TOTM July 2019 - What Does the 4th of July Mean to you

Discussion in 'Survival Topic of the Month' started by Dunerunner, Jul 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

To me...

The 4th gives me more encouragement to reflect upon the struggle endured by our Founding Fathers and, those who supported the Revolution; for individual liberty and freedom. It was not hot dogs and fireworks for them, it was life and death. They pledged their lives, liberty and sacred honor... I cannot question whether I should do any less to protect the freedom they so earnestly believed in.

Alf60, Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and 5 others like this.
  2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..." -The Declaration of Independence
    Declaration of Independence (with explanation)

3. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

"That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..." -The Declaration of Independence

As long as it's recognized that most attempts to alter or abolish will be met with the utmost resistance by the existing Form of Government. In 1776, we had the face of a king to lay complaint upon. Today, our govt consists of a few political faces for a public 'dog & pony' show, but many more nameless, faceless bureaucrats that labor for an insidious group of corporations/rich individuals that have taken representation from the people and transferred slowly, quietly, behind the curtain, to their own interests.

How we regain our independence from them is beyond me. The attempt in 1861, when those interests were far less powerful and interwoven, was met with overwhelming, crushing, armed resistance and the reminder to this day, routinely routed by school children in the form of a 'pledge', that we are "ONE nation....INDIVISIBLE (as in I pledge not to ever try that 1776 thing again)....with liberty and justice for all"(to the extent allowed)........

Sorry...I get a little sad on the 4th for the lost ideals and sacrifices of our ancestors that we have allowed to be taken from us.

Gator 45/70, Ganado, Bandit99 and 4 others like this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

I listen to this ever day this is what it means to me.

5. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Well done Bishop. Everyone in this country should be required to watch this. Especially the politicians.

Gator 45/70 and tacmotusn like this.
  6. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

This one is a two parter for me.
    1. It's the day we lost the war.
    2. It's the start of the US saying we are not going to be told how to live, and an sobering reminder of the cost of liberty.

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  7. Brokor

Obviously, no tyrant has ever abdicated due to peaceful protest. It matters not who sits in the White House, nor who fills the rows of seats in any legislature. This 'government' has become fully vested in corporate doctrine, and there's no telling the two apart. You know what this means, and I know what this means. There's blood on the horizon, and the tree of liberty shall quench its thirst yet again.

8. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Therein lays the problem I have trying to answer the question as to what the Fourth means to me. In wayback times, the day was for remembrance, patriotism and meaningful flag waving as well as celebratory parades with meaningful participation, food and fellowship. Now, seems to be food and arguments. Where's the meanings in that other than leading to fat shaming?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

A reminder of how far down the toilet America has gone. NIKE it seems recently pulled these shoes because they are controversial and have racist symbolism adorning them. They feared the trainers would damage the brand with its 18-34 year old customers. Yep way down that toilet.

_107735982__107713410_nikebetsyrosstrainers.

10. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

How's that double gas tax workin' out for ya, T5R?
    Packing up yet ?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

The 4th has always been my favorite holiday. It is truly there only holiday that I actually celebrate. No presents to purchase for ingrates, no family coming from all over and over-staying their welcome, no religious crap to get everyone all stirred up, no Halmark commercials. On the other hand, you have BBQ, watermelon, beer, good friends, fireworks, and you are celebrating Independence. What more could you ask of a holiday? My first wife and I were married on the 4th of July and even that foul taste in my memory has never dampened my enthusiasm for my favorite holiday. Last year, my daughter, the only good product of that marriage, died of a heroin over-dose. I have not had a good week, having had to put my beloved puppy, Maggie, down due to cancer. I have contempt for anyone that mourns just because of a calendar date and thought it beneath me but I just can't seem to find anything about today that I want to participate in. I have the thought in the back of my mind that her dying while in a rehab program and staying clean for the past two years, the 4th was a message to me and I no longer have a favorite holiday. My flag now flies at half-mast, Liberty is a bad joke, and even the watermelons are mealy.

