This law California just passed may signal the END of our Republic

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yard Dart, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

How far this nation has fallen…

California is often seen as a cultural bellwether in America – after all, it’s the epicenter of the entertainment and technology industries, and is currently led by a “Governor Moonbeam.”

As the late Chicago columnist Mike Royko said as far back as 1979, “If it babbles and its eyeballs are glazed, it probably comes from California.”

Apparently, not much has changed. California has passed a number of laws to take effect January 1st, and while some of them are disconcerting to say the least, there is one in particular that is downright jaw-dropping.

As Breitbart reports, high school students will no longer have to actually pass high school to receive a diploma. This takes the participation trophy concept to a new disgusting low.

SB 172 says: High school seniors will receive their diploma whether or not they pass or even take an exit exam; the law also applies retroactively to students who have graduated since 2004.”

As we’ve discussed here many times, if progressives want to ensure “equality of outcomes” for all, why even bother having sporting events? Why is California hosting the Super Bowl on February 7th? What difference does it make who wins? Everyone is a winner.

How can businesses properly evaluate prospective employees when “high school diploma” is required if it is essentially meaningless? Who does this actually help? Certainly not the students who “graduated” without mastering any basic skills.

But you can bet there will be a ginormous outcry when companies looking for entry-level employees start requiring application exams to determine if candidates can actually read and write beyond the 8th grade level.

So why stop at high school diplomas? Who needs a college degree? Why require physicians, accountants and lawyers to take exams to prove their knowledge? Or is California simply admitting its public education system is so worthless that a diploma from one of its high schools is as well?

It is terribly disheartening to see this nation, step by step, lose all appreciation for achievement and excellence. We would never have become the most powerful nation on earth without demanding high standards from ourselves, our countryman and our leaders. But clearly it no longer matters. Lying and criminal behavior no longer disqualify anyone from the presidency, so who cares about something as trivial as high school diploma?

If you don’t believe this is just the tip of the moral decline iceberg, here’s another disturbing law just passed:

AB 329: Makes participation in sex education courses mandatory for students unless parents opt-out, would also inculcate the teaching of a fluid gender identity

“Fluid gender?” I suppose that’s separate to the “gender fluids” discussed in the sex education course. Sorry. Couldn’t help myself.

I am trying to find the humor in all of this because it’s all so terribly sad.

This law California just passed may signal the END of our Republic

Xocjm, stg58, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Nuts! Can't like that @Yard Dart. But thanks for sharing.

AD1, kellory, oldawg and 4 others like this.
  3. BC22

BC22 Monkey

This is why I homeschool. Though I'm sure they will make that illegal soon since they can't force me to teach my kid the propaganda and he won't be getting same horrible cookie cutter education.

4. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Police in CA can seize guns without prior notice or warrant starting January 1, 2016. The order would allow police to seize guns for up to 21 days (yeah right) and good luck getting them back!

Tully Mars, VisuTrac and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Good for them... You get what you reap and they elected these, Hmmmm, folks into office.. When the expected dramatic drop in crime doesn't happen there then it will be Oregon and Arizona's fault for allowing the sale of the forbidden firearms...

Brokor likes this.
  6. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Someone I know in Commiefonia had their weapons confiscated on a BS domestic violence charge and then had it cleared by the DOJ for return to them. Only problem was that a local cop in the city was in charge of the return and he put up the road blocks for that happening. Long story short, person did not want to go up against this A-hole and risk being put on a list that they can't own firearms forever and gave up what was confiscated.

pearlselby likes this.
  7. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

We have Portland, Washington has Seattle an you have Boise. All Libtard moron cities. Not trying to bash you, but this stupidity is coming your way soon.

8. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I am well aware of that, given the influx of the California refugees into my area.. But then there has always been their sort coming out here... Most do not last long.. Only take a quick read of the letters published in the local paper to get a good idea of some of the mind set of the local libtards... No offence taken, every state has their challenges don't they...

9. duane

duane Monkey+++

You brainwash the kids, pander to the voters in order to control them and advance your interests, brain wash the voters and make the debates about "social issues", export the jobs, destroy the money, sell the sheeple all the Chinese toys that they don't need on credit and make debt slaves of them, make a large portion of the sheeple dependent on the government dole, destroy the pension system, control the medical system and use it costs to hold the middle class hostage, disarm the people at the state level, militarize the police and take away their local control, make food a commodity and make sure that the vast majority of the people can not be self sufficient and must depend on agribusiness and the government in order to survive, make the vast majority of the sheeple totally dependent on the electrical grid, the water distribution system, the sewage system, the fuel distribution system, the medical system, most goods made with just in time manufacturing with the parts made somewhere else, designed to either wear out or be obsolete in a short time and impossible to repair or no parts available, destroy the moral and ethical values that we have held for thousands of years, create tensions between the racial, ethnic and religious groups in order to make everyone a member of a powerless minority and play one group against the other while they select the winners, make it a crime to dissent in your beliefs about gender, race, religion, abilities, God, social values, etc, use the snail darter and climate change as a religion to control the land and resources, and so on.

