Thought I had lost another Friend but...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

From my oldest friend, Commander Jim Marcotte, USCG retired:
    Jim Marcotte
    50 mins ·
    Hi folks,
    Been here a week now and come from death,s door to fair to middling.
    I have had another amazing incident. Marlene could. Not wake me up and called 911. They got there in a hurry. My CO2 was 62 pct. they incubated me and took me to emergency room and they called for the Sk76to fly me to Miami. I Have a DNR order but paperwork was not on me. Marlene drove 1.5 hrs north with paperwork cause it was on file at this Hosp. In addition to DNR Marlene has paper work placing her in charge of medical decisions regarding me. When she got to hosp in Miami , I was breathing so she let things go so due to lack o f paper work I was intubated and lived. But wait it gets better .
    When someone is saturated with CO two even when they pump oxygen in the lungs most die when they pull the tube. Doctors were amazed I had no such problem.
    X rays today showed fractured hip has healed 2018 has been interesting so far ( a little painful)
    Thank you for the prayers

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Sounds like a tough guy with a good personality. Glad he made it & you still have your friend.

3. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

A recovery room beats a funeral home every time! Glad that old puddle jumper made it through.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  4. duane

duane Monkey+++

Semper fi and congratulations. Luck and the will of God always beat logic.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  5. Capt. Tyree

Capt. Tyree Hawkeye

God's reward for longevity is seeing one's family and friends gradually leave. Because it is so, I've trusted that there are reasons for the survivor to remain on this side of the dirt, something yet to be done; something yet to be learned. Every morning I wake up I am thankful that I have more to do, more people to lead, positively influence, or just say hello to as I open the door for them at the post office.

Motomom34 and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Kudos to Jim marcotte for his constitution, and will to live.

Kudos to the 911 operators and first responder system which got first responder medical intervention to Jim Marcotte in a timely manner.

Kudos to the medical transport and hospital surgical team who effectively kept him alive...

Kudos to Jim Marcotte for neglecting to have his DNR documentation on him when he was medevaced.

Kudos to Marlene Marcotte's judgement in suspending Jim's DNR instructions.

Kudos to the medical personnel and hospital resources used to keep Jim Marcotte alive and enabling and facilitating his recovery.

There is clearly demonstrable evidence of human involvement in Jim Marcotte's survival and recovery...evidence of supernatural intervention?....nothing more than wishful speculation....

The question to be asked with regard to god's will...is which god??? Odin never seems to get the props appropriated by Yaweh believers for their own deity. [dunno]

As to luck confounding logic...chance has many outcomes....along the continuum from exceptional good to exceptionally bad luck...the evidence in Jim's case is that the human interventions improved the probabilities of survival in Jim's favour...against random chance.

I am pleased that Jim and Marlene Marcotte (and their family and friends) are the beneficiaries of Jim's survival.

I am pleased that Seacowboys is able to maintain his relationship with a much loved friend. May that opportunity continue longer.

Human resilience and the will to live can seem miraculous....but when considered in the context of millions of people, just in the USA alone, surviving similar medical circumstances to Jim's situation, although his situation was dire, it was probably not such an outlier as might be imagined. That doesn't detract in any way from Jim's will to live, nor the efforts of others to keep Jim alive.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
  7. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Seems if I block the Facebook apps & data sucking from Faceblock , Im not allowed to view !! , Thats fine , BUT that tells me the harvest THEY have done .

Facebook users are in the news

duane likes this.
  8. ochit

ochit Monkey+

incidents like yours Seacowboys reminds me why I am not a organ donor I have come that close a couple of times.

1. Motomom34
  2. Andy the Aussie
  3. runswithdogs
  4. Meat
  5. Yard Dart
  6. Motomom34
  7. Bishop
    [img] [MEDIA]
    Thread by: Bishop, Feb 7, 2019, 6 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  8. Motomom34
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Asia-Off-Grid