Gator 45/70 and Ganado like this.
  12. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

The double gas tax is painful already. the stupid ass bag tax is annoying and I refuse to collect it or pay it. Smoke tax went up $1 per pack. Most business Fees are doubling, license plates going way up, drivers licenses going way up, corporate fees to the sec of state going way up, property taxes going way up, sales taxes across the board going up, Prickster still wants a per mile driven tax on top of the fuel taxes. Common terms heard in IL "Its a TAX MASSACRE" and " TAXED TO THE MAX" Oh and the $15 minimum wage is just wonderful. Saw last night that IL in the first 6 months of 2019 had a net loss of 45,000 residents. That was before all of the new and increased taxes and fees. I am betting we lose 120,000+ by the end of the year. We are without question losing one congressional district and most likely 2........... that is a good thing though as it takes a couple leftist out of Washington.

Still have to wait another 6-8 Months before we can move. I am torn though, I love my land, my farm, 21 years of building a successful business and developing a large and loyal customer base. Moving ain't just packing up and leaving for greener pastures for me :( That being said many of my customers have moved and many more are planning on moving over the next year. And to be honest I have no interest in serving the leftist stool samples that are replacing the customers that have already fled the state. It is almost like there is a planned demographic change where Chicago stains are relocating to SI and replacing the native population. Seems like every 3rd person you talk to now days "Recently Moved Here From Chicago" and of course they are either trust fund babies or welfare recipients. So yeah despite everything I am most likely going to move to the new place, bought it about a year ago 180 acres bordered on 3 sides by National forest and the front at the dead end of a county road. Closest neighbor is 9 miles away, closest town over 5000 people is 50 miles away. Not perfect but I can make it work OH and a tax burden that is about 65% less than IL.

13. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I'm honored to be a citizen of the United States of America.

I celebrate Independence Day every day, and on the Fourth of July everybody joins me, and we don't have to call the gas company before we light a fuse.

july 4.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
  14. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  15. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

This year the fourth is the Day After a vet came home to die from complication of the Vietnam War.
    He came in contact with agent orange in 1970.
    Thirity three years later he had major surgery.
    Now his time is about up due to rejection to the organs transplanted before.
    On the 3rd he received a great BBQ Dinner as a Token of our appreciation for his service.
    We will see him again and make sure his family is taken care of.
    It was a great 4th all around, let no man be left behind.

16. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

There are 34 framed photos on our dining room wall, photos of brave young immigrant men in the uniforms of this nation who have served, bled and died for this great country! The 4th is our day to celebrate we who served and guaranteed freedom would endure no matter the cost, a freedom my family has paid for in blood! No one can ever take that from us, that is guaranteed!
    Memorial day is the day we remember, the 4th is the day we celebrate!

hot diggity, Gator 45/70 and ghrit like this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Cruisin Sloth and Ura-Ki like this.
  18. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Mike Rowe said it well also .
    Have a safe 4,5,6&7 Weekend folks
    Sloth

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

What does the 4th of July mean to me?

I refuse to answer this on the grounds it may incriminate me... Happy 4th to all!

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. Brokor

I'm pretty sure the anniversary of America's Independence Day isn't about the military industrial complex, veterans, MIA, honored fallen soldiers, the Pentagon, mission accomplished bullshit.
    The founders of this dried out husk for a republic would have choked on the air they were breathing, fallen dead on the spot from shock to find what has become of this land. They never supported a standing army of any kind, and only after great arm pulling did they ever give warrant for a standing navy. Seriously, people really ought to deprogram themselves because this Orwellian nightmare is just getting started. That flag isn't what you think it is. Those soldiers are not fighting for freedom. Wake up.

TnAndy, Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  1. oil pan 4
  2. Motomom34
  3. Ganado
  4. Benjamin A. Wood
  5. Ganado
  6. Dont
  7. Motomom34
  8. DKR
  9. Motomom34
  10. Yard Dart
  11. GhostX
  12. Mortimer Adler Moose
    Thread

Oligarchy!

[ATTACH]
    Thread by: Mortimer Adler Moose, Aug 25, 2016, 18 replies, in forum: Freedom and Liberty
  13. Yard Dart
  14. Yard Dart
  15. Yard Dart
  16. Yard Dart
  17. marlas1too
  18. Dont
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7