This house protected by….

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I always pictured graves with wooden headstones in the yard by the gate. here lies a tweaker thief. Or "Trespasser". Too much?

2. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

I have been told that "beware of dog" signs can work against you too. By posting such a sign, you admit you have a dog that one needs to beware of, in the eyes of the law.

3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

A number of years ago I was advised, by my attorney, not to use “Beware of Dog” signs, due to a prosecutors ability to show that you were aware that you own a vicious animal!
    I make do with a “Rottweiler Crossing” sign these days!

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Geese were used by Romans and others as an alarm system. An intruder would be likely to find out where the phrase "getting goosed" comes from.

I think we touched on this before in another thread, but doing things to indicate children and dogs are helpful in deterring thieves. So a basketball hoop out front tells a criminal that somebody could be home or may come home at any time. Well used dog toys in a backyard full of nicely fertilized grass indicates a doggy or two.

Also, get your package sent FedEx wherever possible and have it sent to the nearest FedEx store for pickup there. Nothing wrong with leaving a package full of dog crap or chicken poop on your door step to be stolen.

5. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

BTW Chel? Both teenagers say you win the internet today.

Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and chelloveck like this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Oddly enough the tune is quite catchy, and there is a prepper message in the lyrics......eggs and drumsticks

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and Seepalaces like this.
  7. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Back when I lived stateside (eons ago), I had a sign that stated, "This home guarded by shotgun 3 nights per week. You guess which 3."
    I would definitely ring before dropping by. :D

At least post something, letting them know they won't be happy if they are caught trespassing.

With me, it's like the man running the chain gangs in the south. When he got off the bus, the first thing he did was to fire one shot in the air. That was the warning shot.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2017
    Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and Motomom34 like this.
  8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

There is a "Caution: Aggressive Dogs" sign on my door and another that says there is nothing in here worth dying for, why chance it.

Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and Motomom34 like this.
  9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I have No Trespassing signs posted at the edges of my property, once you get closer to the house, I have the signs that tell them they are on camera, front and rear. I don't like advertising having guns, it just gives them a goal.

10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

My back of each entrance door sign says absolutely nothing about firearms so .... I am not sure why I was quoted?

Gator 45/70 and sec_monkey like this.
  11. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

How about, "Screw the dog. Beware the owner."

We are looking for some geese now, to put at the farm. They do make excellent security guards.

12. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I quoted you because of the cameras. When they get closer to my house, the cameras get a clearer picture of them.

Gator 45/70 and tacmotusn like this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

This house protected by canibals.

Then the problem becomes we have a lot or retard criminals who would see canibals and think cannibus.

14. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Warning: the Dog isn't very friendly.... Neither are the owners.....

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Wouldn't that be "rooster and dumplings"?

Motomom34 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

We have the Smile signs up at home and the camp.
    The gates have the Beware Vicious Dogs signs.
    So far so good!

Motomom34 likes this.
  17. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

"Faux fowl chicken and dumplings", or bone and shred the meat, and tell the eaters it's "cock and dumplings". I also occasionally take a young jake when there isn't a big gobbler around and skin it dress it and cook the whole bird with broth and veggies and dumplings, and do it all under pressure except for the dumplings. It is every bit as good as anyones chicken and dumplings.

18. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

trespassers-shot-survivors-violated.

Motomom34 likes this.
  19. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

"Shoot um, It will teach um a lesson".

oldawg and Motomom34 like this.
  20. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Motion sensor lights and both working and openly non visible nonworking cameras surround the perimeter . also have drive way alerts At a range of 300' to the receivers .
    I have no signs except the simple "No Trespassing" .
    There is stuff and equipment all over the property so at no time does it look like the property is without surveillance .
    I have other LED lights on 24/7
    Every single neighbor here has some defensive weapon, and something they use against rats and vermin .A third of the homes here have horses and other farm animals .
    Unusual traffic is watched ,especially with several wineries/bars in the area .

chelloveck likes this.
  1. oldman11
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Lone Gunman
  4. ED GEiN
  5. Yard Dart
  6. DKR
  7. Brokor
  8. Idahoser
  9. DarkLight
  10. Motomom34
  11. melbo