1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by wrc223, Oct 9, 2011.

1. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

Well, I can safely say I dont want to deal with another tomato for a few months anyway. I canned 175 jars of tomato sauce.
    I started w/ tomatoes from the garden. I boiled them for a few minutes and tossed them into ice water. Once the skin popped I pulled it off and tossed the tomato in the pot. I added some dried oregano, cilantro, basil, and bay leaf. Then I put dehydrated garlic from the garden in. Let the whole mix cook down for a couple hours. Canned it and set it on the counter to cool. Of course I did not do all 175 at once but over the course of the past month.
    Render down some ground venison with some evoo and chopped onions then add a jar of sauce. Cook some home made pasta and sit back and enjoy the snow bound power outage in the middle of February. The wind is blowing producing a wind chill of -15, the power is out, snow is falling at 2"/hour and is predicted to continue for the next 6-8 hours, county has shut down all roads, and we are sittin back with fresh pasta a house pumpin along at 78 degrees on the first floor and a happy little family playin games by lantern light.
    All this joy brought to you by a tomato.
    STANGF150 and Cephus like this.
  2. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

Sadly I didnt get but one sad little to-mater before the drought we had this year did them in... same drought the hit Texas also got OK and my corner of Southeast Kansas...

to bad to cause I found a ram recipe I was dying to try out
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary