get delegated. Interesting to think about.

7. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

I can't say I would trust anyone involved in "running" my HOA to successfully get out of an open paper bag or direct traffic on a one way street. That being said, it just adds more credence to the need to build the MAG now.

8. 44044

44044 Monkey+++

I know that I can depend on myself
    And that is all I can depend on...

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  9. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I have work in a disaster and organized a community. 50 present simply look for leadership and follow. Yes you can organize your AO and make it work together, it is not hard but it will be brutal. When the Im am going against you guy pops up he gets banished from the controlled area, if he becomes a problem 2 to the head, in a pubic manner.

The alone I survive thing has never worked at any point in history, you may avoid things for a while but the ones who survive will group up under anything that thinks t can lead and do anything to survive. Numbers make that harder fr them, one pawn alone is overrun.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Thunder5Ranch
  6. Coyote Ridge
  7. hitchcock4
  8. john316
  9. oil pan 4
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid
  12. Asia-Off-Grid