This is What Fascism Looks Like

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Minuteman, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

We have all heard the word fascism bandied about. Usually in reference to Hitler's Germany or Stalin's Soviet Union. The dictionary defines it as ;
    fas·cism
    a way of organizing a society in which a government ruled by a dictator controls the lives of the people and in which people are not allowed to disagree with the government
    : very harsh control or authority

But we need not look into the past to find this. We only need to look around us today.

[​IMG]
    February 13, 2014

Santiago, Chile

The IRS scandal caused a massive uproar last year when it was revealed that the agency was deliberately targeting non-profit political groups solely based on their names or political themes.

One of those groups was called True the Vote, a grassroots, non-partisan organization that recruits and trains volunteers to monitor elections.

The founder and president of True the Vote, Catherine Engelbrecht, recently gave testimony to the House Oversight & Government Reform Subcommittee on Regulatory Affairs in which she revealed how the US government used mafia tactics to go after her, her organization, family, and her private business.

As she explained, before founding her non-profit organization a few years ago, her life was ordinary.

Since founding it, though, she has been subjected to more than 15 instances of audit or inquiry by federal agencies ranging from the IRS, FBI, the Bureau of Tobacco, Alcohol, Firearms and Explosives, etc.

In 2012, her business was subjected to inspection by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). And even though the agency said it found no significant irregularities, it still issued a fine of $20,000.

The FBI even investigated her non-profit organization on SIX separate occasions in conjunction with domestic terrorism cases.

This is sickening. While her only ‘crime’ was to try to make the government more transparent, the government went out of its way to ruin her.

She tells her story in a quick seven-minute account. It’s a chilling reminder of what happens when you challenge the state.

I encourage you to watch Catherine Engelbrbecht’s brief testimony here.

To your sovereignty,

[​IMG]

Simon Black

Founder, SovereignMan.com

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I would "like" your post based on the content and information....but I would have to extremely dislike the context of the government reaching into MS. Catherines life in the mean's of destroying her, her reputation, bogus fines and criminally pursuing the figment of their imagination to further their agenda!!!

tulianr likes this.
  3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

When the American people fear the government, it's time for the American government to fear the people.

Gopherman, tulianr and Yard Dart like this.
  4. CaboWabo5150

CaboWabo5150 Hell's coming with me

[​IMG]

VisuTrac, Sapper John and Minuteman like this.
  5. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I don't fear the government. As I believe I've said before, after accidentally seeing my grandparents in their underwear(at different times/places thankfully), they don't scare me.

CaboWabo5150 likes this.
  6. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

I like this description of fascism from an economic perspective:
    Fascism: The Concise Encyclopedia of Economics | Library of Economics and Liberty

While usually portrayed as a radical right wing form of authoritarian govt I think left and right are purposely misleading labels. The real issue is authoritarian versus libertarian.

Fascism today is what we call crony capitalism: an appearance of private enterprise but heavily controlled by an authoritarian govt with favoritism given to a select group of corporations.

And behind all forms of authoritarian govt in the last couple hundred years at least are the central banks. The true enemy of free men.

Minuteman and CaboWabo5150 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7