Tree Stand For Sale

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Gator 45/70, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Climbing tree stand for sale

As you can see in the picture it really gripes and locks on!!!

Bring chainsaw

$100.00

IMAG01599.

Motomom34, oldman11, techsar and 3 others like this.
  2. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

I think I left one in Marshall Texas in 1995. That could be it.

Motomom34, SB21, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Careless, thoughtless, idiots... Who would do that to a tree? A tree that size takes almost a full lifetime to grow and this damn silly thing which is completely useless and done by someone that was too lazy to remove it, is killing it or, at the very least, making it susceptible to disease so it will die anyway. These A-holes need to be sent to sandbox or rockpile where they could breath dust 24/7, see nothing but brown, and smell only camel or sheep dung then perhaps they would respect and appreciate the beauty of a simple tree. A-holes!

SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  4. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Chances are it was probably stolen years ago and the thief just walked off and left it

SB21, 3cyl and sec_monkey like this.
  5. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

a metal cuttin hacksaw or power tool with metal cuttin capabilities should be able to take care of that (y) (y)

the tree might not make it though :( :(

Gator 45/70, SB21 and Zimmy like this.
  6. duane

duane Monkey+++

And you still ask why private land gets posted. Most I know now has no hunting without permission just because of people shooting and leaving small deer, leaving up tree stands, baiting, etc.

Gator 45/70, SB21, 3cyl and 1 other person like this.
  7. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

Mine got lost when the landowner sold the acreage and the new owner wouldn't let us back on the place. Supposedly a letter had been sent but none of us got one.

I hope his tree died hard then fell and crippled 27 others on the way down.

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I found one on my Dads property a few years before he died , it hadn't been attached to the tree as long as that one , but it was on its way .

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Those poachers are some real tools.
    I've found over the years a lot of trash they just throw down like pop cans empty chip bag's,Shell casings.
    Even the legs on the feeder were shot up one year.
    BIL has had his feeder even stolen.

oldman11, sec_monkey and SB21 like this.
  10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

On our hunting lease, there were just five of us in our group, allowed on the property. One season we had a tree stand and game camera stolen by poachers. Later I found the tree stand hidden by a gate. Wouldn't have found it if I hadn't stopped to take a wizz. :D
    We ended up getting a description of the truck on our lease, and the SD ended up arresting the perp, finding a lot of stolen hunting gear at his home. Sadly my buddy never got his game cam back. But we did stop that guy from stealing again.

Bandit99, oldman11, ghrit and 3 others like this.
  11. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

IMG_1606.JPG
    Hack it off & leave the metal in the bark & timber where it is . Cover any open bare spots with spray undercoating tar based (NON paint able) . I scar the odd 300 year old tree here & just do a black bandage , it's gone in a few years and the tree grows around the metal or my scar from hitting it with a tractor .. . IMG_1604.JPG then again , my chainsaws are the last trim .
    Sloth

IMG_1606.JPG

12. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Cruisin Sloth Yes, that would work. I also use some tar based Sealer to seal breaks, broken branches, cuts, etc. on some of my White Fir around here because they are so pretty and I want to keep them around for many years. Just remember there is metal in the tree if you ever have to cut it or one would be in for a big surprise. LOL!

EDIT: BTW that is a hell'va nice tractor and I especially like the Grappler you got on the front to pick up the tree and/or a pile of its branches. That would certainly help me around here and I got to get me one.

sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

One issue that is mostly overlooked, unless you have ever worked in the SawMill.... If you let chop of the external metal and seal up the bark, Down the Road when the tree dies, or get cut down, and someone tries to make Lumber out of it, the SawBlade hitting the embedded Metal, is like a Grenade going off in the new vicinity... In my younger days I worked for a Millwright here in Alaska, and most of his Logs came from the trees around the Excursion Inlet, Alaska WWII Military Base... They used as Power and Phone Poles and to hang things from, and many, many Spikes, Nails, Signs, and other metal embedded into the Wood because they were left when the Base Closed after the war... Super Dangerous when the Circular SawBlade hit them... The guy even checked the Logs with Metal Detector before Milling, and even then he didn't Ident the embedded Metal in all of them.... My experience YMMV....

Bandit99, sec_monkey and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Same here, We once had a contract to cut pine at old Camp Beauregard,Problem was it was part of the WW II practice gun range and full on projectiles from years ago, Saw mill sent out a guy with a metal detector in which we had to cut out the slugs!

Bandit99 and sec_monkey like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7