Topic of the Month Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Sep 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

[winkthumb][fnny][hrt][ROFL]

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Don't laugh. Sunburn is a serious problem in the winter. Any exposed skin will be susceptible. (I don't advocate sunbathing in bikinis --)

Motomom34, Brokor and AD1 like this.
  3. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

OK, let me see if I have this straight. Motomom's gonna start a topic on sunbathing in winter while practicing self defense until she hurts herself and needs quick clot and first aid, and in the process she rips her clothes, then Bokor's gonna sew them up. Right??? :p

Kajun

Motomom34, Brokor, 3M-TA3 and 3 others like this.
  4. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Pretty much sums it up

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

you forgot the winter fashion show @TXKajun
    :p

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

[banplz] [fart]

7. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

And not a drop of rain [own2]

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Oh I like that.....[lolol][banghead]

AD1 likes this.
  9. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Took the wife to the Yankee Peddler Festival this weekend. Gun-free zone of course. One of the first vendor huts I came across had walking sticks and I bought one that had a compass embedded in the top. While some would feel "disarmed" without a firearm, I now had a walking stick, my knife, my belt & buckle, my boots...and of course my brains that held the knowledge of how to use each effectively as a weapon. I think personal defense without a firearm and weapons of opportunity would be great topics. While I would obviously prefer to have a firearm, both reality and Murphy dictate that there will be times when we will not have one available.

Motomom34, Yard Dart, AD1 and 2 others like this.
  10. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Did they have metal detectors or hand wands? If not I would have ignored the signs like I always do.

Motomom34, Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Can they legally declare a public space a gun free Zone?

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

They can declair anything they want..... We on the otherhand have a choice.

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I was speaking legally ... can they make it stick legally

AD1 and Motomom34 like this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@Ganado That all depends on the State Statutes, in place in the location of the event..... .GOV can declare anything they want, HOWEVER, once they are MADE to justify their Declaration, in Court, which will apply the State Statutes, as amended, many times they get bit in the Rear, by their own BS.... It all comes down to the State Statutes...

Motomom34, Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  15. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Technically I would say yes, they can make a public space a gun free zone. Courthouses, schools, government buildings are public... so it really is up to how the law is wrote in your area for specific public space definitions, in relation to gun free zones.

Out here there is a drive to make all business's gun free with cute little stickers on their doors in Seattle. The only thing they can do here, is trespass you, if they find out you are carrying and refuse to leave. We have several high rise buildings that we service that are gun free zones due to specific tenants in the building's (.gov) but I conceal carry anyways. If I am discovered to be armed... they can ask me to leave.... but if I am doing it right, they will never know.

AD1, Motomom34, Ganado and 1 other person like this.
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

:5s:
    cookie.

[LMAO]

AD1, Yard Dart and Ganado like this.
  17. chimo

They were sneaky...they had hawt broads showing a lot of cleavage giving hugs and patting you down.

AD1 and Motomom34 like this.
  18. chimo

private property

19. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

Same here. Unless there are metal detectors or wands, I am armed.

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  20. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

What I keep thinking of and can't find the references for it, is where a store can refuse service to anyone as long as they have posted that they can refuse service to anyone. So I was wondering if the same applies to gun free zone.

I understand yhe philosophy of 'make a choice and bear the consequences' I am trying to understand the consequences. .. always better to know where you stand than to guess.

On the other hand I could be exhibiting brain damage

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. DKR
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Dunerunner
  10. Motomom34
  11. Motomom34