This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Running out of places to put it around here too. Not like the cities, but still --

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

We could sure use it up in our mountains around here.....our snow pack is like 30% right now. Maybe they need to truck your excess snow out here ;)

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I made a tactical error and now I'm paying the price. We've had a couple of significant storms of 20 - 30" each along with a dozen or so 6" - 8"ers. Most years, the snow melts down to a reasonable depth but it's been so cold this year there has been no melt. The landlord here at the shop is an old friend and has been sending one of his guys to plow my driveway but between the driveway and the house.....well, let's just say if I go home at all, it isn't til 2am-3am in the morning and I don't much feel like shoveling. The result is I now have snow and ice up to my butt that I trudge through. I have footsteps through the crust that I have navigate but yesterday's storm was powdery so its just sitting on top of the crust. Now one to blame but myself as usual.

4. Yard Dart

That is what teenage boys are for..... hire one off them neighbor boys to take care of that shoveling!! :)

5. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

the down side of living as I do, there are no neighbors. Of course, I do have a grandson.......

Yard Dart likes this.
  6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Posting here because on page 1 was the mention of gnats. I have gnats in my lemon trees. I have used a solution of Dawn & water, then used vinegar and water. I don't seem to be killing the eggs because they keep coming back when I water the plant. Since they are lemon trees I refuse to use that chemical stuff. Also note, I changed the dirt probably 4-6 months ago. The root ball still has the mesh around it. So I either have to disturb the root ball or kill the gnats & eggs in the pots. Any solution or advice Monkeys?

7. RightHand

Scenario: Posting on FB, a story about a tree that fell in a CT park injuring a child. The following response doesn't surprise me - there are more than enough idiots to go around - but I am surprised that one of MY friends has this idiot as HIS friend

"I tried to get a law passed in my town that when a tree is 25 years old, it is cut down and a new tree replanted, this way we always have healthy trees and also they don't interfer with power lines, they say no, idiots !!!"

8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Have u tried a gnat trap? Along with letting the soil dry out?

If lemons are flowering or fruiting... And drying out isn't an option... Use a couple of kinds of gnat traps.

1)Water with fruit in a bowl with cellophane and I think I saw one on instructables that looked easy. I use the cone method which is tricky especially with kids and pets

2) hang a big yellow plate with vaseline smeared on it. Have to wipe off bugs and reapply vaseline every couple of days the 1st week

These will keep infestation bearable till you can let top 2" of soil dry out

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. Yard Dart

Working around the house this weekend....looking forward to sun...... and 80-90 degree temps. :eek:

10. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I spent the evening with my folks. Had a shot fired in the park across the street and God love my Dad, he's pushing 90 and he hustled out of the house to see what was going on. I went for my gun and ID and went out the side door. When we got done , I looked at my Dad and asked him where is your gun? He said, in the safe, I said what would you do if the police weren't here and you ran into trouble with no gun and you can't remember the combination on the safe. He looked funny opened his mouth and said 'I dont know, I wasn't thinking about that I was thinking about how n I could help.'

We both started laughing.

So I am toasting the men who run towards danger without even thinking. Thank you for being our protectors and caring enough to put yourself in harms way. Cheers!

As a side note I did get him to promise to get the gun out and take it with him next time. =)

11. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

About time this Thread got resurrected......

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. Yard Dart

We are completing the rebuild of our deck this weekend....it will be nice to use it again after it has been torn apart for the last few weeks. Another project to be wrapped up :)

Sapper John and RightHand like this.
  13. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

Bump! Just wondering if the thread was still here. cant-keep-plan.

AD1 and Yard Dart like this.
  14. Yard Dart

With Christmas just a week away..... I have so much to get done.... tis the season for sure.
    May everyone be blessed with friends and family nearby over the holiday!!

15. RightHand

Having weird thoughts......here it is December 31, I live closer to the Canadian Border than I do to Virginia, there's ice on the ground and a chill in the air but I'm wishing I had my backpack loaded, sleeping bag and tent attached, my canoe on the top of my truck and headed out to the wilderness with a nice remote stream. Ahhhhh [camping] Such are the dreams that I entertain. I was going to say that I might be getting senile having such thoughts but I didn't want to give Mindgrinder an opening :D

Dont, Yard Dart, BTPost and 2 others like this.
  16. Yard Dart

Family scheduled to visit & stay with us during the week of the 4th of July......BUT of course, that was the week I was taking vacation to goof off, fish a little, hit the range and in general relax...... so much for that plan.... :cry: (n)

17. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Take them with you.

18. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Leave before they get.......................oh wait.............you're married aren't you? Never mind. May you're misery be mild and all that.

Yard Dart likes this.
  19. Yard Dart

biglaff NO!!

20. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I am building and building and building . Chicken huts, fences, defensive positions, buying sand bags, ammo , food , Am I crazy??????????????? Oh wait this the monkey move along nothing new to see here :)

Yard Dart likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7