Tritium nights

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Bandit99, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I am on search for new nights for my 2nd Glock 19.

I purchased TruGlo TFX PRO and love it the rear sight and the bright orange fiber front but IMHO I found the front tritium to be not big enough and not bright enough at night. The rears are great so...

I look at XS Big iDOT but was told that the tritium is a standard size also, the white dot is just bigger.

I am looking at Ameriglo which honestly looks exactly like the Truglo but uses the iDot system - meaning - one rear sight.

Question: Are all tritium sights a standard size? Anybody have any experience with XS Big iDot and/or Ameriglo?

GOG likes this.
  2. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Never thought about it, but all of 'em I ever had was about the same size dot. I'm using Meprolight on one and I don't remember what on another and they are indeed both the same size dot. Gonna check the one at work in the morning.

3. AD1

AD1 Monkey+++

I use the TruGlo TFO's and love them. Daylight or dark they work for me.

The fiberoptic tubes mark day or night competition under lights are fantastic.

GOG likes this.
  4. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I run Ameriglo Hackathornes on my pistols. Never did see the point of anything but black on my rear sight.

5. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Our issue (G22/23/27) and my personal G17 all have Glock factory front tritium sights, rear are Glock steel jobbies. I have great results just concentrating on that front dot and not trying to be all precise and lining up three little glowing dots in the dark.

6. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Just to closed the loop on this thread. I did purchase a XS Big Dot and was really disappointed so much so that I sent them back for a refund. However, I do think I had a defective unit because the tritium was dull. I lined them up with two other sets of tritium sights and they were much duller than those, like they were 10-15 years old. The Big White Dot actually does help you get on target a bit faster but I still think the TruGlo is much better so...So, I sent them back and will purchase another set of TrueGlo FTX Pro...which I should have done in the first place. Oh! BTW the tritium piece in the Big Dot was no bigger than any others. Apparently, they are all the same size.

7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

All I've been doing is using white paint on my iron sights, and it seems to work just fin for me.

8. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

I prefer The TFO's, they're great day or night.

1. 3M-TA3
  2. Oddcaliber
  3. hank2222
  4. Oddcaliber
  5. T. Riley
  6. hank2222
  7. AxesAreBetter
  8. HK_User
  9. Big Ron
  10. Motomom34
  11. Motomom34
  12. AxesAreBetter