This might be the trigger

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by marlas1too, Jul 3, 2016.

1. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

I will mostly agree. But here in my little town there are many young people who are ready for the stand. Could be because I live close to that little outpost they call Fort Hood and a lot of the current and former mil. people live in the area.

Gator 45/70, T. Riley and Seepalaces like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I can't speak about Boise but all the Californians that I have met since I arrived about 1.5 years ago have a good mind set and most left because they hated the place, saw through the liberal bull and certainly don't want Idaho to turn into a California. I still give them a hard time about living there but at least they had the sense to leave. Check out Coeur D'Alene if you want a beautiful area with good people, clean, low crime and it's not too big. I would never live in a city again but if I did it would be there. We do our major shopping there. It's been hard to get established here because we didn't know one soul when we came, no family or friends, but I sure don't regret it. One of the best decisions I have made in a long time.

3. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Absolutely true. Read the comment on top of the page when you sign in?

4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

"The only trigger there will ever be is when the gov comes knocking for our guns or our freedoms."

Isn't that what they are going to do in California? Article didn't say what is to happen to the millions of semi-auto rifles already owned by citizens. I think I did read that all magazines larger than 10 rounds have to leave the state by 1 July...or something like that.

5. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I think most in our State are like that, except those in Austin, of course. It helps when you have a Governor and legislature that are American's first, actually believe in the Constitution and the oaths they took to defend it. The Constitution is not Reed, Pelosi, Moonbeam and Obama's to jack with. It was written by far better men than them.

Dont, GOG, oldawg and 1 other person like this.
  6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Yeah, we do have austin (spit,spit). But it's fun to go there and watch those strange creatures. Like going to the zoo or carnival side show.

T. Riley and Tempstar like this.
  7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I do love north Idaho.. A strong sense of independence around here...

8. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

It almost killed one of my sons. Started smoking pot and quit bathing. I wanted to kill him but he got over it and became my conservative lawyer son.

GOG likes this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The icing on the cake is that California legislators made themselves exempt from their own legislation, including guns, five years ago. This is absolute despotic corruption:
    California Senate Votes 28-8 to Exempt Itself from California Gun Laws

"The California State Senate agrees with Charlie Rangel that they “deserve” to own guns but the citizens do not!
    They voted 28-8 to exempt themselves from the gun-control laws that apply to the rest of the California.

You think maybe this will cause Californians to rise up? NOPE! It happened 5 years ago and since California has passed a plethora of other gun laws…that only apply to citizens.

Yes, you heard me right! The exemption was created in 2011 and the California legislature has passed a number of gun laws since. Pretty easy when you are passing bills that do not apply to you!

It is not the only special privileges California legislators provide themselves!

They do not pay red light camera bills or for gasoline!

How does it all happen so easily in California? The Washington Post explains:

Attempts by a handful of reformers to require politicians to provide a full annual disclosure of the benefits received from the public treasury have been rebuffed. Currently, government officials must file a statement of economic interests revealing income from any source other than a local, state or federal government agency. Gifts worth more than $50 also must be disclosed, but lawmakers rejected a bill that would have prohibited acceptance of concert and sporting event tickets, gift cards, spa treatments, golf outings and other benefits from lobbyists trying to buy votes.

Bills of this nature never meet an honest fate in which roll-call votes put members on the record as favoring or opposing each idea. Instead, reform measures are held in committee to die quietly as legislative deadlines pass. As of last week, it’s effectively impossible for a bill to become law if it hasn’t already passed in at least one of the chambers.

…and it just goes on and on!

Red Skelton said so eloquently in his commentary on the Pledge of Allegiance:

And to the Republic — A Republic: a sovereign state in which power is invested into the representatives chosen by the people to govern; and the government is the people; and it’s from the people to the leaders, not from the leaders to the people.

California has it backwards, they are running with the method of “from the leaders to the people”

That is why I joined the 5 Million people who have fled California within the last decade.

You can take me out of Texas in a pine box, and even then I will be kicking and screaming!

"​

Taku, Gator 45/70 and GOG like this.
  10. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

anyone with any sense left California decades ago. What is left won't resist this with anything but impotent words...of course expecting a different result THIS time. We let the camel's nose under the tent decades ago...now the whole camel is in the tent and is feeling horny.

My fear is that the rest of Amerika is the same way...all talk, no walk. Wake me when some of these no-knock raids for whatever reason start taking fire from neighbors. I'm not holding my breath. First they came for the...

Ganado, Taku and GOG like this.
  1. fl4848
  2. BTPost
  3. BTPost
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. OldDude49
  7. oldman11
  8. Ura-Ki
  9. oil pan 4
  10. OldDude49
  11. OldDude49