1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

To all the authors that post Original Work

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by Tully Mars, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey Site Supporter+

I have read a couple of the stories here, and am working on the rest. Which is NOT making me popular with the wife-seems I've been spending to much time reading and waking her up when I turn off the 'puter at 03:00 ;) I just finished an audio book by a popular author of survival fiction, and while it was OK, it was mainly a rehash of a previous book IMO. The stuff I'm reading here is REALLY good! Good enough to keep my @ss up TIL 3 am because I can't put it down good. I hit the "likes" on every page, or try to, but felt compelled to post this to all of you. GREAT STUFF and I hope to see more in the future. While I admire your talents, I am envious of them as well :) Thanks again to all of you for taking all the time to share with the rest of us your talents.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I would have to agree. Problem I have is once I start a book, I will read it through, then I get behind on current events and posts. I have, in fact, been avoiding the reading room for a while, because you folks keep cranking them out so quickly. Each time I clear water from the last one, there is another calling to me.
    VikingRaider and chelloveck like this.
  3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

I am also a reading room addict!
    Sapper John likes this.
  4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey++

I'm recovering from a minor surgery so I've been able to read until I fall asleep, regardless of the hour. My favorite part of any original work is the END. Having a really great story that ends suddenly has been my only regret with online books that are in progress as I'm reading. I understand that life happens, and the author has probably just been distracted, but losing a wonderful story line in the middle is like losing a friend.

I have been reading everything I can get my hands on for decades, and having books-in-progress to read just makes me that much better of a cheer leader. The cheer here should be a take on the old "Go, Fight, Win" cheer.

"Go, Write, Publish!"

VikingRaider and Motomom34 like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Moderator Moderator Site Supporter++

I also want to say thank you to all the authors that share their work with us Monkeys. I truly appreciate it. The waiting for the next chapter is hard at times but always worth it.
    44044, VikingRaider and chelloveck like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary