This is getting to be a harder task than ever

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by melbo, Aug 14, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Everywhere I turn around, people are asking for ID, more info than I care to give and other personal stuff.
    CLyde and I have made it a kind of game in trying to remove ourselved from the Consumer Databases and such.

Rule #1
    Never again, Use your name and your Physical Address on a non-govt form again

If you are subscribing to a magazine, Use a Made up Company for the name box.
    Like RJS Services or something.
    I found Clyde after 12 years by magazine subs......

Is it Lying? look at it this way, It's a lie if you intend harm or fraud. You are not required by law to give a Real name for a magazine subscription.

Much more on this later.

Clyde?

2. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

yes. I agree. I am along in my steps to undo all of this stuff now that I have learned from the past how information is shared. A ghost address and ghost company are necessities to achieve privacy.

3. melbo

The absolute Manual for achieving Privacy is "How to Be Invisible"
    by J Luna

He has a site too.

www.howtobeinvisible.com

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That should go on the bookshelf, I do believe.

5. melbo

CLyde sent me a copy and I've sent out others since then. In fact, I don't think I have a copy anymore... Need to remedy that

6. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

The book is a step by step guide to achieving privacy. There are many stories outlined that make you realize you could be one of the sued, have your personal information stolen, etc.

It take a lot of thought and diligence, and a little money to achieve a true privacy. A couple ideas:

1) Make your personal address someplace where the is only a mailbox, prefereably in a state far away where you have a friend who could mail you back your "mail". Even if you don't do the other state option, you have take the first step by never having your name and personal address associated with each other

2) Utilities: Have a freind who is unconcerned about their privacy to put the electricty and gas in their name. Have another friend put the telephone and cable service in their name.

3) Mobile Phone: Have a friend open an account or add you to their bill. You pay your share or have the bill sent directly to you. Or get a disposable telephone like tracphone if you don't use one very often.

4) Rent your home and pay cash up front for the lease and have the lease in the name of a non-traceable company (need to read book to learn how). If you don't rent, you need to own free and clear.

5) Live within our means.

7. melbo

Amazon.com: How to Be Invisible: A Step-By-Step Guide To Protecting Your Assets, Your Identity, And Your Life (9780312252502): J.J. Luna: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41FXK6QB7NL.@@AMEPARAM@@41FXK6QB7NL

Amazon.com
    It's hard to say how private investigators would react to books like J. J. Luna's How to Be Invisible--while it makes their jobs a lot harder, most of them are paid by the hour. If you want to withdraw from the snooping eyes of the government, corporations, stalking ex-boyfriends, or practically anyone else, this practical, down-to-earth guide will help you and your family vanish. It's not a glamorous James Bond life Mr. Luna is inviting you to take part in; it's probably much like the life you're living right now. Spending much of the early part of the book frightening the reader with tales of stalkers and mistaken identities, the author successfully makes his case that a few adjustments to an individual's personal information flow can make a life-or-death difference. While getting his plan off the ground will take a bit of planning and effort (you have to move at least once to clear your trail), it is sustainable and worthwhile even for those who think they have nothing to hide. Learn about anonymous travel and purchase, using trusts and corporations to keep your assets private, and how recent laws (the book's date of publication is 2000) significantly affect older methods of guaranteeing privacy. Luna makes no claim to know the law where you live and suggests that you consult a trusted local attorney before implementing most of his advice. Just knowing how easily a criminal can learn about and exploit your personal information will make you want to do just that. --Rob Lightner

From Kirkus Reviews
    A subversive, disturbing, and altogether remarkable exposure of our frightening transparency to government agencies, investigators, the media, and more malign forces.Luna, a security consultant who spent 11 years running a secret operation in Franco's Spain (presumably outwitting the state police), begins by presenting formidable evidence of the demolition of personal privacy in the information age, as well as a chilling hypothetical selection of ways in which this state of affairs can ruin the existence of Joe & Jane Citizen (from false criminal accusations to stalking to lawsuits). His wryly presented conclusion--that advanced privacy measures are flood insurance--are borne out through the clear-headed instructional chapters that follow. First he shows how to protect one's physical space: how to construct an alternative mail-drop and ghost address, how to keep your real domicile unknown, and how to avoid using one's social-security number and birthdate for identification purposes. Although his suggestions seem surprisingly simple, he offers stern disclaimers to consult legal professionals. Further chapters delve deeply into the complicated netherworld of trusts, limited-liability companies, personal nominees, secret home businesses, anonymous travel, hidden ownership of vehicles and real estate, and so forth. One cannot but note that such information, although certainly invaluable to people in particular demographics (such as undercover cops or abused women, who might well need to disappear), is most often utilized by a new breed of transnational organized crime (with examples evident from Nick Leeson to the Russian Mafia). Yet Luna--whose slightly ornate prose suggests Nero Wolfe after several Belgian ales--makes a bracing, serious argument for the aggressive defense of one's informational and asset privacy, acidly noting throughout how governmental entities constantly attempt to seal the doors of invisibility, as in their harrassment of mail-receiving services.This is a memorable work which should be considered by many and undoubtedly will be acted upon by some. -- Copyright © 2000 Kirkus Associates, LP. All rights reserved.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It gets worse --

Just finished reading an article on RFID chips in the June issue of Consumer
    Reports. Seems as tho' there is another upcoming way to track you and yours via things you buy. Check it out. The Mobil Speedpass, one of many such devices presently in use is linked to your credit card, which is linked to other data, which will tie your carcass to a location, and so on. EZ passes on the toll roads is another one. Both have been hacked. Read up on it, and go cash whenever and where ever possible.

Just purchasing a shirt with an RFID tag has privacy issues worth knowing about. For starters, it is an inventory control thing, and that works for me. The hook is the ability of the chip to store and make available all sorts of other data that can be intrusive if/when the hacking begins whether or not a warrant is involved. And who are you to trust to watch your henhouse? The dot gov, uv cuss. Taking bets?

Seems to me that letting your trust live in a house without a way to verify that trust is a bad happening just waiting to happen. Too many employees means too many ways for slipups and greed to get a foothold. And just who is the largest single employer? Ayuh, you know -- [no]

9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I think we're all a bunch of blanket subversives...it's time to quit hiding from the government and go out and slay the useless monster. They want to make my privacy their business? well...here it is, I don't like the government. I vote . I have and speak an opinion to anyone that will listen. I* own guns and use them for self defense, protection of my property, and other sporting purposes. I don't care if you watch me, follow me, or listen to my conversations; it will not affect my opinion nor my speaking it. I don't like certain segments of our society and some of it is based on racial, religious, or ethnic reasons that I still have a right to have as long as I don't abuse your right to object. I will judge my fellow man on their individual merit and no law that you can pass will make it otherwise. I will not accept a generation of socially subsidized leeches as my equal or the equal of anyone else that pays their bills with our labors. I do not support the right of vote for people that do not earn their lively-hood, pay taxes, or own property. I do not support using the term "education" for social conditioning. I believe each and every individual has the right to swing their arm and equally believe that I have the right to break it off and beat you over your useless head with it if you expect me to go to work each morning and buy your housing, health care, food, clothing, and recreation. I understandd that our constitution is the employment contract that you, the government, work under and unions have no place it it; if you don't like the rules of our constitutional republic, go get a job somewhere else.

10. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

As technology advances hiding from those who want to steal your info will be harder, I'm afraid. Hiding from the guberment doesn't look very promising. [peep]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7