Time Pieces: What's On Your Wrist?

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by Brokor, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Citizen titamium eco drive with sweep and hack

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have a submariner but usually wear my Tag

3. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Nothing on my wrist...

An Elgin pocketwatch made in 1897 in my pocket.

EMP-proof.

[beer]

4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

on my wrist, just hair. got a few cheap timex' hardly wear them. But we do have a sun dial around here somewhere. My dad made it for me many moons ago.

5. MasterDuf58

MasterDuf58 Monkey++

I have a couple I float through. I have a Citizen Ecodrive Chrono, a Luminox 3950 series (the band keepers broke, so it's in the drawer right now) I have a Freestyle chronograph and a Fossil that I wear if I "dress up". Most of the time it's the Luminox or the citizen though.

6. grahm

grahm Monkey+

G-Shock with a 10 year battery. Cheap (Wal-Mart $46), acurate, reliable. Waht else do you need?

7. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

El cheapo Armitron Black plated stainless watch. Worn it for over 10 years, changed the battery once. Keeps +/- 30 seconds a year time (set against an atomic clock). Analog date, so every short month (less than 31 days) I have to advance the date to the 1st. No big deal, works for me and if it gets destroyed, I'll buy a Tag next.

8. spud

spud Monkey++

I buy lightly used wind up watches off of EBAY. 10-20 bucks. Like other say no batteries, EMP proof and they work. Mostly pocket watches.

9. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

10. mage2

mage2 Monkey+++

Tried Timex, killed more than my share of timex ironmen. Now trying a G-shock, went to Macy's in the mall to get it(turns out that is the only store i could find that had a selection) So far its doing well, we will see.

11. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

GMT Master II
    rolex.

Brokor likes this.
  12. REA

REA Monkey

Marathon CSAR, purchased without manual, does anyone have a manual on PDF?

13. Marco Montana

Marco Montana Monkey+

14. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

I used the Seiko 5 automatic 21 jewel. Because it is an automatic is is truely EMP proof and brings me my time fairly accuratly at a price point of $63.

I am also going to pick up a Timex Expedition/Compass when I have the extra cash.

But if I had the money I would go with an Omega Seamaster...no better quality watch for the money.

IMHO

15. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

USMC issue Hamilton GG-W-113.

HD

16. Smitty

Smitty Monkey+

Citizen EcoDrive

Smitty

17. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Freestyle Hammerhead.

200m rating. I've only had it to 110 feet, though. In the pool plenty when I swim laps.

I've had it for about 8 years, three battery changes, and worn daily. The only thing I've noticed about it is that it doesn't like welding sparks, as they marr the crystal. The bezel is higher than the crystal, so it takes all the hits.

Freestyle used to have a great no hassle warranty, but I guess it cost them too much and they don't honor it anymore. I haven't had a problem with this watch yet, and if I ever need to, I would replace it with another Hammerhead.

18. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Well, someone liked my watch more then me, on the hunt for a replacement.
    [beat]

19. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Brokor likes this.
  20. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You must have been Sleeping, or Unconscious, Quig, I can't imagine that anyone would actually try and take it from you, while you were awake.....[dunno]

1. enloopious
  2. timberwolf50
  3. CATO
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Jeff Brackett
  6. mage2
  7. melbo
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7