Tired of high gasoline prices?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonas Parker, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Jonas Parker

Jonas Parker Hooligan

Then do something about them!

Log onto http://www.oilsolution.org/index.php and read, then send as letter or e-mail to your senators and congress-critters. The American people stopped amnesty for illegal aliens. Let's see if we can stir the pot again. Remember, this IS an election year!

Dear Sen Cornyn:

We are deeply concerned about our dependence on foreign oil and the consequences we are facing as a nation for this dependence. We are also concerned that you, as our senator, have done nothing to alleviate this situation. Fortunately, you are up for re-election this year, so we will closely watch your actions between now and November.

The current oil price crisis is adversely affecting each and every American, our family included.

It is time for action. Here are the steps we would like to see taken immediately to save us from even higher fuel costs.

1.) DRILL FOR OIL NOW! Approve fast-track legislation to begin extracting oil and natural gas from the ANWR, the OCS and deep waters in the Gulf of Mexico, thus reducing foreign dependence.

2.) REFINE OIL NOW! Approve fast-track legislation to build at least four new, strategically placed oil refineries throughout the U.S. along with building new pipeline infrastructure to deliver finished product.

3.) STRONG DOLLAR NOW! The federal government must freeze new spending and reduce our $9.4 trillion national debt and deficits. This action will immediately strengthen the dollar and help reduce inflation.

Thank you in advance for your efforts on our behalf.

Sincerely,

Mr. & Mrs Jonas Parker

2. slots

slots Monkey+++

Unfortunatly oil is a global commodity, and a global problem with global prices.
    You can vote for whom you like, it won't change the price.
    I can't imagine prices ever going down on a permanent basis from now on...

3. CBMS

CBMS Looking for a safe place

Didnt they say that in the 70s?
    It did come down too.
    The supply demand will balance eachother out eventually, or a new type of fuel will be used. Soo Folks I dont think this is the end of the world as we know it, rather it is going to just cause a mass shift in power and socioeconomic spending and awareness.

4. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

If I remember correctly one of the reasons that gas prices, first diesel then gas came down during the 70's was because the truckers shut down. All of them. there wasn't a rig running and after about a week when the stores started to run short of supplies they started to complain to the feds who eventually stepped in and took over. Not saying that it's right but thats how they did get it.

Take care Be safe Poacher

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Part of the reason the truckers went off the road was organized drivers. I was moving from PA to WY at the time, my driver was shot at on the PA pike. He pulled off the road. It was a week later he was able to continue after things were settled down a bit.

6. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I just started canning my farts so I can cut down on spending money for liquid gas. Now I need one of those methane/propane powered vehicles. I am eating lots of beans and am getting ready to permanently stick a hose up my ass so I can "dig a gas well". Its much better than getting ****ed at the pump!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7