Tracer rounds at the range?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mindgrinder, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Who EVER heard of using flammable materials as a Range BackStop.... That is JUST NUTS.... What was the guy, who designed that place, THINKING?
    Inquiring Minds, want to know.......@ghrit

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

The @ feature doesn't seem to be working. But tracers will fragment and spray around if not completely burned on the way down range; maybe got into the structure.

ETA: @ does work, it was in latency when I saw this thread.

4. Mindgrinder

Thought u guys would get a kick outta that...

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Using Flammable Materials that are NOT adequately covered by either Sand, or Steel in a Range Backstop is just NUTS... Might just as well use Tannerite and just blow it up right off... And be done with it...

6. Mindgrinder

I could see something like this happening in Florida...
    But Texas?
    C'mon now...

7. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

our range allows tracers and tannerite but outlawed .50 BMGs because some idiot kept shooting the target posts and range markers.

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

There are two ways my club knows about for fire starting, one is tracers, the other is MN m44s from prone. One is down range, the other is in your face. (We have charred some weeds with Tannerite, but they didn't flame up.)

9. Akheloce

Akheloce Monkey++

I remember several times at the range on ft Richardson where we had to break down the 5-1 tracers since we started grass fires. That just left hundreds of tracer rounds to become "unaccounted for". The first year we started a fire, we had to run back to the airfield, grab a blackhawk, and use the water bucket to put it out.

10. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

One thing I've remembered from when I served is tracers are great for those times when you really need to burn the crap out of something.

11. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

OH NO! NOT THE ASSAULT RIFLES! THEY CAN'T DO ANY ASSAULTING IF THEY ARE BURNSDED!

f-the-ring.

gunbunny likes this.
  12. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

CLASSIC [bestpost]

as a side note, I wonder how long it will be until they show up on gunbroker for $1000-1500... [lolol]

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7