"Treat cars like guns" (it's a trap)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Apr 27, 2023.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

When they say "let's treat guns like cars":
    Ssssuuuuurrrrrrrrreeeeeeee.
    Actually if you think about it, it's not that bad.
    Remember...
    The government doesn't get to just take someones cars away because of heresy.
    If you get arrested while driving your car normally you can get it back no problem and you have to do something pretty stupid to get that car and only that car taken away.
    Anyone can buy as many cars as they want, off the internet with no background check and have them delivered straight to your door.
    Every car comes with a muffler.
    You are not required to store you car in a locked garage with all the fuel drained out....
    You can buy any car you want, that was made at any time, almost from any country and if you can't find the car you want you can reproduce or clone it to the best of your ability or simply pay someone else to do it.
    If your car stays on our property, usually there is no requirement for registration, tag, insurance, inspection, or other bs.
    Criminal background does not hinder ones ability to buy any kind of or as many cars they want.
    Generally you can modify your car how ever you want, to go faster, look cooler or gayer as long as you don't make it too loud.
    I bought my first car when I was 14 and that was totally legal.
    If you do go out on to public roads..........
    Your car and license can be used in all 50 states and Washington DC.
    Licenses are given out on the spot to anyone over the age of 16, after passing a simple test for a very minimal fee.
    I find those terms acceptable.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2023
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

A right cannot be taxed or licensed.
    The rest sounded pretty good

Cruisin Sloth, duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

We already pay sales tax on guns, gun parts and ammo, ammo components.

duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

Ironically, the states, once they figured out what a money maker issuing driver's licenses was, stopped caring whether people could actually drive or not. Think about it. Every aspect of driving a car, from fees (licensing, registration, etc) to taxes (purchasing car, gasoline, maintenance & repairs, etc), to punishment (tickets, etc), THE STATE MAKES MONEY ON. :eek:

And have you SEEN the "quality" of today's younger drivers?? o_O:rolleyes:

Bandit99 likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Young drivers are dumb, but they don't intentionally do stupid stuff like Massachusetts drivers.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2023
    mysterymet likes this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Or Utah drivers… They are really terrible…

7. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I don’t ever want to compare a Constitutionally guaranteed right to a privilege….

8. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I have been to Utah, noting compared to mass.

Zimmy likes this.
  9. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Beat them with their own stupid game.

Dunerunner likes this.
  10. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

So treat the 1A like they treat the 2A. License and register all journalists. Make news media liable for inciting violence, promoting criminal activity and supporting politicians who are soft on crime. Register and tax every IO device used to produce journalistic product. Require permits, fingerprinting and background checks for all journalists. And all the other shit they think up to infringe on the 2A!!!

mysterymet, jim2 and OldDude49 like this.
  11. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

YES! Have been saying this for years.

OldDude49 and Dunerunner like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7