This Years Awesome Garden In Honor Of MG

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by Radishman, May 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Radishman

Radishman Monkey+

I must try straw bale this year as well; I have tomatoes that are waiting to go out. It just hit 86f here...so I need to get my butt in gear.

[​IMG]

Wild purselane, native to pretty much anywhere. These reseeded in the back yard from last season. It is my favorite green.

[​IMG]

Taters.

[​IMG]

Jerusalem artichoke aka rabbit food in the winter.

[​IMG]

This is a japanese tomato ring (basically a mulch pile you put in a tomato cage and plant tomatoes on the outside of the cage, attaching the plant to the cage as it grows). The suckers are supposed to grow into the mulch and grow roots into it. I don't know if this works.

2. Radishman

Radishman Monkey+

I got these long beds from a structure takedown pile on craigslist. Quick and easy raised beds filled with red amaranth.
    [​IMG]

Here's my favorite thing that I never weed out: purselane. Tangy and it just comes up where you've watered heavily.
    [​IMG]

3. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I love the slighty salty flavor of good Purslane, I like I raw

The amaranth looks beautiful

4. Radishman

Radishman Monkey+

Leek bulblet harvest. If you let them go to seed on the greens they produce about half the size and amount of the bulbs shown here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's the japanese tomato tower I planted earlier in the year. It makes a convenient mulch pile but I'm not impressed with the amount of micromanaging you have to do to keep the tomato plants attached to it. Does not produce well. Would not try again.

[​IMG]

A more traditional tomato cage I made with some russian dark tomatoes in it. This plant out-produced the four plants attached to the japanese tower above.

[​IMG]

Jerusalem artichokes now 10 ft tall and starting to fall over. Grapes almost ripe as well, the birds are telling me.

[​IMG]

5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

wow lots of grow! MG would be proud!

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

@Radishman You must get heat and sunshine where you live! Nicely done and I love the variety you have selected to plant.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Murica! RIP MG.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Avocado_tree

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Sep 16, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    I love the end of summer.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Sep 16, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Jun 10, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
    Smells heavenly
  7. Alanaana
    Avocadoes
  8. Alanaana
  9. Alanaana
    I think it's 20lbs!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 13, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Is coffee better than bananas?
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 13, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  11. Alanaana
  12. Alanaana
  13. Alanaana
    Sugarloaf White Pineapples are my favorite!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 11, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
  16. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle Vibes

This is the driveway at the front of my property.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 26, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  17. Alanaana
  18. Dunerunner
  19. Dunerunner
  20. Dunerunner
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7