I think we have already lost the right to lead our own lives and are now reduced to limiting its effects on our lives and leading as good of a life as we can. We are preaching to the choir, while 99 % of the people go to another church. The list of things wrong with the United States today reminds me of the Declaration of Independence, but it was written by a man with a classical education and a real set of moral values, and aimed at an uneducated but very smart audience.

Have a nice day, kiss your wife or husband, enjoy your family, read your bible, pet your dog or cat, look forward to a good coming year, and don't let the world get you down. I don't watch much TV and most of it is to violent or meaningless drivel, but my wife made an excellent corn chowder for supper last night and we had homemade bread, the house is warm, my dog said its time for a walk and to enjoy the sunrise, we are healthy, the kids, grand kids, and great grand kids are doing ok. The Bible said this too shall pass, so enjoy life on earth to the best of your ability, and remember it is only a passing step in the total process.

GOG, Dont, pearlselby and 7 others like this.
  10. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

ALL HAIL THE IDIOCRACY!

Dont likes this.
  11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Stop Californians from migrating to other states!
    Ban them from travelling beyond their border.

But I fear it's too late. Only one more generation to go.

We won't need guns, nor farms, nor libraries, nor cars.
    We will be provided everything we need by the STATE.

It will be awesome*

* It is so going to suck to actually be awake and watch our rights disappear one right after another. 2nd goes, then free speech, property rights, and unencumbered travel.

12. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Read the actual law... the link is an interpretation of the actual law...
    SB 172, Liu. Pupil testing: high school exit examination: suspension.
    Existing law requires the Superintendent of Public Instruction, with the approval of the State Board of Education, to develop a high school exit examination in English language arts and mathematics in accordance with state academic content standards. Existing law requires, commencing with the 2003–04 school year and each school year thereafter, each pupil completing grade 12 to successfully pass the high school exit examination as a condition of receiving a diploma of graduation or a condition of graduation from high school.
    This bill would suspend the administration of the high school exit examination and would remove the high school exit examination as a condition of receiving a diploma of graduation or a condition of graduation from high school for each pupil completing grade 12, for the 2015–16, 2016–17, and 2017–18 school years. The bill would, until July 31, 2018, require the governing board or body of a local educational agency, as defined, and the State Department of Education on behalf of state special schools, to grant a diploma of graduation from high school to any pupil who completed grade 12 in the 2003–04 school year or a subsequent school year and has met all applicable graduation requirements other than the passage of the high school exit examination.
    Bill Text - SB-172 Pupil testing: high school exit examination: suspension.

Motomom34 and Pax Mentis like this.
  13. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

This is sickning !! What happen to teaching children to want to be better. I constantly tell my girls not to settle with just skimming by. To always push to be the best and never any less than their personal best. It's life some are better than others at different things. We as a society should never lower the standards to that of the lowest so everyone can pass. We should find the problem fix it and help our lowest raise up to meet the challenges of being the best. I think I know the reason for the government doing this. Education is power and power they fear. They know our educated youth will want the same freedoms and rights as we do and will see through all the blind folds. So if they take the powers of Education and the desire to compete, the want to be better than the others. They will all fall in with the masses of sheeple and follow along with what everyone else does without question.

14. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

This will not be good for the economy. These kids will want jobs. And with the minimum wage at $15/hr., who in their right mind is going to hire some 18 year old with no experience. Stupid people doing Stupid things. Wages are earned for work produced, not for just showing up. With this law, kids are not learning this important life lesson. They are learning that they only have to retain knowledge for a short period of time to earn their reward, in this case; a diploma. Now they will be taught not to excel, but to do the absolute minimum and just show up!

15. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

If I were living in Kalifornia I believe I would start raising some hogs...

GOG, pearlselby and ghrit like this.
  16. Tully Mars

That's a good supper!

GOG and duane like this.
  17. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I'm waiting until the minimum wage become a minimum income allotted to all.
    Then the fixed pricing schemes of yesteryear
    and maximum production quotas for small farms
    then the cashless society.

It will be utopia to the sheeple. They won't have want of anything because they will not know of freedom.

