Time Pieces: What's On Your Wrist?

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Brokor, Jan 7, 2008.

1. NWPilgrim

NWPilgrim Monkey++

Seiko Kinetic Sport 200 for office, and Timex Ironman 100m for work and play. Picture is of slightly newer one but pretty close to my 10 year old one. I have replaced the band once (great guy on eBay selling Rolex Oyster replacements which fit this) and the capacitor for a battery once. Capacitor bonked after a few years and an Internet search found a nifty way to replace with a battery, no problems since. It has taken brutal punishment when I have neglected to swap it for the Casio G-Shock or the Timex Ironman. I am a believer in the 'sapphire mineral glass," it is very tough and ten years later has no scratches. The band is really the weakest part of the watch.

[​IMG]

2. S&P

S&P E&E w/AR

Suunto Core (changed to a black strap) baro, temp, altitude, depth, temp, compass, sunrise/sunset and data logging capability.
    102493BLACKORAN.
    102493BLACKORAN.

3. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

Citizen Eco Drive, Sun driven. No batteries needed. Glowing dial. Had it since 96. For ruff and tumble, I have a Swiss Army.

4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Mine is an el cheapo Timex digital. I found the better grade of digitals ($40 - $60) last no longer than this $18 unit. When the battery dies, the watch is pretty well shot too - the band is already unravelling, the outer casing is worn (lettering long gone), paint rubbed away showing bare plastic.
    I'm rough on watches - wear 'em in rain and shower, they get beaten and bashed. I do protect it from bug dope application - ruined a display once - DEET eats 'em like candy!
    I consider it as a 'consumable item'! Use it til it fails, then replace. When the hammer falls, the exact time will not be a priority.

5. BuckBall

BuckBall Woman Hater

I wear a simple, but not cheap by any means, swiss army. I don't care for all the bells and whistles that the diggies have, nor have more than one watch. Plus my watch doesn't stand out and considering my brother in law was mugged for his watch, well I love the low profile look.

6. Spank the Monkey

Spank the Monkey Monkey++

Luminox titanium. Only been underwater about 10 feet. Everything else you can imagine has happened to it (sans being shot) & it still works great. [clp]

7. toemag

toemag Monkey++

Casio G shock, one of the first ever made, bought it back in the 80's, great bit of kit as 20 years + of use all over the world as a soldier and then the last 10 or so as a civilian. It has even been back to the Casio factory once because the Jeweller who was changing the battery broke the casing, and then couldn't understand why I got so upset when he said he'd make me a special offer on a newer one. All in all That overhaul cost me GBP20, and I figure that it will serve me for the next 20 years +.

Those Traser H3 do look pretty though. I just don't have a good enough reason top go buy one. Okay one day I may get the I want one syndrome[ROFL].

Tony

8. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

For years I wore a Casio G-shock.... lasted forever and I am very very rough on stuff for a gal! lol :D

Once many moons ago ( in the beginning when hubbie wasn't my hubbie and we were out in the woods on a date ) I wondered what time it was & he would always look up @ the sky and be quite accurate. That was the 1st time I really thought about that, & had one of those realization moments.... (<-- about not really needing a watch).

Currently I don't have one, & don't care to either as most won't last.... Personally I hate shopping/don't like making "big business richer" by purchasing inferior products to perpetuate the moneymaking machine, if I can help it! ; )

~W~

[​IMG] http://nonais.org/

9. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

[​IMG]

Timex Reefgear. It has a temp reading, lap time, countdown timer, two alarms, two timezones, 12-24 hour, light when pressed, waterproof, screwy compass and some other stuff. Bought it at Ft. Knox for about $30 back in 2001. Still running through much abuse and crust. Haven't had to change the battery yet. I think I'm going to try and get another one as a back-up, just in case.

10. TenGrit

TenGrit Monkey++

[​IMG]

TAG Heuer Aquaracer Automatic
    WAB2010.BA0804

Sporty dial, luminescent hour markers. Date at 3 o’clock. Coloured TAG Heuer logo. Marking - AQUARACER 300 meters.
    Diamond-polished hands with polished facets and coated in a luminescent material for optimum readability and radiance. Red seconds hand with arrow for optimum readability.
    Case stamped in a solid block of stainless steel with a diameter of 41 mm.
    Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal.
    Unidirectional rotating bezel, oversized Arabic numerals and timer. SuperLuminova coated marker at 12 o’clock.
    Screw-in crown and caseback

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. andy

andy Monkey+++

some cheap thing i bought at the naval exchange before my last deplyment... i still have it, it runs, ya the band is kind'a dingy but it cost only 3$ [dunno] oh well...

12. bladefrenzy

bladefrenzy Monkey+++

RIght now a Suunto Xlander, just got it today from a trade. Still deciding if I like it or not. Usually a Citizen Auto Diver or a Gshock, both on Zulu bands.

13. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

I dont really bother with a watch when I am not in school. Just go by the general fel of the day. I am usually within 5-10 minutes. School time is Cell phone pocket watch time,

14. MaineSurvivor

MaineSurvivor Monkey++

Invicta #2302 Pro Diver Automatic with the copper dial.

Maine Survivor

15. Zombie Axe

Zombie Axe Thread Killer

[​IMG]

Marathon G-SAR is a great watch. I love Automatics! I also wear a Luminox Titanium Watch but ditched the band and upgraded the pins to the Marathon's beefier ones. I also prefer the Maratac Zulu nylon watch bands, so if a pin fails, your whole watch doesn't go bye bye :(

16. SuperTico

SuperTico Yawn !

Is the sun rising or setting ?
    I could care less.
    I'm up long before sunrise ( Or Hardy's
    BK/MicheyD's opening) and asleep within 1 hourafter sunset/

17. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Sorry guys I wear cheap, I did mechanical/hydraulic work; I wear em and break em,toss 'em away...

18. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

Casio WaveCeptor 3310. Solar powered, capacitor power storage for 6 months, NBST radio timeset, analog display w/digital insert, stopwatch & alarm, 100 meter water resistant. Not affected by shooting large caliber firearms. Looks cheap. [winkthumb]

19. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Now that sounds like a survival watch.

20. SuperTico

SuperTico Yawn !

Pocket only
    992B Hamilton
    My grandfathers.

1. enloopious
  2. timberwolf50
  3. CATO
  4. Yard Dart