This is too cool!

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Valkman, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Way to go Melbo! I got an email that I'd been added to Staff and I was like WTF? And then I came here and saw this!

We love knives! And guns and motorcycles, but we really love knives.

Here's the latest one I made, 2" blade, fully etched with a great temper line. The handle is green/black G10.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2013
  2. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Way cool my friend.

And I'm still figuring out like why I was added as moderator to this forum - except maybe for the night shift.

After all I just love knives - you have a far better understanding of them and can actually now make them!

Still this will be fun I do believe. And a very neat learning experience for all.

3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I was collecting knives long before I could afford to collect guns.I always wanted to learn to make them.I think that would be a very enjoyable hobby.Maybe when I retire.I also love swords.I had quite a collection before my last divorce.They're history now.My new wife shares my passion for edged weapons and martial arts.Now if I can just get her as interested in guns I'd be a happy man!
    Looking forward to seeing how this forum developes.

4. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sweet knife Valkman. Welcome to the staff and board. We are glad to have you.

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

There is nothing that quite compares with taking a piece of raw material and turning it into a durable good. I remember when you brought up the idea on WR of making some knives look what you have now created. I'm so impressed.

6. Valkman

No - you're right Righthand. There's something incredible about taking a bar of steel and a hunk of wood or whatever and turning it into a nice knife. Not that many can do it, and for once in my life I stuck with something long enough to actually learn it. Well, learn some of it - got a long way to go! 8)

7. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Very nice. And I know that TLynn and Valkman are buddies. A knife forum together sounded good.

enjoy.

I'll add a Knife making sub forum here I think too.

8. TLynn

Geez, what did we do to give you that impression melbo? Could it be that I defend his knives at every chance I get? Or that I try and buy every knife he's ever put up for sale?

Or just the fact that we both seem to like the same type of things...

Yeah he's a good guy even if he does live in the desert.

Oh wait I live in the desert area to just a bit higher up.

Never mind I'll go hide again.

Seriously though it's nice to have an area where we can discuss knives but in a relaxed sort of frame of mind. We can be serious but not like the knife boards where at times I think they get too serious (don't get me wrong I love the knife boards but most days they are way over my head).

9. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

They do look great!

10. Valkman

Off topic! Off Topic! I'm locking this thread!

Hahahahahaha couldn't wait to say that! LOL

Hey T, can I borrow a few grand? b::

11. TLynn

Much as I would love to Valkman, that was my retirement money from where I used to work. I'm pretty much poor these days - sorry.

12. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Maybe so, but you are rich in friends........................and of course 1911's.

13. TLynn

Yep, I am very rich in friends (and of course the 1911's don't hurt either)! :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7