Tropical Storm Brewing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CRC, Jun 9, 2006.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yeah..well...Circumstances of birth and such....

Give me some time..ok..

Gotta love a place where the Yellow Pages has a Hurricane Preparedness Form...and a Hurricane Tracking Chart that folds out.... :rolleyes: :eek:

2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Some of us really like sunny Florida. I'm 49, and been here all my life, other than travelling in the service. Every place has it's downside. Here in Tallahassee, we seldom get pounded - an odd quirk of topography (that huge bump extending below us on the panhandle) generally directs the storms east or west of us.
    Today, I'm getting some much needed rain, very good for my lawn.
    Many out-of-staters don't realize Florida is a big state - a major disaster just affects a very localized part. Some news reports make folks think we're devastated from one side to the other!

3. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yep..Exactly!

I had someone , on another board..tell everyone that "40% to 60% of ALL Floridians are leaving the state" :rolleyes:

(you do NOT want to see what I said to her! :lol: )

Uh....can't prove that by me...We have had a 300% growth last 2 yrs running and they can't build houses fast enough.....

I like living on the Ocean....but also feel Winds of Change...coming more and more often.....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7