TOTM January 2020 - Your Resolution

Discussion in 'Survival Topic of the Month' started by Dunerunner, Jan 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

It is the beginning of a new decade...

Merriam Webster defines Resolute as a decision marked by firm determination. I contend that any New Year Resolution should be bound by that same firm determination to accomplish or pursue such stated objectives in our lives. Whether it be getting into better shape, eating more responsibly, employing a plan toward financial independence, or getting our preps in order; what have you resolved to do in the coming year.

For me...

I want to complete a 5K within the year
    I want to better organize my preps into degrees of criticality. Long term, short term, quick bug out, etc.
    I want to get my domicile into shape, sand and renew the decks, caulk and repaint, moss treat the roof, that kind of thing.
    I want to get my boat onto the lake this year or into the river and do some fishing.
    I want to get to the range more than once like last year.
    I want to do some camping....

2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Work out and get back into GOOD shape, right now, Round is the shape!
    Shoot weekly, get my pistol skills back to snuff
    Swim more

Tully Mars, oldawg and Dunerunner like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

LOOSE about 30#
    Thinking about getting into the rental property business to generate a little income as a supplement to my S.S.

oldawg, RightHand and Dunerunner like this.
  4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I need to get back on the Primal diet and exercise plan. Started last night. Threw away the last of the leftover cake, got a good nights sleep and started my day with a weigh-in, hit the weights for arms and shoulders, did some pullups, and spent the afternoon washing the house and shed with bleach to get the summers mildew growth off the siding. House looks like new and I got lots of ladder climbing in.

Recording everything daily in a planner, so I can stay on track.

My goal is 165 from my starting point today of 191. I know it's possible, since I was there for years before I blew out my knee and stopped doing my weekly sprints. I've added twelve pounds since Thanksgiving and have aches and pains that I'd forgotten about.

Miniere's disease is my biggest concern, and I spent the 29th laid out on the floor for 24 hours while the room was spinning.
    Threw up every time I got up, and didn't eat anything for two days. If I can control this with diet and rest, I'll be very happy.

5. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Live another year. Oh yeah see libs faces when President Trump wins again in Nov.

john316, Tempstar, Tully Mars and 7 others like this.
  6. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Not too many...stay alive and healthy, add some more solar capacity...that's about it.

Maybe see about WAS cert. (worked all states, for non-hams :) )

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Not really making resolutions ,, just things I want try and get done . For one , my daughter will be moving back in soon , with a baby , about 1 yr old little girl . This will be an adjustment in progress . But kind of looking forward to it so I can try and get my daughter back to the way we were when I was raising her , and hoping it'll stick , not full out prepping , but just being more aware , and being prepared . And get her back to fishing , and shooting and cleaning our game . And If they stick around long enough , I can start teaching the little girl the same things just as I did her mom growing up . Get them from being so dependent on store bought stuff , and away from the thought process of these average millennial puppies .
    Then , seeing's how the economy may keep doing well , I'm wanting to start building a few starter homes and sell them on my own , and possibly build a few small ones for rental income . Homes are selling quick around here ,and affordable ones sell especially fast . If I get 1 or 2 investors to help out ,, after a few , I could do my own and pocket all the profits , and still do some with investors if they want to . I've already got 1 investor lined up , we've just got to wait for about 4 months , so in the meantime , I'm going to go ahead and start buying a few lots .
    That's the plan . We'll see if it works out later in the year . Good luck all on your aspirations .

Gator 45/70, oldawg and Dunerunner like this.
  8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

No real resolutions for me but I do like to look at what went wrong last year so I can try to not to repeat this year and try do do more of the things that came out right. The older I get the less likely I am to change thus no resolutions just try harder to keep things going in the right direction. Love more and live more.

9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

What the, ANOTHER ONE??
    Well shit.
    Well I ain't as old as @ghrit, but I ain't as purdy as @RightHand neither.
    Guess that puts me somewhere in the line with Bruce-BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    All kidding aside, I don't do NY's resolutions. That said;
    Wife SAYS I WILL upgrade the back deck, swimming pool and hot tub. WILL convert the outdoor shower to solar.
    Wife SAYS I WILL extend the shooting range to 400 yrds and make a special 25yrd range for Piglet-her name for our Grandson.
    Wife SAYS I WILL get the rest of the property cleared and the wet sections set up with French drains.
    Wife SAYS I WILL convert the back up well to solar power...

So while I personally do not believe in New Years Resolutions, it would appear that I will be rather busy this year....

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

One resolution and one only. Get even with tully.
    With all the resolutions I've made, a few actually were fulfilled. Damn few. Most made after downing the midnight swig.

Sounds like wifey considers you a flob.

11. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

P*ss off as many liberal democrats as I can. That's it. Shouldn't be hard.

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Get a DD started on a form 1.

Dunerunner and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. Godzilla

Godzilla Monkey++

Make it all the way through a 6 pack without falling asleep!

Dunerunner, Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  14. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

My resolution.....hmmmm
    Continue to remodel the new homestead and to create a great garden area.
    Eventually adding in livestock, maybe this year....but more likely next...time will tell.

Tully Mars and Dunerunner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7