Through the eyes of a child

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Minuteman, Aug 28, 2021.

1. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

I have always loved seeing the world through the eyes of a child. Mine when they were young and now my grandkids. So I have to (shamelessly) share an incident recently.
    The daughter calls about 7 one night and has to tell us about the 2 1/2 yrs old granddaughter. Mom and Dad are on the couch watching TV, the grandbaby is on the floor playing. All the sudden she jumps up, points at the TV and says "Look Mama, its grandpa!" Mama is watching the TV to see what she is talking about. The scene changes and an actor comes on and the grandbaby says "See, right there, its grandpa." Mama explains that it is an actor in a movie and not grandpa. But the baby isn't having it. "That's grandpa mama!!" With the tone of, what's wrong with you?. So after a few minutes of back and forth, the child is still adamant, so mama gives up.
    Now I have to say that I can't, as much as I'd like to, claim a strong resemblance to this actor, but I am an old biker with long hair and a beard. And I'm pretty good size, 6'4". So I guess that was enough to convince grandaughter that was not Jason Mamoa on tv, that was grandpa! LOL!!
    My granddaughter thinks grandpa is Aquaman. And I'm cool with that!

Alf60, GOG, duane and 7 others like this.
  2. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

LOL! Well, it's better than some fairy looking, soft hands, weak knee dude like - well - I best keep my yap shut less I get in trouble.

But, hey! I think it rocks she thinks your Aquaman! I've been trying to convince my wife for years of my resemblance! LOL!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2021
    GOG, duane, SB21 and 3 others like this.
  3. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

In my dad's youth, he used to sneak out of the house late at night. Upon being caught by one of his younger brothers, he convinced the brother that he (dad) was Robin, and one of his older brothers was Batman, and the Two of them were going out to fight crime in Chicago!

GOG, SB21, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  4. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

I finally had had it with the grind and back breaking work in landscaping. But the biz was good to me. I sold out and figured I'd try something that a lot of my family and my wife's were dedicated to. Teaching. I scored a job as a kindergarden teacher. And a brand new view of the world opened up. I laughed everyday. Even the "bad" days. What a treat and priviledge.

GOG, duane, SB21 and 2 others like this.
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

That's awesome. I haven't had anything like that happen,, but my only little granddaughter,, at 2 1/2 ,, is just enjoyable to watch her at learning about the world, with her innocence. She'll run around,,and get fascinated , or curious about some things,, and if she likes them ,, she'll give them a little kiss ,, her little battery powered 4 wheeler ,, and just the other day ,, the box fan that helps keep us cool during the day.
    I wish that innocence could last forever,,,, as they say ,,, " out of the mouths of babes " .

Minuteman, GOG, BTPost and 2 others like this.
  6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Cannot wait for my new born grand son to start learning things!

Minuteman, BTPost, SB21 and 1 other person like this.
  7. duane

duane Monkey+++

I have often thought that God gave us two year olds to require us to step back and take a new view of the world around us. Try explaining to a two year old when he asks why some one is cruel, racist, ill, old, or any other of the hundreds of things that we tolerate every day. They have great difficulty taking "because" as an answer. Ended up with a stray puppy that way once. Until they are taught to conform to "our" ways they have no filter in their behavior or in their speech. Hang on, enjoy, teach them, and learn from them. Children and their proper up bringing are the reason that nature put us here and in the long run for most of us the only thing we will leave behind when we leave this world.

Minuteman, BTPost and Ura-Ki like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7