Trump Changes to Strategic National Stockpile

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Illini Warrior, Apr 29, 2018.

1. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

[​IMG]
    I don't think many would doubt the necessity of a national strategic stockpile for dealing with national NBC events...the question in the current context of changes to the stockpile management will be whether those changes represent an improvement, and who benefits, and how. Strategic National Stockpile | PHPR .....hmmm......plenty of job opportunities there.....Strategic National Stockpile Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com might send a résumé....

Irrelevant to this discussion....His Trumpesty is the only President relevant to the current changes to the SNS, given that it is his administration that is initiating these changes....whether or not there was a doofus-in-chief betterer or worserer than him in the past.

I'm surprised that you weren't making those kinds of politically ecumenical, bi partisan commitments of support for the previous doofus-in-chief. Is Donald Trump a protected species that he is to be given immunity for all the silly, self serving mendacity that he contributes to the nation?

The USA will survive for many years to come, and yes, everybody can't be right; but it is possible that everybody could be wrong.

As sorry as my country is thought to be....many US citizens would be fortunate to be as sorry as many Australians evidently are....
    just be aware that "mutual obligation" is a guiding principle of government income support here! Mutual Obligation/Work for the Dole – Parliament of Australia

2. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

You are exactly right and this is what really scares me. It frightens me to think that we might be headed for a civil war and that as a reservist I might be caught up in the middle of it. At least if it is to happen I hope it happens before my children are of military age...

Ganado likes this.
  3. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Splittig it off from the CDC allows it to be fubded separately. The story admits that funding for it hasn’t been enough due to the CDCs budgdet. This is a good way of increasing the budget for it without givig the money to the CDC who could choose to spend it on other things.

This also makes me more positive on the move... these guys are academics who study disasters and are not private industry or government shills.

“I think this is a very good move,” said Irwin Redlener, director of the National Center for Disaster Preparedness at Columbia University. “It will help coordinate and organize the delivery of vital medical responses.”

Thunder5Ranch likes this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Sometimes you just have to say.......
    16711931_1369719763049529_7821389131891937997_n.
    And call it a good day and not worry about tmrw.

Ganado, mysterymet and Bandit99 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7