This is sick right?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

[​IMG]

A model presents an ensemble by French fashion house Guy Laroche, during the presentation of its Spring-Summer 2007 ready to wear collection in Paris, Saturday Oct. 7, 2006
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is it just me or does she look like one step from the grave?

2. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Looks like the pics of the survivors from Dachau.

3. Quigley_Sharps

thats what I was thinking as well. I cant believe people like this.

4. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I would need to see less clothing to truly determine how starved I am...she is.

5. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

This poor girl was so weak, and dizzy from hunger, she walked out with her kid's pipe cleaner car on her head.
    hat.

6. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That's truly sad! And to think that someone in her condition is utilized on a runway is even sadder.

7. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Somebody feed that girl. Quick, a cheeseburger and shake....STAT!

8. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

This makes me so angry you cannot imagine....and sad...

There's our role models for our kids....arrrrgggggghhhhhh! Drives me crazy..

My daughter was a gymnast and later a cheerleader...a good one. Dateline NBC did a 2 hour special on her squad called "The Dream Team"...they won 1st place at Nationals all 4 yrs she was on the squad...Big news in a little town...

Anyway...I noticed her losing weight...and took her right to the Dr...she had lost almost 20 lbs in a month! (and she is a teeninsy thing!)

Seems the coach told her "If you gain ONE ounce, and your fat a$$ keeps us from not winning? You are OFF this squad"

The Coach.

I took her to the Dr weekly for weigh ins...watched her eat....watched her sleep....It was horrible...

Found out later one girl on the squad had already started losing teeth and her parents didn't even know....she developed bulemia, while my daughter was leaning more toward anorexia....:mad: :mad:

You do not want to know what I said to the Coach AND the principal...and School Board members....

The message we send young girls, from magazine covers, to all the articles in them...from movies...everywhere! They are bombarded with messages that "You cannot be toooo thin!" and it flat pisses me off..

Sorry...but this one hit close to home...

Someone that loves this young woman needs to put her in a hospital...and soon...before she dies.

9. Quigley_Sharps

I agree, it sickens me too see this going the direction its going now days.:(

10. TexasDoc

TexasDoc Monkey+++ Founding Member

She would be healthier 3 days dead .

sick is not the words I would use

Doc

11. Quigley_Sharps

Hi Doc!

12. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

This model isn't the only one that I would put in the hospital. Seems I just heard about a certain coach that needs to be there, with my foot firmly placed.

This is either a really bad thing, which for the most of us are. Or really good for the necros out there. She's so close I bet they flock to her daily waiting for her to choke to death on that grain of rice she calls supper. Work 23 hours of the day, sleep none, spend one hour exercising to lose the 'weight' and eat a few calories worth of food which she will most likely throw up later. Sounds like a fantastic idea to me. Means when a strong breeze comes around all these superficial 'role models' will be blown into the nearest ocean where they could either all bond together to make a raft or just be shark food.

This crap in origin is from France and has been invading this country for so long that now it is acceptable to be this skinny and either you are coddled because you are obviously 'sick' in the head or you are thought of as 'ultra' cool and kids look up to you. If I sit little tailor down for a viewing of 'history' and show him gruesome documentaries on the concentration camps, I am a no good parent. So what is the difference here? Is it that someone just hasn't tossed her into an oven yet?

Maybe one day soon we won't have to see that stuff coming out of France anymore. Maybe we'll see them all wrapped up in their Muslim gear.

I agree someone needs to send this one a home cooked meal of fried chicken, some taters and gravy, some biscuits, cornbred, collard greens with hamhocks and a big pecan pie to top it off. Oh wait, now I've done it, I'm hungry. :D

13. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Ugh, that is just disgusting!!!! She, and many more, have been utterly brainwashed into thinking that they are beautiful. All they are doing is sending themselves to an early grave.

Ryan

14. CRC

Thanks TMH...and Ryan....and all..

That just sooooo pisses me off ...Pick up any fashion magazine...

Even the articles on dressing "Plus Size" women put them in a 10 and up..

Marilyn Monroe wore a 14....

I thought Heroin Chic was out....

:rolleyes: :mad:

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The truely sad part is that if she put on 30 pounds in the right places, she would be absolutely traffic stopping gorgeous. But I fear she can't see that without some serious medical attention, and soon. When I first opened this thread, other than her color, a biafran baby leaped to mind. What a shame.

16. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Size numbers are so arbitrary that they can't even be relied upon when shopping. Marketers decided that if they adjusted the number assigned to as particular size garment, they would sell more and they were correct. A few years ago I tried on a beautiful black wool sheath (the gals will understand what that is) from the 1950s that I found in my mom closet. It was a size 16 and since I normally wore a size 6 or 8, imagine my surprise when I couldn't even get it over my hips let alone zip up the back.

We are vain characters and love to feel that false sense of attractiveness we get when we can fit into a small size. When I was in my late teens/early 20's and weighed not more than 98 lbs without an ounce of body fat, I used to wear a tight girdle that zipped up both sides????? At that time, I didn't see myself as fat, only not thin enough. I recovered.

17. CRC

I see we grew up in the same era....

My grandmother put me in a girdle when I was 14 yrs old and weighed about the same as you did....(zippers? didn't have those though...)

And understood on the sizes.... I have had everything from a 4 to a 16 in my closet and they ALL fit...

It is all designed , you're right , to sell more clothing...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7