This thread Will never die!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quigley_Sharps, Aug 5, 2005.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sorry to hear this YD. Anger is justified but we all know, taking care of your daughter and grandson comes first. My FORMER Son in law blew his chance to be a husband and a parent. they may have forgiven him. I will not

Yard Dart likes this.
  2. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

A) Good for her for applying the boot before his "habit" made things worse than they are.
    B) It is OK to be angry as long as you don't let it eat you up.
    C) Time wounds all heels, he'll get his, never fear.
    D) Give her a hug from all of us.

BTPost, Yard Dart and RightHand like this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Outdoor projects wrapping up for the coming rain's........ winter time in the PNW.
    Now to tackle the honey-do list for inside..... time to let the sawdust fly yet again. :)

GrayGhost likes this.
  4. Yard Dart

Last night we had a 15 year old pregnant female show up at our church during evening service. She had been on the run for three days from her state "home" she had been remanded to, as a ward of the state. She was crying, and she was alone.... wandering in and looking for sanctuary.

No matter how bad it gets for you..... there is always further to fall..... and there is always someone you can lift up and save. She is protected tonight and in a new home that hopefully will give her respite...... until she opts to run again. I pray that someone is there to yet again, give her help, when help is needed.

Thought of the day.........

Zimmy, Ganado, Motomom34 and 4 others like this.
  5. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

It seems the likelihood of catching some sort of malady like a bad cold, the flu, or a sinus allergy outbreak increases during the winter holidays. This is magnified if one travels by airline for a few hours as part of the holiday socializing as Christmas approaches. It starts with eating too much leftover Halloween candy/chocolates (ie sugar = bad), rolls on into all the heavy eating of Thanksgiving, throw in a 5-hour drive to see a college football game (more eating and adult beverages) a few days before the aforementioned airline flight for a few days out of town (more eating and beverages), then ends with the approach of family and friends for Christmas and New Years.....I can always tell when I've had too much fun----now healing up nicely after this December sinus/cold/allergy attack. I'm just about ready for more fun as Christmas grows near....Bless my family, friends, and to the Monkey Tree one and all!(y)

6. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I believe that there is a biblical precedent......Isiah 2:4

[​IMG]

Not many mass murders caused by pruning forks that I'm aware of. ;)

Zimmy and RightHand like this.
  8. RightHand

Laying in bed last night under 5 lbs of blankets to stave off the sub-zero temps that were blowing in from the Nor'easter outside and trying to take a sip of the coffee in the cup on my nightstand only to find that it had turned into a popsicle when I decided to check the weather app on my phone. Hooray I thought, it's going to be 64 degrees next week. Amazing I thought and went to sleep a happy camper until this morning when I checked the phone again and found the location of the weather forecast was at one of my friends locations on the Gulf shore. I was crushed but all along, I knew it was too good to be true. It's supposed to be around 10 below for the next few nights. Maybe I'll keep the weather app fixed on those southern zip codes

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Never much minded the cold, but hitting the floor with my toes has always been a problem. There was one trip to Maine that nearly cost a couple toes. Hunting season has more hazards than getting run over by a logging truck in that area ----

chelloveck, Ganado and RightHand like this.
  10. RightHand

this year my fingers and toes are aching from the cold. I think its due to the medication I'm on but nonetheless, I have been looking for some new polar quality winter gloves only to find they range in the area of $100-$125 - UGH. I've resorted to slipping my hands into a socks designed for extreme cold. They work like a charm and I only have to remember to take them off before getting out of the truck. People might look at me strangely as if I were wearing the sock on my head. Hmmm now that's an idea I hadn't thought about

chelloveck and Ganado like this.
  11. Yard Dart

The longer days and warmer weather are a big welcome around the Pacific NW!!!!!!!!

12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Yea, the days start getting shorter in a month....enjoy it while it is still happening...

Yard Dart likes this.
  13. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

When I lived on the mountains especially during the winter months I took a shot of apple cider vinegar in the morning periodically and either raised my metabolism or thinned my blood ,but I was far more comfortable than every one else I worked with through out the winter and had fewer, if any, colds .
    If I felt a cold coming on I mixed 2 table spoons of cider vinegar ,and two of honey in a cup of hot water, and sipped that slowly ,kept it coming for a while and dealt with the cold permanently before heading for work .
    I find that the sooner I deal with on coming issues the better I beat them. It's much harder once they've gotten established .

Yard Dart and Wild Trapper like this.
  14. Yard Dart

[​IMG]

Motomom34 and Wild Trapper like this.
  15. Garand69

Garand69 Monkey++

The only good thing about 2 days of work rain outs... Catching up on some Monkeyness....

Zimmy, Yard Dart and Wild Trapper like this.
  16. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Pirate Biker

upload_2018-7-31_8-9-23.
    Hey sparky, wonder why that circuit breaker is off?

Zimmy and Yard Dart like this.
  17. Wild Trapper

upload_2018-8-1_6-56-53.

chelloveck and techsar like this.
  18. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

I keep noticing what society has become like. I try to picture folks if things went south. I think a lot of people will die.

Zimmy, Wild Trapper and Yard Dart like this.
  19. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

cop2lol.

oldawg, Wild Trapper and Yard Dart like this.
  20. Wild Trapper

upload_2018-8-7_6-51-42.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7