TOTM May 2020 - Local Butcher

Discussion in 'Survival Topic of the Month' started by Dunerunner, May 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I helped butcher 6 hogs one day back when I was around 10-12 years old ,, after butchering all kinds of other game , and what little bit I can remember from about 50 years ago , I believe I could butcher one , might be as pretty as TnAndy there , but If I could get ahold of a hog , I'd sure give it a shot again .

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

What a nice operation you have. And the meat looks delicious. Camping at Knob Creek some years back, VisuTrac brought us some of his own pork chops and did we ever feast on those

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Good times!

Gator 45/70 and RightHand like this.
  4. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

My parents had a small meat processing plant back in the 1970s and 80s. They processed beef, pork, and deer, and sold meat wholesale and retail. For a time they had a contract to supply meat to all of the Wendy's Hamburger restaurants in north Alabama. Then in the early 80's customer demographics changed, fewer people were having steers and hogs slaughtered for their freezers, and more people were buying their meat at the supermarkets, and then Wendy's went with a larger national supplier. They sold the business in 1985 and opened another unrelated business, which had a 30 year run. I miss that place, and almost 2/3rds. of the employees were family.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  1. Gator 45/70
  2. OlDiceGames
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Prepsteader13
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Alanaana
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner