Thoughts for 2010 Preparation or Paranoia

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Watchman220, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Tango3, I like that movie too. I have the poster for it up on the wall right behind my computer monitor.

"Alone...each is a bombshell.
    Together...they're dynamite!"

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

netflix delivered it yesterday...[applaud]

3. grooveline

grooveline feelin x-tra paranoid

imo, i have adjusted my frame for what i think will happen. I used to think and look for some type of chicken little the sky is falling type of incident to set it off. but now if the idea is to merge us in the NAU I feel that we are gonna see a long slooow burn to break people down to accept the change... in fact we will want it. well... maybe not us monkeys.

there maybe be some acts of some loner tryin to call out the gov, but i doubt we will see civil war.

it is time to exercise supreme frugality, and shun any expenses. it's funny the side effects of not being able to go buy something. the agitation, yearning for it, and ultimately sayin screw it, i don;t need it.

no friends, we are a dying breed, already bought and paid for along time ago.

::question:: how vulnerable would our country be to outside invasion or some type of foreign provocation in an all out civil war??

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

'Zactly where I'm at

...Invasion:I think " they" all realize there'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass on top of the gangbangers, and would you invade just to deal with an unemployed; screwed over hungry populace? I think I'd wait abit until people get alot hungrier and weaker. [own2]

I think if the banks shut down and revalued our checking account cash: say 1 new 'bamabuck for every 5 frns that would effect enough people directly local banks and employees would be in daily jeopardy ( even though it wasn't their fault)eventually some folks would form a small group and carpool to d.c.looking for answers or scalps.

Once gun confiscation started; if the word got out, ( news and the net would go down except for amatuer sw) things would get very bloody very quickly,with abit of forewarning "They" kick in a few doors at 0200 they would see where all this ammiunition has gone.Tha'td be kinda stupid... But you see it in the comments section of these patriots vs us gov articles people think patriots "have no chance". Well the british were the best trained and equipped force in the world in the late 1700's. Unorganized /untrained Patriots would die,bleed and be captured.Those who start will probably not be around to see the end. But there's more of us then there are of them.

I'd be afraid of a situation portrayedin the tv show "jerhico; Some Monied corporate(xe")
    bastid would wrangle power over some military and declare himself president of the "new republic" with acapital in cheyenne and a second federalist faction in houston....

5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

We have been training the world's military for decades. Cross training Soviet/Russian troops with our own, Chinese, Japanese, even Mexican Commandos. The list goes on.

You think Iraq and Afghanistan are really being dragged out like this because the insurgents are REAL? Give me a break. Most of them are hired, the rest are duped into fighting by CIA assets or through other channels. Want to know the best way to kill the American Dream? http://www.defense.gov/specials/urbanwarrior/

And I quote: " These potential foes view cities as a way to limit the technological advantages of our military. They know that cities, with their narrow streets, confusing layout and large number of civilian non-combatants, place limits on our technological superiority and especially our use of firepower. We have to develop technologies that allow us to win while minimizing collateral damage."

Perfecting the great battle which is to come. Killing two birds with one stone, so to speak. The Middle East gets carved up by the corporate empires, the military is trained and honed to perfection, the stage is set for economic collapse at home, all we need to do is keep spending and keep borrowing. Who do you think the US of A will call in to assist with so many troops overseas in combat? Hrmmm...

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

As of a few years ago, WE here in Arizona witnessed the invasion of this state by the Mexican military, up to 12 miles on this side of the border, at a gas station getting cold drinks and taking a break.....It was in the news, but the admin at the time took no real notice of that little infraction of international law!

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

You Sure they were'nt some contractors' crew taking a break on a phoenix drywall "Yob"??

8. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

The best protection will be a remote location. If you have some dough or a house think about selling and finding a place remote to avoid the aftermath of any of those events. Hungry starving people will turn 'zombie' out of desperation.I would hate to be a guard at a grocer's distribution ware house.
    The best survival tool is between your ears.

9. Watchman220

Watchman220 Watchman

My wife has really gotten into the game.
    Purchasing, very frugally, bugout packs for all of us, supplies and McGyver'd things like Cottonballs with Vaseline for firestarters....everyone's got knives.
    We are planning for three scenarios.
    1. Stay where we are in bad economy with food and water stocked.
    2. Leave in a vehicle to an undisclosed location...plans to move to different locations periodically.
    3. Bugout on foot in emergency with basic survival gear, guns and ammo.

The rest of the family is taking notice too.

Take Care and Prepare.

10. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

If you like cheap firestarters, take some dryer lint and pour some melted candle wax over it. My wife does it in cardboard egg cartons, just break off
    an "egg" and you're good to go.

11. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I am seriously hoping and planning to leave the metro area (although I am at the edge)of phoenix, by March or the latest April, I am still concerned about the timing....
    I'd have preferred to already be there, but honestly, I am not looking forward to the cold weather!
    It takes time to "adjust" to those things!
    At least I want to get 1 or 2 buildings in position, and the gardens started right away!
    (But, I'm NOT paranoid, and neither am I!)

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7