Threats to the first Amendment.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by UGRev, Sep 14, 2010.

1. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Justice Stephen Breyer: Is Burning Koran 'Shouting Fire In A Crowded Theater?' - George Stephanopoulos' Bottom Line

Source: ABC News

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I wonder how he thinks about flag burning or bible burning, or effigy burning, or bra burning. Too much gray, methinks.

"Rickety system" indeed. I wonder also how he would streamline it.

3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

The system is easy to streamline.. but it would take a lot of pissed off Americans with black clicky things that go bang.

4. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

Here's the thing, I'm a full time student of journalism at an "online university", I'm doing this because I love my country. I want common everyday joe public to have a voice. They win Gentlemen We loose this website, point blank. They will Take away our rights to everything, Our freedom of speech, our freedom of religion, Our right to bear arms. Everything, Absolutly everything that we have worked for. We will loose our right to speak.

5. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

we no loner have free speach... we have freemarket speach.... if you have enough money/buy enough advertising they will print anything...

6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Now being on my 9th computer in only the past 5 years, has taught me a valuable "lesson" in free speech! It's not so free anymore!
    Seems IF you cross wherever "they" draw the "line" you'll lose!
    At first I thought it was the computers...then after having a couple of IT techs come to my home and check everything, I was told in no uncertain terms, I was being "shutdown" for a reason.
    It wasn't my mouth, it was my fingers that got me into a mess!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7