Just another generation to go. I'll be the crazy old guy that rants about walking through the woods (before they became off limits to preserve nature), drinking out of ice cold streams (before corp's polluted them with industrial waste byproducts) and eating animals I raised (before test tube meat-like bioengineered was the only thing available) and plants i'd grown or found wild (before soy everything). Yep, when I talk about the good old days, they won't comprehend. It probably won't be available to read about on Wikipedia in their implanted browser.

18. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

I regret that there is nothing new about what you say.
    I left school a bit early because I was frustrated with the poor curriculum at my local High School, due to an overcrowded school system or so we were told. In fact the dumbing down had begun and I was advanced enough, thanks to my folks home education, not home schooling but the type of home education that allows a person to see past whatever the current brainwashing might be.

The Bean Counters and the PTB only want to give the appearance of an "advanced" educational system as a reason to enable ever more funds to be spent on "Higher Education". This increasing cost will cause more students to exit University with a debt load that might make the student a wage slave instead of continuing on with a truly Higher Education in their future.

My experience is my proof. I promised my Mom I would complete a High School Diploma, if she signed for me to enter the Mil at 17. When I turned 18 I requested the test for an equivalency High School Diploma, a respected and US wide approved set of test developed by the USAFI (United States Armed Forces Institute) Proctored by the Base Learning Center. I took the two days of required tests. Thirty days later I was informed that I had passed in a high percentile rate. [​IMG]

Now understand, I did not study for those test, I went, convinced that I had been taught the same stock classes repetitively for years. In fact that belief that I was only spinning my wheels in continuing the previous "High School" classes was the reason I left school. After all, how many times can you take American History?

Due to my age of 18 the SYSTEM would only allow me a GED certificate. After all if any student was allowed to be tested for a exit High School Diploma then what would happen to the education system? At 21 I was allowed/qualified to present my GED scores to my state's Educational System for evaluation. Obviously at 21 I was then beyond legally attending a local High School and no longer in the money pot percentage of State and Federal monies for I was beyond the Bean Counters Bell Curves for student attendance. I did in fact score to a level on the test of the USAFI to be presented a State "High School Diploma", now that I was a free agent and no longer a part of the Educational System.

In short I had acquired a High School level of education in the 10th grade.

Of course the SYSTEM did not want the general population to know their money was being wasted and "How you gonna keep them down on the farm?" if they can test for a Diploma and leave school early?
    The age of 21 was a state requirement for an X-student of the High School system to wait for a Diploma. In my case 4 years.

I enjoy information and in this I have completed University.

The point that sticks most in my memory is that I was required, once again, to take American History in that University. Nothing had changed in American History just another semester down the drain and a load of $$$ with that needless class.

Time line? Left High School in 1962, completed University in 2007. I completed my degree plan with only 1 more hour than required for my BS Degree. All school debts paid in full.

Somehow I'll always wonder what might have been if I had not left High School!

Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  19. duane

duane Monkey+++

You have to love the pursuit of the lowest common denominator. Well all men may well be created equal, they do not have equal abilities, goals, or mental qualifications and our present system is destroying or ability to educate each person to their greatest possible ability or allow those with the most drive or skills to succeed. We have an institution near here that is a nonprofit rehab center. Our school districts pay up to $100,000 a year to "rehab" an individual who may be 16 years old and not toilet trained. They are taking some of the staff to court and threatening them because they maltreated a patient by pinching his nose in order to try to control him and they may end up in jail. Meanwhile one of the little 2 year olds in a 25 year old body attacked, tried to rape and kill one of the staff, they are not allowed to use any restraints or force, and the patient can not be punished as he is not responsible for his actions. When the unqualified, uneducated, unmotivated, "graduates" with no skills, morals, or work ethic fails to thrive in the real world, it is of course due to racial or ethnic or gender biases and not their fault. I doesn't look good for the future of our society.

Mountainman, Tully Mars and HK_User like this.
  20. Tully Mars

I see where you're coming from @Dont, but one needs to remember that there are many in the northern part of the state that didn't vote for these asshats. We had the same problem when I lived in Colorado. In that case, the libtards controlled the population centers ie: Denver, Peoples Republik of Boulder, and to a point FT. Collins. The majority of the population is in the front range and thus goes the state no matter how hard rural folks battled against the asshat libtard horde.

GOG, Dont, Mountainman and 2 others like this.
  1. HK_User
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. DKR
  4. Shinzo
  5. Bandit99
  6. Bandit99
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Legion489
  9. BTPost
  10. lonewolf88
  11. Legion489
  12. Legion489