TrackingPoint Scope

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Mountainman, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Look interesting but there is no mention of hitting moving targets or windage allowance and I can't wait to see the scope/rifle setup price!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. at99sy

at99sy Monkey

only 232 yds? I can hit golf-balls at that range with my setup. Looks like a neat device but how about out beyond 5-600yds and I agree..what about windage and will the tracking follow a moving target?

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

That is pretty neat !

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Judging by the size of the "dot;" targets smaller than the dot would be hidden by it. Many "red dot" optics have the same problem when the dot is bigger than the bullseye.

Doping wind is a whole other ball of wax.

What kind of set up?

6. at99sy

at99sy Monkey

Check out my avatar pic. It's a Savage F/TR .308 single bolt w/Weaver 36X scope. Shoots under 1/2MOA at 100yds and I have pulled under1MOA at 300 using 168gr BTHP.

So I just looked up the costs on these guns systems. presale prices around $16K-$19K. I can buy an amazing arsenal for that kind of money. But still a pretty neat concept.
    cheers
    sy

7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Thanks, I couldn't tell by the avatar.

My Tikka M-595 in 308 is sub .5 MOA using 168gr BTHP. Not as tight as my 7x300 but for a factory rifle the Tikka is sweet. As I use the mil dot system for drop and drift, I'm old fashioned.

8. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

I can consistantly hit a paper plate with a M/N 91/30 in 7,62x54R with iron sights.
    gun cost 90 bucks.

so for 16k I could get
    100 rifles (91/30's)
    and 70 case of ammo (spam cans at 440rds each) or a total of nearly 31000 rounds.

Even though it's a really interesting concept, I'm thinking this might be reserved to a nation state or a lottery winner.

9. at99sy

at99sy Monkey

Yep! I think I would rather have 10 people well outfitted with me than just me and one of these Trackingpoints. But they are pretty neat! lol

10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

The scope / rifle system drives home one very important lesson. Keep Frickin' Moving!

I think one would not want to anywhere along the trajectory from the muzzle to the locked point. Exit stage right, then forward, jog to the left and then right again

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7