Troy wins against Samson Mfg

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RightHand, Jun 21, 2007.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Posted on Troy's website

Troy Industries wins $505,000 Verdict against Samson Mfg.

June 21, 2007, Boston, Massachusetts.

Today, a Suffolk County Superior Court jury awarded Troy Industries, Inc., of West Springfield, Massachusetts, a $505,000 verdict against Samson Manufacturing Corporation and Scott Samson, individually. The jury found that Samson violated the Confidentiality Agreement it had with Troy and that Samson wrongfully used Troy’s trade secrets and confidential business information. The jury also found that Samson engaged in unfair and deceptive business practices in violation of Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 93A. The jury’s finding that Samson engaged in unfair and deceptive business practices entitles Troy to an award of its attorney fees and costs.

The trade secrets at issue were for Troy’s ideas, inventions, designs and drawings of the Modular Rail Fore-end, for which Troy was recently issued US Patent No. 7,216,451. Also at issue were Troy’s designs and drawings for the Forward Handgrip and its Scope Mount. These products are Troy’s designs for accessorizing the M16 rifle and carbine used by our military in training and in combat abroad, including the Middle East.

Troy is a designer of military weapons and weapons accessories. Stephen P. Troy, President of Troy Industries said, “This vindicates me. The decision of the jury clearly shows these were my ideas, my designs and my inventions from the very beginning.” Damian R. LaPlaca, of Donovan Hatem LLP, Troy’s lead trial counsel, added, “This means that when you steal somebody’s trade secrets and ideas and try to pass them off as your own, you’ll have to pay.” Troy was also represented at trial by attorneys Sarah K. Willey, Troy’s General Counsel, and Christian G. Samito, and law clerk Emily Coes, each of Donovan Hatem, and was further assisted by patent counsel, Ann Lamport Hammitte, of Lowrie, Lando & Anastasi LLP.

The jury also found against Samson on its claim that Troy breached a purchase order for the machining of the Modular Rail Fore-end, and awarded Samson no damages.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7